Has Golden Toad Returned ?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (93 posts)
  1. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I know GT, he loves writing and he loves Hubapages and I think he has returned. I know I wound him up as Cabin Girl and I think he has returned as a female hubber because I know his style and I think I know who he is, but do you smile

2. dingdong profile image59
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

So, who?

3. Shalini Kagal profile image55
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

I do hope so!

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I don't think I ever met Godlen Toad. I probably joined up after he left.

5. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Hmmm. Not rdnckwmn?

1. profile image0
      rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha!!!! You...  lol

6. profile image0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years ago

-Hugs- dear Captain...

I agree.  I think it is 'GoodFriend'...but I could be wrong. Just stopping by, to pay you a visit =]

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see like me my fav Poet we also share the same deep insight smile

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw when the comment you made on the hub, Badcomp, but its really a stretch, you know.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nahhhh. wouldnt be my guess, like what would I know , just dont see not even a flash of GT in the two persona's smile

1. profile image49
          CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Myself and the Captain never play guessing games !

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Yea right lol

Why do you think that ?

I just see nothing remotely connecting the two except maybe a green sweater

1. profile image50

I never named anyone lol, I just said Am I Dead Yet was astute and that I knew who GT was and I do but I have also learnt not to name anyone straight out on a Forum. Just trust me ok, I know smile

Ok (she mutters) wink

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

There was once a toad discovered in the second half of the twentieth century. It got extinct in the 90s, as no citation of this toad was reported in its native area. This now extinct toad was assigned a common name: "Golden Toad".

From the title of this thread I thought it is about that toad and there has been a citing of it and i was in aw, then after reading the detail I realized its about a hubber. lol

Hope we will solve this riddle captain!

8. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Nothing gets by you Captain, nice to have our outfits back, I hated your metal hands on my back !

9. profile image50

Fierycj trust me the Golden One is back but Toad if you are reading I knew from Day 1, you are good my friend but I didn't become the Captain by being a step behind ya know, oh anyone else reading ya won't get this comment, tis a cryptic one for the Golden One, yer good for sure, I loved it lol smile

10. profile image49

I used to love him when he had that old tramp Avatar, I kinda miss him, he was wicked !

11. profile image50

Anyways, Checkmate !

12. profile image49

The Captain is never wrong, the Toad returns to play mind games and the guy is pure class but sadly not classy enough. It was fun my friend, in fact it was such drama I am saddened it's over but like cmon did you really think you could fool my Captain. Thing is which of the 2 put you up to it, the one with the 30 year old pic or the one on medication. smile

Bit boring alter ego though wasnt it ?

Later people Im a gonna call New Zealand ,tis Tues mornin there already...ya want me to see if blondies available Badco?

CG ya probably descibed most internet users lol

1. profile image49

Nope I described 3, one a guy who writes pure class, one who I have seen and her hub pic is like from 1970 and the other is more nuttier than me, and hell like I care about their feelings because they tried to mess with me.

Reality check, you really can't kid a kidder, twas fun though because I love mind games, just a pity I can't find someone on my own level smile

13. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

GT back????? mmmmmmmmm...... I don't know about that and even if I did I would never tell!!!! LOLOLOLO big_smile

He probably never left  lol

1. profile image50

He left ok but he's still on Hubs !

2. profile image50

I should have changed the Title to Golden Toad is back AE, I love the guy and I know his style from a mile away and as the bugger has been emailing me for the last 3 weeks I kinda know but I am way ahead of moi friend John, twas fun but now just like a smelly sock I have discarded him.

The funny thing was leading him on and him not knowing I saw the fascade, like AE nobody fools the Captain, I really hope any laughs on the Tree aren't spoilt because I knew it was all a wind up, oh gosh I guess one has to be even more clever than GT to catch me out.

Loved it though lol !

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I must be informed what this infamous TREE site is...  Seriously.  WHAT THE ????

1. profile image49

The Tree is like a Secret Society where a select few get invited, GT is there and I was there myself as BadCo ya know but I am a loner, a free spirit so I left plus some were two faced back stabbing assholes and I am a Christian.

But fact is 2 chicks that had a thing for BC are there and guess wat, yup they are friends of GTs, so revenge, make up a female alter-ego and hit on BadCompany. Oh dear, one thing they didn't plan on, I am way more intelligent than you and never forget it, I laugh aloud in yer face GT smile

1. fortunerep profile image68
            fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this
            1. AEvans profile image72
              AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Badco you know what the Tree is you left it and then 6 of us were removed because we did not bow down and pop in and abide by there rules, nor do they respond to us any longer. It is really creepy reminds you of a cult following but there are a couple that are normal and reside in the hollows of The Tree.smile

3. profile image49

I may tickle you to get the info smile

14. profile image49

And he is the greatest writer ever to grace Hubpages, GT is without doubt a magician of the written word, I still love him with a passion smile

15. profile image50

He did fool ya BC so don't act all smart, like GT deff had you fooled !

