Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one? and how and why, if it di

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one?
    and how and why, if it did change your life?

2. JD Barlow profile image60
    JD Barlowposted 13 years ago

Yes, Atlas Shrugged by Ann Rand. It opened my eyes to how people actually view those who are willing to work for a living and the entitlements for those who will not.

3. Angelladywriter profile image72
    Angelladywriterposted 13 years ago

I have thoroughly enjoyed and still get goose bumps when I read the Bible, especially, the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. I love reading the Psalms as well as the books of Acts. The book of Job is also very practical for our day. I really appreciate how Job went through so many tribulations but never gave up on his faith in God. Today, we need examples like Job to help strengthen our faith during these tumultuous times. Reading the Bible has changed my life to the point that I finally have a real hope for the future. Daily I see so many destructive forces going on in the world today and the only hope I have seen for the future is, the wonderful hope given to us based on Revelation 21:4. Because Jehovah God cannot lie, that means one day there will be no sickness, death, pain or sorrow on this earth and it will be like a paradise. Imagine waking up in a world like that.

4. tnderhrt23 profile image75
    tnderhrt23posted 13 years ago

Hind's Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. It's an allegory about a little girl named "Much-Afraid" and her journey to the High Places, the Kingdom of Love. Powerful, captivating read that spoke to my much-afraid heart.

5. Ruchira profile image72
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

I like reading books by Nicholas Sparks. He is a fiction writer but scores points in almost everyone's heart by touching the sensitive points of our life.

The one book I liked which is written by him...A Walk to Remember. It is a Simple read with beautiful meaning. A Tear jerker but it's worth it.
    Makes one ponder on our past and try to improve our future in order to make our walk in this Life a memorable one!

6. tenordj profile image64
    tenordjposted 13 years ago

The Bible helped to change my life. It still changes it daily and I gain great instruction in it each time I read it.

7. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
    I've read it a few times now.. I keep dipping back into it.
    Helped me understand others and myself more.. life changing principles in that lil book!

8. new_dreamer profile image59
    new_dreamerposted 13 years ago

yes especially you read about self development and religious book, and we must to have teacher for guiding experience, we must try if you know that good in your life, sometime you can answer your change of life.

9. framistan profile image61
    framistanposted 13 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4429842_f260.jpg

When I read the book, "God's Key to Health and Happiness" by Elmer Josephson it changed my life.  This book explains the SCIENTIFIC reasons God made many of his commandments such as "Don't eat or touch the pig (pork)."
    It greatly influenced me to become a Christian, and also my brothers read it and they too were influenced by this book.

10. angelpre123 profile image40
    angelpre123posted 13 years ago

Guard your heart - Ron Luce. it changed my life because it taught me how to filter all the bad things out of my life and not let them affect me

11. nlclark profile image60
    nlclarkposted 13 years ago

Yes.  The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield.  It made me look at life differently, and it also confirmed things that I thought to be true.  It helped me increase my energy level and emit positive energy to those around me.  It has been years since I've read that book, and some of that energy has faded.  Recently, I've been thinking about re-reading it, so I'm glad you mentioned it.  To this day, I still think of, and remember the stranger who recommended it to me....and I smile.

12. RealHousewife profile image67
    RealHousewifeposted 13 years ago

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.  She showed me how beautiful writing can make you forget everything and make you feel as if you are a bystander - see, feel and smell the journey.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)