Why do people hurt each other?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. selene383 profile image58
    selene383posted 13 years ago

Why do people hurt each other?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4740361_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    David99999posted 13 years ago

This is a very good question.  I'm not really sure why people to that.  One possibility (which doesn't excuse their behavior) is that they either don't trust each other, or, they are acting out some sort of emotional issue.

3. manda leanne profile image60
    manda leanneposted 13 years ago

i think sometimes hurting others is to protect urself, and then there is sometimes the person is hurting and has no idea how to deal so they lash out and hurt others

4. saanj H profile image61
    saanj Hposted 13 years ago

hi

This is because every person has a distinct personality, a distinct perspective, a distinct thought process. Some times it is the clash of egos, lack of understanding between the two individuals, breach of trust or faith and the list goes on.

In most of the cases it is due to the expectations that one has from the other. If there is a dearth in fulfilling the expectations then this may hurt the feelings of the other. So people need to have a control on their expectations that they have from others.

5. profile image53
    raxxsachposted 13 years ago

That just because they have lot of anger,discontentments and weakness.A strong person is one who can control his senses he is a true king.A weak person is just the opposite no control on his own senses so he just vents out his anger and pain by screaming on others.A dry plant can only give thorns no green leaves..

6. Dammy007 profile image61
    Dammy007posted 13 years ago

People hurt each other at times because they have immature thinking  or they have wrong conclusion and mostly they are not meant for each together.

7. Cre'lynn profile image58
    Cre'lynnposted 13 years ago

Wel.. tht is a very hard qustion. mostly bc ppl have their own reasons for hurting ppl. either out of jelousy, hate, love, or anything else really. i guess bc where humans and thts wht we do smile

8. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 13 years ago

Some people whose tender hearts have been bruised at an early age, become hard-hearted and mean. While others chose to overcome this hurt and carry on; to feel all the little bumps in the road of life,--- they rise above it.

The hard-hearted need more understanding, patiences, and kindness from the ones who care. Sometimes, relationships that you have to work the hardest to develope, are the ones that last.

But on the same note: Never let anyone be abusive in a relationship--get out  of it--if this happens--. And on a second note: If you have to work too hard at a relationship; it may not be worth it.

A good relationship involves: Love, Trust, Care, Kindness,
    Consideration, and most of all Respect.
    Respect means you honor that person, as well as they should honor you.

Why People Hurt Each Other? I don't really know, all the answers. But I believe it is ingorance from not being taught in a good family environment. And it is a waste of time. Life is time, and everyone's clock is ticking.

I,  personally do not have time for mean people in my life. And that means even if they are family, friends or non-friends.

Good Luck in Your Life,

Bobbi

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 13 years ago

I wish I knew that answer, but it seems people have been hurting each other since the beginning of time. Maybe people hurt each other to feel in control.

10. arb profile image77
    arbposted 13 years ago

Because it is so difficult to turn our own hurt inward towards ourselves and our own hurt rages for expression, unfortunately, those we love the most are usually in the way. Sadder still, in doing so we encounter the further hurt of hurting someone else.

11. jennshealthstore profile image79
    jennshealthstoreposted 13 years ago

I think that in some cases hurting people and putting others down make people feel better about themselves. Usually if you do this to others then your own self confidence is lacking. Other times people do not intend to hurt others but say or do something that causes another hurt.

12. Dovay Lee profile image39
    Dovay Leeposted 13 years ago

In fact i do not know why they hurt each other. sometimes i think they do not need to , just have more forgiveness and both parties can benefit from forgiveness.

13. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 13 years ago

People hurt other people because they CHOOSE to.  Plain and simple there is not explanation, depth or reasoning for this.  Choice is very powerful, you'll be surprised according to the choices that we make how our lives are either fulfilled or forever filled with void and pain.  People have no idea what it is to choose wisely.  So for some, they choose to continuously distribute pain because they have no idea how to choose otherwise.  They have practiced and embedded the same behavior over and over again.  They have never experienced unconditional love or wouldn't know how to "choose" unconditional love even if it were right in front of their face.  Once knowing as well as experiencing love, the thought or act of experiencing or having anyone experience pain would repulse them.

Vonda G. Nelson

14. Vishaaa profile image72
    Vishaaaposted 13 years ago

Yes I do it sometimes. But how long I can just bear and do nothing when others hurt me everyday? Someday the anger comes out and make me to hurt them..

It is natural. We don't do it purposefully.

15. maria.rose profile image40
    maria.roseposted 13 years ago

I think  People hurt each other out of selfishness. and I don't understand why people hurt other who love them, I would never hurt some one who cares for me or loved me,

16. Hunbbel Meer profile image75
    Hunbbel Meerposted 13 years ago

Because at some time many people tend to forget the beauty of one's relation and its importance decreases in their eyes. They do not give that desired importance to carry one's relation in different phases of life.
    It is only when they realize the true importance of a good relation when they lose it.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

We just try to safeguard ourselves first and in the process we hurt others. For some, they do it deliberately just to feel good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)