1. profile image49

Well not me, I knew it was that tramp right away, by tramp I mean his Avatar ya know cause I respect the dude.

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Think I'll stay away from the Tree.  Unless, I decide to go back to high school for the Hell of it...

1. profile image49

Wise move, cause that is just what it is like silly school kids giggling over crap, the Cabin Girl spits on the Tree !

17. profile image49

I Am Who I Am !!!!!!

1. profile image50

You go Girl !!

18. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2593152193_86d1e0dc48_m.jpg  lol

1. profile image49

We love you, you really understand life and people just like me and the Captain smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Right back atcha, CG and BC.  wink

19. profile image49

OMG thank you Captain, I just got carried away there for a minute, I don't like anyone messing with us Captain lol !

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

The toad now is the perverted cannibal. i thought everyone knew???

1. profile image49

The Toad is a genius Ralwus, he is twice the writer of me and BadCo combined, I just wish the bugger would just return as himself !

21. profile image0

Here he is in all his glory now.
    http://api.ning.com/files/MD*QRO8USlCzo*L4IbUzRtMlnm-ZlCdq5FFGINUvWyKDSswQde4AWmLNxSwRzRJsLvEOQqP*8rGiWVHBzeJCf374u5NLn3DQ/pigman.jpg?width=183&height=183&crop=1%3A1

1. profile image49

Lol I still am in love with him, hes so cute smile

2. AEvans profile image72

OMG !!! You have shown him naked!!! Ralwus naughty you. lolololo big_smile

22. profile image50

Toad is, I like you JJ but do not disrespect me because trust me I know more than you on this issue, the Golden One is back and I only drink, I will leave the tripping to you !

23. profile image49

Lol I actually once knew you when you were somebody !

24. profile image50

From my account and reads I actually am looking ok, from my fans I am almost at 500 so ok there as well. I am not having a debate about GT ok, he is back on hubs ok and I know who he is and if you think different I really dont give a monkeys. I would have cared about yer opinion way back but sorry now I dont and you are not the same JJ, the JJ I loved and cared about buggered off on me  2 months ago.

GT is back ok, I know who he is and so do the astute like AIDY, please do not reply because in my eyes the old JJ is history !

My dearest he is not back and I would tell you the truth just like Dori. Ip addresses are based on our providers and I know you wish he was but he really is not. sad
      Maybe you could coherse him to come back smile

wink

25. profile image49

JJ deleted her comment my Captain which comes as no surprise as her comments will be made in secret to her little tree members lol. Well JJ to me and the Captain you are not worthy of any respect, we know the Toad is back and even he is hopping off when confronted. I challenge any of you to come out of the tree and challenge my assumptions, any takers ?

Lol enjoy yer own personal branch smile

26. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

To tell ya the truth and laugh you may
    But I dont know anybody , not really , I only know what I see written ,and hell that changes everyday smile so in the end I still know nothing lol

Im like Forest , Im not a smart man ,but I know what love is..tongue

Whats this tree stuff ,monkeys swinging in trees? or just another site ? if thats a mystery , forget I asked , they obviously like hide n seek lol.

1. profile image49

Its a website which I was asked to join but left its full of people who enjoy making fun of others. Oh will I name some of the members, nahhhh I may save it for a really cutting Hub lol but basically my friend you get an email asking you to join what is basically a forum with over a dozen top hub members including GT who just like to bitch about Hubs.

But the funny thing is most of the tree members are the most active on hubpages. me, I am only a silly little cabin girl but it strikes me like they are two faced. And as I said any of you that are reading and want to step forward and debate my theory on GT step right up. Poor JJ buggered off and Goodfriends Mammy sent her to bed, bit weird a 37 year old being sent to bed.

Lol but hey we all know the secret doncha think, not just you tree dwellers but us hubbers, the cabin girl knows, omg its like finding out who Batman is only GT doesnt suit tights, so Robin ya anything to say ?

27. fortunerep profile image68
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

BC is right he is back......

Does he write anything , or just make guest appearances lol

1. profile image49

He is Goodfriendiam !

2. profile image49

So was he defending your honour Dori, my Captain had his phoney BS sussed from day 1, did he really think he had me fooled, get real Dori !

why would he defend me, or my honor BC and I hope we are still friends and remain that way

1. profile image50

No Dori out of everyone on here I would expect you to tell the truth, I am sick of the lies and deceit when I do actually know that it is him. Lie all you want, I care not because in life the thing I hate most is a liar. I am off, spin all the lies you want in my absence because I know I am right !

I am not lying to you bc yes I think he is back but i don't know what name or anything else.  I would tell you the truth.  Although Aevans said no and she knows him better than I so whatever, I am sure he is but who?  I am going to look at the hubs by the person you said and see .

