Is being straight forward easy for you ??

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 13 years ago

Is being straight forward easy for you ??

do u find it difficult to be really honest with your friends ...?? Do gimme ur opinion

2. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I feel being straight forward is vital and yet to be constructive at it one must first be a good listener.  Other wise the straight forward point may fall on def ears.

The difficult part is realizing when it matters to be straight forward and it can be difficult indeed.  Good Question!

smile Katie

3. leahbull profile image61
    leahbullposted 13 years ago

I find it impossible to lie to my family and friends. I always tell it straight foward, when I lie I feel like I am letting them down. I want them to know that they can always trust me.

4. BenWritings profile image65
    BenWritingsposted 13 years ago

I've never been able to lie. Brutal honesty gets me in trouble all the time, but its simply built into who I am to be honest

5. SeenButNotHeard profile image60
    SeenButNotHeardposted 13 years ago

I've always had trouble saying how I felt, I keep it all bottled up most of the time. It's hard to tell people certain things, but I never lie about it. I can't stand to be lied to, why would I lie to others? Though sometimes it is easier to say nothing at all.

6. ansonabey profile image73
    ansonabeyposted 13 years ago

I hope it's not wise to be straightforward all the times. Better to be diplomatic.

7. Jarn profile image59
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

Honesty is easy. The problem is it tends to anger other people,so you end up with a corps of friends who are close enough to understand that you're not being rude, just honest. It also ostracizes everyone else, so you've gotta ask yourself whether or not you can accept that.

8. Iadore profile image60
    Iadoreposted 13 years ago

I find it easy but it depends on the person and if its a sensitive issue, you need to be able to put yourself in the persons shoes before you are direct about something concerning them.

9. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

No, it's not easy for me.  I don't like hurting other's feelings so I tend to answer in a very vague way and hope the person will get it.  It's like asking your boyfriend if what you're wearing is making you look fat.. I never ask that question cuz I already know the answer.  But if I got short changed even just a few cents, I get very annoyed and I will go back to the store and complain about it.. but if someone cut in line in front of me, I may or may not say anything depending on my mood at that time.  So my answer is no, being straight forward is definitely difficult for me.

10. Vishaaa profile image72
    Vishaaaposted 13 years ago

It's easy to be straight forward if we don't respect anybody's feelings. I was and I'm like that all my life time. But I ended up with nobody. No friends, no relatives, no one other than a true relationship(even that person suffers because of this).

I feel I could have been just like others, respecting others' feelings and act according to it. I wouldn't left out alone like this then.

11. profile image0
    bhaveshpatel03posted 13 years ago

Not always easy but straight forwardness may save us from many misunderstading, avoid complexities.

12. Phaseus profile image59
    Phaseusposted 13 years ago

Yes, I am often truthful to most everyone. Sure, there's a time when I might tell a small lie (Because everyone does and we all know it) but I feel honesty is important...it might be because of all the years I tried lying and it REALLY never worked. Poor bum of mine.

13. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

i'm know for being straight forward among my friends. i don't like to be politically correct or any other form of acceptable lying, which is all sugar coating an answer is.

14. ladyjojo profile image61
    ladyjojoposted 13 years ago

I am a straight forward person i would say it's a fifty fifty chance, some people don't like you to be forward but i think it's better to be like that rather than being a hyprocrite and pretending all is well when it isn't

I love the way i am , sometimes i can be too forward though and then i have to say to myself ouch you dug to deep. LOL

I seldom think twice of my forwardness i mean it hurt people sometimes because they don't wanna hear the truth but as long as i stand on the right grounds it's gonna have to hurt you. LOVE IS CORRECTIVE smile

15. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 13 years ago

I think the older one becomes the less "dancing" they do around issues and feelings. In order to be straight forward with someone (which is not to say being devoid of tact), a person has to want to be known for their honesty and integrity. 

Someone may not agree with you but they will in the long run "respect" you. They'll know you aren't the type of person who will say something simply to stroke their ego.
    "With honesty comes trust."

16. profile image0
    Lesleysherwoodposted 13 years ago

I find it hard, but I do try and think of how I would feel.  I want people to be straight with me.  Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and at first your friend might not like what you say, but when they have thought more about it they may end up thanking you.  After all, you would like to be told something if it meant saving your dignity or something in the long run wouldn't you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)