What is the worst thing that has happened to you at a date?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Theocharis V profile image68
    Theocharis Vposted 12 years ago

What is the worst thing that has happened to you at a date?

2. Sharyn's Slant profile image91
    Sharyn's Slantposted 12 years ago

It was the first time I was meeting this person and we decided to meet near a concession stand at a local baseball game.  This person brought their big dog with them and let the dog run around in the park.  Just a few minutes before I arrived, the dog got sprayed by a skunk.  We spent the next few hours at a drive-thru self-service car wash (for the dog) and in and out of the grocery store nearby purchasing tomato juice and dish soap.  I helped cuz I thought the dog was great, but I never did see this person again, ha.

3. bizzymom profile image63
    bizzymomposted 12 years ago

It was a first date and thankfully we met at a cafe and he did not have my home phone number or address!  The guy proceeded to tell me his whole medical history in hopes that a "clean bill of health" would prompt me to continue dating him, proudly stating that "cancer did not run in (his) family".  He also brought me flowers which I thought was cheesy.  I was hard pressed not to laugh during the entire date and actually laughed most of the way home.

4. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

The worst thing that ever happened to me on a date was completely my own stupid fault. I had been on my best friends hen night the previous week and got more that a bit drunk. I was ill, blurred vision and extremely dizzy. I went to the payphone to call a taxi and met a man at the queue for the phone. We got chatting and kissed, he asked me for my number which I gave him (don't ask me how I remembered it!)

He called me the following evening and asked how I was. He was so lovely on the telephone and we arranged to meet the following Saturday at a pub in Glasgow called Tropics.

I met him as arranged outside at 7.30pm. When we got inside I was gobsmacked. I don't profess to be a contender for Miss World, but this man was no oil painting, not even a scribble! He had no more than 4 or 5 teeth, he was wearing terrible non-matching clothes, was vertically challenged (I am 5'10"), and to top it all,he smelled so bad. I was so embarrassed as I had obviously only seen him previously wearing my beer goggles. I'm ashamed to say that I made an excuse about going to the bathroom and I did a runner. I am not proud of this, but thankfully he never called me back. I have learned my lesson - honest!

5. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 12 years ago

The date got food poisoning and we had to end it because...well, you know what happens when you get food poisoning (both ends).

6. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 12 years ago

How about on my way to my date?  I was all dressed and looking good and just about to leave my bedroom when my cell phone rang.  I answered it and a woman's voice said my name.  When I said yes, she told me that I was just about to go on a date with her husband.  Needless to say, I called him and cancelled.

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

It was my very first date.  The boy next door that I already had a crush on called and asked me to go to the Beatles Concert at Dodger Stadium.  I was beside myself, absolutely thrilled.  His dad drove us and another couple (too young to drive yet) and on the way the girl with the other guy started talking about how her best friend was supposed to go to the concert but found she had a conflict. 

Then I knew that the boy had only asked me because he had the unused ticket and his mom and my mom were friends.  So I was the fill in because his girlfriend couldn't make it.  I was crushed because I had started thinking he liked me.

I didn't say a word, but my stomach was in a knot the entire time.

8. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 12 years ago

We went out to eat, and he'd thought there would be vegetarian options.  There were absolutely ZERO!  It was pretty bad.  I was really hungry, and he felt a little bit humiliated.  That date was the last one (not because of this though.)  smile

9. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

The ex-girlfriend came around and took over the evening. It was extremely embarrassing and hurtful. I felt like the third, unneeded wheel.

10. Jewelz1313 profile image66
    Jewelz1313posted 12 years ago

i went out with a guy, we went out of town 3 hour drive, just to find him hitting on another girl. He wasn't trying to dump me noooo, he wanted me to join them. That was the last time I ever saw him.

11. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

My boyfriend brought a friend that hated me. He kept on harassing me and broke us up! In the end, he tried to date me after we broke up. What a group of stupid young men those were.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)