Do you ever pray for strangers?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 13 years ago

Do you ever pray for strangers?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/3996380_f260.jpg

2. Sky321 profile image80
    Sky321posted 13 years ago

Yes, I see people walking on the street and feel compelled to pray for them.

3. NikenDiana profile image59
    NikenDianaposted 13 years ago

yes...i like to pray for people i dont know...even to people who ever do bad to me also i pray that God forgive them and find them good way..

4. Powerful Pierre profile image62
    Powerful Pierreposted 13 years ago

The good Samaritan story should be every Christian's motto, whether it's money advice or prayer or just a good deed for a total stranger as well as everyone  NO  favorites allowed!!

5. inspiredbydg profile image59
    inspiredbydgposted 13 years ago

Yes when I focus on them for a moment; my best intentional thought for their lives is projected and the Universe captures it for their benefit even if it is faster than my vocal prayer response, my mental and emotional work as a prayer and as long as their thoughts and prayers are in harmony my prayer works with theirs and they get their needs or wants or whatever met.

6. michellebanjoman profile image60
    michellebanjomanposted 13 years ago

Some time i like to pray for strangers on the road when they do nice things etc so i pray

7. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

Why not.. seeing that this world is a fallen one, I'm feeling an urgency to pray for them  smile) what man needs is not a good leader or a stable economy but a God who will save him from all this mess. Prayers are powerful :-)

8. MythiliK profile image60
    MythiliKposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do pray for strangers everyday.

Whenever I see someone doing good deed and service, I pray for their long life, so that the world will have some great souls like them.

Whenever I see some suffering people, I beg and pray GOD to show them a way and help them.

My heart breaks and I virtually hold the legs of GOD and pray, when I see infants, kids and old people suffering, crying for food, begging for help.

9. Allan Douglas profile image58
    Allan Douglasposted 13 years ago

Yes, frequently.  Especially people who are angry or mean; they need help the most.

10. alijawad2010 profile image58
    alijawad2010posted 13 years ago

I always pray for strangers. the one i don't know. i pray for my nation and all the world. when i use to walk on street and suddenly saw a beggar asking for the meal i try my best to help him by feeding him and i pray for him that God bless him.
    you should also view my hub Don't You Think She Deserves More Love

http://hubpages.com/hub/Dont-you-think- … -more-love

11. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

i always say a prayer when i see someone on the streets begging or when an ambluance passes i pray for thoose who need prayer

12. ravigill551854 profile image46
    ravigill551854posted 13 years ago

so many time do not no eject number of time.i do not think it pros and cons of this.i do it as a welfare.

13. profile image57
    ThePeeDeeWildcatposted 13 years ago

Yes, quite often. For example, I have seen amputees who had suffered tremendous injuries and who I knew that life had to be a hardship for them to endure. I've seen people at homeless shelters and thanked the Lord that they had a roof over their head and a meal to eat that day. At present, near my home, there is a ten year old girl who is a cancer survivor (she lost a leg because of the cancer and is hard of hearing) who has gone missing in the last month and the outlook of finding her alive is remote. PRAY FOR HER!  Also, when I'm able, I try to support financially ministries and charities that feed, clothe, clean, shelter, teach, attempt to heal, etc., people who are suffering.

14. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3137213_f260.jpg

Yes I do all the time. I am a truck driver and I see accidents on the highway all the time and I pray for the people involved. If there is someone who seems to need a prayer for whatever reason I will pray for them.

15. Online33 profile image60
    Online33posted 13 years ago

yes, why not! we should pray for all. everyone need blessings of god everyday that why pray for everyone. you can not bias with god.......

16. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 13 years ago

Yes.. I agree with all who have answered the question before me. I will also pray general prayer for all of us.  I often pray for people in the service industry...because I know they have to deal with many personalities and must deal with difficult situations when they themselves may be dealing with issues.  Right now people are hurting for all sorts of reasons and prayer seems, to me, the only way I can not worry about things I cannot change.  It takes a village to do more than raise children.

17. drmingle profile image60
    drmingleposted 13 years ago

I do...

Many times I'm moved to pray for others for obvious reasons...sometimes for less obvious reasons.

18. The Gramicore profile image61
    The Gramicoreposted 13 years ago

prayers can be done BY anyone, FOR anyone. smile

19. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years ago

Yes! Praying for strangers is like planting for future generations.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)