Is it suspicious when you're single and your friends partner visits your house a

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 12 years ago

Is it suspicious when you're single and your friends partner visits your house alone, unexpectedly?

Just knocks on your door and said they were just passing bye so decided to call in and say hello.  Had it happen to me recently and felt it was an odd thing for my friends partner to do.  He had been to my house with my friend (his partner) once before. But maybe it was innocent and he was just genuinely passing bye and called in to be friendly?

2. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 12 years ago

It's inappropriate, for sure.  If there's a good reason, let him state it upfront, deal with it and leave.  Even so, find a courteous way to cut short the visit:  busy, an appointment etc.  In the process make sure you let him know that you expect him and his partner to visit you together.

3. profile image0
    klevifushaposted 12 years ago

Like the other user said before me, it is certanly innapropriate and I would also call it disrespectful. If it was suspicious, that's up to you to decide. Was this person flirting with you? Or did this person's behavior seem genuinly friendly?

4. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

I'm not sure I would call it "suspicious" but it's not a cool move.
    First of all there is no reason to just drop by anyone's house without calling first.
    Secondly if this person's mate is your "friend" odds are she would not happy with this (secret meeting). The only exception would be if they were asking you to help plan a surprise party for their mate.

This is very similar to "flirting" or "testing the waters"
    It allows the person to keep pushing to find out where the line is drawn. If you call them on it they are likely to make it seem as though there is something wrong with YOU. After all they did not make an "overt pass" at you. Regardless of how it may appear to anyone you have a right to say you are uncomfortable with these types of visits.

5. andrewwilliams63 profile image61
    andrewwilliams63posted 12 years ago

Well, could be innocent, it would depend on how they act when they are around you, do they flirt with you?

6. shampa sadhya profile image76
    shampa sadhyaposted 12 years ago

I would not prefer any of my acquaintance to drop at my place. If at all there is an emergency then prior information is a must or else it will be quite embarrassing and disrespectful. Home is a very private place so anyone at any time is not at all welcomed.

7. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 12 years ago

No, sweetie it was not innocent.
    I hope you mentioned his unexpected visit to your friend....

8. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

That's weird.....I don't think I would believe that line

9. profile image0
    Del Sandeenposted 12 years ago

Sounds suspicious to me. Why can't he call first if he wants to "stop by"? I can only speak for myself since I really don't like uninvited guests but not only is it suspicious, it's rude, too.

10. Inspired to write profile image76
    Inspired to writeposted 12 years ago

Hi Stricktly, yes, as a guy myself, & if you are a good looking sexy babe, it is highly suspicious, it seems to me, of course, it could be an innocent thing & he really is interested in just making the effort to go and calling at yours 'on the spur of the moment' without his gal knowing, just to see you & to say 'HI baby'!

Some guy's are downright sneaky like this, they seem innocent but they can't really be trusted behind their 'current' partner's back.

Also, something as narrow minded, which you didn't have no control of him calling, like this, can even break the friendship bond between you & your pal if your not careful.

As a guy myself, through my own experiences, my feelings, & my past actions, this is my point of view. But now, as a mature person who knows what he want's I am the real me & I don't step on another's toes!
    Regards Dale

11. f_hruz profile image60
    f_hruzposted 12 years ago

To a suspicious mind, anything is suspicious ... but with a clear view of reality and a bit of objective evaluation, it shouldn't be too hard to find out the true motive behind it all!

12. vjwillisjr profile image60
    vjwillisjrposted 12 years ago

If he respected you and your friend he would not have dropped in without calling first. I'd say with 95% certainty that his intentions were not innocent. Why not bring the visit up the next time you are all three together? Watch him to see if his partner finding out about the visit makes him uncomfortable. If it does, then it was NOT innocent.

13. Beata Stasak profile image78
    Beata Stasakposted 12 years ago

It is suspicious if you want to see it that way:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)