Why do many Christians say that others will face their judgment day?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Sundaymoments profile image60
    Sundaymomentsposted 13 years ago

Why do many Christians say that others will face their judgment day?

I have been torn by the word forgiveness and judgment. If you where to stroll over to my profile you will see that I write a lot of Christian "stuff" however I cannot figure out why many hard core believers love to say "They will face there judgment day" when they fill they have been wronged! But yet when they do wrong they begin preaching and quoting verses of forgiveness.

If only a select few are forgivable then what was the purpose of Christ dying on the cross. What is the purpose of his blood and his Holy Spirit that lives even today??

2. profile image0
    Jeykishanposted 13 years ago

Dear sundaymoments, everyone of us have to face the judgement day. Not only few but we all. The judgment will begin form the church only. I mean from the Christians including all the Christian ministers. So no one can say that "OTHERS" will face it. Here the judgment is common for all and nothing to do with forgiveness of Christ. Christ has already forgiven for our sins and we are free now. But it's a must that we all must face the judgment day in order to give accounts of our life. But we will not be condemned. Judgment and condemnation is entirely different. So, nothing to worry about the judgment. But no one has an authority to judge anyone except the Lord.Thanks for the good question.

3. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 13 years ago

The very reason Jesus died on the cross, was to be judged for us.
    So not everyone will be judged, especially those "Born Again" God does not judge those in Christs blood, nor can he, because of the blood that covers the believer the "Born Again".

You cant even lose your covering, the blood, it belongs to God and he will never remove it, that, is his promise.

4. KatieCohen profile image60
    KatieCohenposted 13 years ago

If something doesn't make sense and there are millions of different versions.. it may not be true.  Think about it thats all smile

5. GennaMGL profile image58
    GennaMGLposted 13 years ago

i dont you, or where you stand, but i would like to give you a point of view from an atheist/ antitheist. to me, forgiveness means letting go of pain, hurt and anger. while it does not mean you forget what happened, you simply just want to move on. i have found with believers, there are alot of controdictions. this goes for what they say, what the believe, and how they act. your question is one of many controdictions. they know how to claim 'in the name of the lord' how to act. when they ho wrong, they think they have an answer to forgiveness, and that is their beliefe in their god. everyone can choose to forgive eachother without the use of god. people need to not throw god into the mix, and take into account their actions and choices. so i dont think select things are forgiveable, i think that people select certinant things themselves. like i said, i dont know you, or where you stand, i just hope this helps.

1. Sundaymoments profile image60
      Sundaymomentsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This answer is probably one of the most commonsense answers I have ever heard in regards to forgiveness. I am a believer however what you have just said makes more sense to me than any preacher has ever taught on this subject!

6. Jen Buczynski profile image60
    Jen Buczynskiposted 13 years ago

Not sure if this adds to this discussion, however, your question led me to think of these verses:

Matthew 6:14-15  For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

and
    John 20:23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.

I think of these verses, because it seems that Jesus is saying that if we forgive another person's sins, He will also forgive them AND your sins.  But if you do NOT forgive the sins of others against you, they will not be forgiven and neither will you.

Perhaps the people you have seen giving these statements "They will face their judgment day!" aren't forgiving those who have harmed them? I don't know but these verses do throw in an additional aspect to their attitudes.

7. profile image50
    thewordofgodposted 13 years ago

Because they don't understand that judgment day is the day they die in the flesh. They don't think they'll die but all they need to do is read the obituaries of past Christians.

However, Jesus and the saints became spiritual beings because they were made sinless. But their flesh died like all other sinners did.

8. Mitch Alan profile image79
    Mitch Alanposted 13 years ago

For those that accept the free gift of salvation, as paid for in it's entirety at the cross, there is no judgement as far as eternity is concerned...that was settled at the cross...the "judgement" for believers is giving an account, to the Lord, for what you did with that gift while still alive...did you share the Gospel, live one another, walk with Him, were you a good steward of you time, talents and treasure...etc..
    The judgement of the unbeliever is an account of your sin...unlike the believer, the unbeliever has not accepted the free gift of salvation, and is therefore relying on their own "righteousness" to be acceptable to God...since God calls us to holy as He is holy, that is a standard we can not attain...it is because of His great love for us that He came and paid the penalty of sin, which is death, on the cross...
    So, while there are two Biblically based accounts of a judgement after death, they are discussed differently...
    Which one we face is decided BEFORE we die, not after...

1. JMcFarland profile image70
      JMcFarlandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

why do you assume that it has to be decided prior to death?

2. Mitch Alan profile image79
      Mitch Alanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hebrews 9:27 states, "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment". And no where in the Bible does it teach anything else. Faith comes from hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

9. ginjill ashberry profile image77
    ginjill ashberryposted 13 years ago

(I am answering your question based on how you put it)

They're not being a true Christian when they say that. But because they are human like you and i; they are not spared the feelings of anger. But by showing remorse and quoting from the Bible in the same breath; that makes them hypocritical. It is known that whatever religion there is in this entire world, people who called themselves belonging to a certain religion, unknowingly are identifying which religion they belong to;. It does not mean their actions represents the teachings of their religion. Anyways, what they seem to repeatedly quote, may be what they heard a lot from others regarding them OR a sentence they regularly heard around them.

10. dianetrotter profile image60
    dianetrotterposted 11 years ago

If the person is a Christian, it sounds like a new Christian or one who is still a babe in Christ.  Christians will appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ to be rewarded to their good works.  Some people will receive more rewards than others based on their faithfulness and good work.

Rev. 22:12 Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

11. JMcFarland profile image70
    JMcFarlandposted 11 years ago

because that's what the bible says.  christians feel justified in judging others because all non-believers will be tortured forever and the christians in heaven can watch.

12. Cordelia Bay profile image59
    Cordelia Bayposted 11 years ago

First, I would like to begin by saying that "it is not what Christians say, we are repeating what Jesus said." The Bible tells us if we do not forgive others that our heavenly Father will not forgive us. It also tells us that unless we ask for forgiveness we can not receive forgiveness from the heavenly Father-God. It tells us that the only way to the Father is through the Son-Jesus Christ. So, if one does not ask for forgiveness from and of the heavenly Father....they will certainly face the judgment!

Even the worst offenses are forgiven when ask to be forgiven, therefore;; giving every one or whosoever will ask forgiveness. One must be able to see one's offenses in order to ask and receive forgiveness. It is also written that we must examine our self...in order that we may not be judged.

There is only one unpardonable sin....the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit...my prayer is that no one will ever commit this sin. I believe that this sin occurs when you have witnessed the works of the Holy Spirit and God's power and presence in one's life and then say it did not happen, or try to explain it away to fill one's own intellect. An example could be as taken place in the Garden of Eden when the serpent said to Eve...."Did God really say?"

13. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 11 years ago

I think that the damned should know why they are going to hell, and that is why they will be judged.  But the saved will not be judged because they have accepted the free gift of grace.  If the saved were judged, they too, would go to hell.  I think that people who are unsaved are not forgiven from their sins because they do not seek forgiveness.  They are deceived.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)