Is there a God?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Anne Oddity profile image61
    Anne Oddityposted 12 years ago

Is there a God?

At the risk of starting a heated debate, I'm curious to know where Hubbers stand on this. So tell me, do you believe there is a God or a higher power?

2. Kristeen profile image69
    Kristeenposted 12 years ago

It is evident that there is a God by the beauty of the earth  which we live on. He created the universe and the planet we live on. He created it all perfect, but the devil tempted the man and woman He created into sin. Sin is like a virus. It is an inherited desaease which has been passed down for generations and it gets more devastating as time goes on.

You can read the whole story in the first chapter of the Holy Bible. You might like to purchase the dvd by Louie Giglio called "How Great is our God." It reveals the power of God and the vastness of the universe in which He placed us. It is a great video and it gives all glory to God.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

Yes there is a GOD. On August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD who is real and not a myth GOD, shown me in a vision the other side of death. GOD have put me on hubpages to answer questions like yours so that you may know GOD and enjoy being in the presence of GOD in heaven when you die and crossover to the other side of death. So Anne Oddity GOD is real and come on and open your heart and soul to the truth that GOD is real and every human being will find out that this is true when they die and crossover to the other side of death. I have been there and GOD have given me a preview of what is waiting for me over the other side of death when I fulfill and complete GOD'S will and ultimate purpose for my life on the earth which is to write 3 articles and answer questions on hubpages. GOD have prepared and trained me for being on hubpages which is my personal destiny for my life on the earth. My 3 articles have now obtain an total of 3019 Page Views that comes to an average of 1006 per hub page views in 12 months. Glory to GOD. I have written the greatest article on the earth called " Daily Nuggets Moment AMBASSADOR BRANDON BUTLER " that gets 100% referring sites and now have 24 visits and 42 pageviews through the referring sites traffic to this article with Brazil leading the 8 countries with 13 visits to " Daily Nuggets Moment AMBASSADOR BRANDON BUTLER " The proof is in my numbers of 3 hubs with an total of 3019 Page Views and an average per hub of 1006 as of June 13, 2011 A.D. Your arms are too short to box with GOD and you have already been knockout by the blinding light of GOD whom you come to know is real when you die and crossover to the other side of death. The Bible says: " The fool in his heart say there is no GOD " Let the count begin now of how many fools we have who says in his heart and not out of a sincere searching of is there a GOD. Do not be a fool and be cool my fellow human beings.

4. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

It is evident that there is no god by the mess the earth we live on is in. The universe and the planet have existed for millions of years and while it was pretty close to perfect man in all his infinate wisdom became tempted to destroy it. Not having sufficent reason to do so, man invented gods and religions to fight over. Religion is like a virus. It is an invented disease that has been passed down for generations  and it gets more devistating as time goes by.

Seriously, Bertrand Russell said it quite well with this quote...That the world is in a bad shape is undeniable, but there is not the faintest reason in history to suppose that Christianity offers a way out. What has religion done for this world other than give people a reason to hate and kill as many people as they can find who are different from them?

1. livingit4real profile image71
      livingit4realposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is God who holds this mess together despite man's sin. Consider, Hitler was stopped. God intervened in Paul's effort to destroy the righteous (Acts 9:4).  God is that Hand that is cleansing the land periodically of evil so that goodness prevails.

5. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 12 years ago

There most definitely is a God. He is the Creator of all that is seen and unseen. His Holy Spirit indwells the heart of every believer. He is the Alpha and the Omega. He always was, always is, and always will be; from everlasting to everlasting.

6. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

Well I may not be able to prove it, but I have faith that there is a God. It's not a question of proof, it's just a question of believing or not believing. And I do.

7. profile image58
    c.karcherposted 12 years ago

Well nobody can convince you or prove to you either way it is a personal decision. However I personally believe that there is a God, he gives me a meaning of Life and a personal relationship, also i don't see another plausible application.

8. feenix profile image57
    feenixposted 12 years ago

No, there is not "a God". There is God -- PERIOD!

And God is far beyond anything that human beings can comprehend.

9. rob_allen profile image72
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

Of course, There is GOD!

i have to agree with feenix. smile

10. profile image0
    jasper420posted 12 years ago

yes i beleave there is a higher power because without iam lost

11. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

I agree with feenix... not "a" God, but there is God!

And likely God is far different than anything most mortals have any concept for.

I have seen a part of God, but only for a few minutes, during a miracle like that of Moses parting the sea.

It was only during the most profound humility, responsibility and confidence -- a fearlessness like none I had ever felt before.

There is a connection within us, if only we give it a chance to awaken. Humility is the key. Humble confidence is the answer.

12. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

if you look at all the problems the earth goes through like tornados, hurricanes etc, then you look at how humans are and then you look at the universe, it's obvious that god is just a myth. some say there are hurricanes and such because the earth needs to clean itself but one would think that if there is some great creator he could have made a planet that cleans itself without destroying lives. god is a great concept but that's all it is.

13. C-Bless profile image60
    C-Blessposted 12 years ago

Hubpages would not allow me to give a one-word answer; they said my answer was too short so here it is: Yes....

14. xXRaelliaXx profile image60
    xXRaelliaXxposted 12 years ago

It depends on who you ask. To some, "God" can be a literal deity. To others, it can be some assumed connection between all souls which reside in all things within existence. And then of course, others believe it to be nature itself.

15. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

Yes indeed, God is everything in a nutshell, without a beginning point or origin to things, nothing would be in existence.  In anything there must be a derivative, and even mathematics teaches that, science teaches that, and all the other educative subjects including history, which classically illustrates such a struggle between them all. 
    God loving creatures on the planetary surface all must Yawn, sigh, breath and pay homage to the very air that's granted to them to exist, therefore from the birth canal to the graven exit, God leads us to it all and from it all pretty much everything that exists functions as such. Appearing and disappearing, the life & death cycles, growth & decay. If there was no god things would never need to go through such cycles, they would merely exist always.
    I sense God's existence, because I know I am a spiritual being existing within the celestial bodies God has placed into position & no religious text has to tell me that neither I can feel it in my bones and see it above the sky. 
    All praises be to the Almighty one above the clouds, for even electricity is a fabric of Gods sensational source of power, without it we would still be communicating like the cave men did eons ago.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)