BC: Stop being naughty to Dori she is not going to cause you any grief she is a fabulous person , stop it!!! ***sniff***sniff**

3. profile image50

Thank you Dori !

4. profile image50

Fortunerep I respect you and I know you don't lie because you are an honest person. I know he is back, I also know hes been mailing me for weeks pretending to be in love with me as his Goodfriendiam persona.

We were good friends, so as a friend and as someone who doesnt lie am I right, is Goodfriendami really Goldentoad, be honest Dori !

5. profile image50

Dori I know you know, we were really good friends and he has tried to make a fool out of me. Is this now the person you have become because if it is I am really let down by someone I totally respected, just reply yes or no, is Goodfriendami really Golden Toad, just a simple Yes will do, respect yerself Dori or just lie !

no my friend no.. smile

28. profile image49

She wont say Captain but we know anyway but I thought Fortunerep at least had some dignity !

29. fortunerep profile image68

no

1. profile image50

It was merely a test because I know he is, I have matched email ips right back to his first comments on my 1st hubs. I didnt need you to say yes or no I was just testing you, and you failed.

30. fortunerep profile image68

Well then I have been fooled, i don't know who he would be then

31. profile image50

"Come here you little fucking rug rats" Oh how lovely to here such sweet music coming out of her mouth, makes me want to come right to her. How about you? Ya and I was supposedly insane because, I believed in goodness, in a family. You know what mean don't you?. Respect, compassion, forgiveness. I don't know maybe I am just old fashion. What I don't get, is how in the world, did I know, being only 13, about the "simple" things in life., but they couldn't "see". Go figure, cause I'm still clueless. But ya know what I am going to lift my head up, and keep trucking"

See that, that is GTs style, catch you about !

Badco: That does not sound like GT my friend, please stop touching that stuff and you know what I am talking about,please stop you are being naughty and you are saying things you should not. sad

32. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Hi Toad!  smile

33. Eaglekiwi profile image74

AE Love you to bits , but ya know this is starting to sound a bit 'lord of the rings' if ya know what I mean..

Off topic but there is very cool niteclub in new zealand called "The Treehouse" lets meet up there sometime without avatars and shake the coconuts some lol

Let me know and we will go!!! big_smile If you e-mail me I will tell you all about it, it kind of reminds me of Eyes Wide Shut the tree does !!! LOLOLO big_smile

2. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol--I love your analogy of "lord of the rings"! big_smile

It's a place called Virtual Friends Tree--awhile back, a bunch of people who had left hubpages went over there...some have stayed, some haven't.

My husband is a member, mostly in name only, 'cause he doesn't visit much, but when he tried to get me in, he was told that they weren't taking anymore new members, and were wanting to keep "disgruntled hubbers" from coming in...

What's so funny is I'm so NOT a disgruntled hubber, lol...big_smile

It is nuts they banned me because I didn't respond in a timely manner and you should have seen the e-mail that was sent. I started my own site and there are many there it is called Who's Loving You anyone and everyone is on there and I don't believe in childish games we are all adults and you are welcome to join just e-mail me if you wish and let me know.  It is fun we have all types of writers there. Sir Dent has one as well smile

Ok thankyou smile

2. TamCor profile image81

Thank you!  Tom and I started one, too, called "themcornetts"--a lot came over and joined, but it's been pretty quiet lately, lol, but we haven't had time to do much with it ourselves...maybe when stuff levels out for us, we can both come visit you at yours--sounds like a lot of fun! big_smile

That is right I am also a part of yours I will send you an invitation we would love to have you both stop by. smile

1. TamCor profile image81

Well, geesh, that's right, you are!big_smile And thanks again for the invite!

You are welcome!! smile

Well bless yer cotton socks TamCor! lol
        Thankyou for demystifying the scenerio for us all.
        I would think you the least 'disgruntled' lol too!

34. fortunerep profile image68

BC I am so blown away that you think I would or could and be so caniving to even think I have nothing to do with whether He is back or what, I haven't even been on HP for a while lately due to school returning, it is absurd that you would think I would do such a thing and what would be the point, the purpose?

1. Candie V profile image62
      Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good golly Dori! Give it a rest!!!!

got no problem with that ia ma tired of beingblamed for bs  I want be back on here don't worry

1. Candie V profile image62
          Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not worried.. you have enuf going on not to put yourself in this.

35. profile image0

I know one fact about the toad that has been overlooked. He is not a poet and will confess it to you and has said as much more than once. So any hubber that has original poetry as one or more of their hubs cannot be the goldentoad. Care to argue that fact? anyone?

totally agree, there is no way he wrote that poem

36. Eaglekiwi profile image74

fortunerep, was nice to see you briefly smile I wish you good things.

37. Hawkesdream profile image65
    Hawkesdreamposted 14 years ago

Well, BC,I have read this whole post from start to finish, and I have come to the conclusion that you are a very clever person. I have the utmost respect for you and your m.a.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)