Is it easy or difficult for you to accept help when you need it? Do you ask for

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
    ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years ago

Is it easy or difficult for you to accept help when you need it? Do you ask for help?

2. keshev profile image59
    keshevposted 12 years ago

Thanks for asking this psychic question.
    It depends on many factors like
    what's the intensity of need for a help,
    to whom i had to consult for help,
    how his/her nature is..he/she is emotional or not.
    in short if i feel the person is happy while helping i will take definitely
    if he is neutral and i need help intensely i will take
    But if he is helping with no intention to help and feeling trouble in it, no happiness, i will skip him even if i am in great need.
    By nature i feel good in helping rather in taking help.I usually avoid taking helps.

3. BreakingUp profile image60
    BreakingUpposted 12 years ago

I usually avoid asking for help, too. I try hard to resolve my problems by myself. And if I really do need help, I usually ask the people who I know would never mind helping me anytime - my family especially my mom.

4. LeeLeePortCity profile image60
    LeeLeePortCityposted 12 years ago

I had a conversation about this topic with one of my best friends just last night. We both agreed we hate asking for help, and never ask. I can honestly say i can't remember a time i asked for help. For one, i take pride in doing things on my own. More importantly and the quite sad truth is not feeling like you have someone to ask. Who is a real friend, or who would actually be there when you called? In conclusion we agreed we at least had each other.

5. danfresnourban profile image60
    danfresnourbanposted 12 years ago

I find that it is difficult to ask for help. In my job I am the person who fixes things, it is unusual for me to be asking for help. I feel uncomfortable asking for help because I am the person that everyone comes to for help.

great question by the way

6. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

I am a person who will rely on myself to resolve issues or problems.

Until it is such a situation to require help then I will seek for one. There is no reason why one should not rely on help in bad situation. But of course one should not be crying for help without a good reason. Only if you are unable to resolve an issue that requires someone's help, then it will be great to have an assistance to resolve issue.

7. tyler_richmond profile image57
    tyler_richmondposted 12 years ago

If there is someone willing to help you then never turn them down, just don't come to rely on help. Friends can be our greatest asset in times of need.

8. MrCharisma83 profile image57
    MrCharisma83posted 12 years ago

This is a good question. To answer, I find that it can be a little embarrassing to ask for help. But, if you need solutions to a problem you cannot solve, what else are you to do? I have read the many posters here that say they ask for help only when it is absolutely necessary. Their reasonings is pretty much they don't want to seem inept or they may not want to "burden" someone else with their problem(s).

Try this, don't we ask for help, many of us, from God? The bottom line is that there are certain things in life we cannot do in the "natural" but that you need that extra boost from God, himself. The one who gives us our strength to wake up in the morning and go through the day highly functional.

Didn't mean to "spiritualize" my answer or sound so "deep" nevertheless, it's true.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)