Is there old reruns you can never get enough of?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

Is there old reruns you can never get enough of?

I am absolutely hooked on Fraiser that I never knew anything about until years after the show had gone off. How about you?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6175212_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Emer420posted 12 years ago

YES there is.  I am always excited for any episode of Desperate Housewives.  I have seen every single episode so far and would never get sick of any of them.  smile

3. proudmamma profile image81
    proudmammaposted 12 years ago

I have two favorites.....NCIS and Bones. I love to watch the current episodes and the reruns. I love them!

4. Dee aka Nonna profile image59
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 12 years ago

I have several.  I enjoy many of the shows from the 70's, 80"s and 90's..most of them I didn't see during their initial run.  But the show I try to never miss is Criminal Minds.  Also love runs of CSI:Miami especially seasons 1,2 and 3 and Law and Order: Criminal Intent the first 4 seasons.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

I used to watch Frasier but never saw the entire series. Just started watching it on the Hallmark channel a few months ago and ended up buying the entire series - it is hilarious.

I never tire of I Love Lucy, Friends and Star Trek TNG.  Own all of them and really enjoy them. 

Oh and each and every episode of NCIS.  We are always wishing we had a full NCIS channel - we really enjoy all of them.

6. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Back when VHS was still fairly new I taped almost all of the I Love Lucy episodes. Have no idea why. Also, a lot of the old dance musicals on TCM. Boy, has that been awhile now. Oh, Frasier is a good show!

7. KF Raizor profile image60
    KF Raizorposted 12 years ago

On Friday nights I watch DVDs of old TV shows.  My favorites are "Burke's Law," "The Green Hornet," and "M*A*S*H."

8. ishwaryaa22 profile image81
    ishwaryaa22posted 12 years ago

My favorite tv-sitcom is Friends. This famous tv-show was packed with humour and crisp screenplay dealing with day to day routines and issues such as relationships, friendship,dating,marriage etc usually done by young people in real life, which made it an overall entertainment for its fans. Though I watched them for the first time many years later after this serial came on air I enjoy watching this tv-sitcom on Star-World and again viewing its reruns, particularly its funny episodes which had me holding my sides in laughter. Its entire cast enacted their performances very well and naturally that the audience though all ages, particularly teenagers and young people, were able to relate well to them. No wonder, this show became and continued to be a cult show and gained world-wide fame for many years! Its fans, including me, are never tired of watching its reruns.

9. Rusticliving profile image82
    Rusticlivingposted 12 years ago

I never watched "Friends" during their season runs. However, now that they are in syndication, I get a double dose of them every night right after the news.
    The talent that came out of those six young people were amazing. I also realized just how many celebrities were either guest stars or got their careers boosted after appearing on an episode of Friends. I have two favorite episodes of Friends. The first is when Joey learns to speak French for an audition. Pee your pants funny and the second is when everyone finds out about Monica (played by Courtney Cox) and Chandler's (played by Matthew Perry) relationship. Again, another comedy timed piece.

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

I will always watch any of the Star Trek shows--originals and all the spin-offs: TNG; Deep Space 9; Voyager--and I'll watch them for the 3rd or 4th or 10th time in preference to some of the garbage that is being presented now, such as all the so-called "reality" shows.

11. MarketBOB profile image75
    MarketBOBposted 12 years ago

I have a soft spot for BlackAdder British TV episodes, I keep hauling out my DVD set every year to see the same jokes, never get tired of them.

12. odeisa profile image60
    odeisaposted 12 years ago

FRIENDS! This show just makes me laugh on every joke.

13. Jyoti Patil profile image59
    Jyoti Patilposted 12 years ago

yup!! i love FRIENDS like crazy, and the reruns make me laugh as much as i laughed when I saw it first.

14. larryriegle profile image60
    larryriegleposted 12 years ago

of course seinfeld, bob newhart, soul train, mash, and boy i wish they would bring back the old beatles cartoon....

15. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

I could never get enough of Two and a Half Men or Friends. At the moment in the UK we are getting reruns of both of these brilliant series. I could sit and watch them all day and never tire of them. Unfortunately, work gets in the way!!

16. Dexter Yarbrough profile image69
    Dexter Yarbroughposted 12 years ago

Yes! "All in the Family," "Sanford and Son," and "The Andy Griffith Show." I could watch these all day!

17. Billy Hicks profile image81
    Billy Hicksposted 12 years ago

Forever Knight, and Highlander. I've got both on DvD, and can't get enough. I also have Small Wonder on DvD (it's a guilty pleasure).

18. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 12 years ago

I love "Barney Miller," I think it was very under appreciated

19. profile image0
    setarehposted 12 years ago

FRASIER! YES!
    And friends and Gilmore Girls!
    Oh! And Doctor Who!
    Good thing i forget what happens in the episodes after a while! haha!

20. thebiologyofleah profile image67
    thebiologyofleahposted 12 years ago

To go way back, to before I was born, I love the cheesy Adam West Batman series. It was short but so good! As far as I know it is not out on DVD so the only way to watch is when a station airs it.  Also I got hooked on NCIS, Gilmore Girls, and Third Watch while in reruns. Thank goodness for reruns!

21. rlaha profile image61
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

NCIS, Bones and Castle are my favorite shows. I don't mind watching those over and over again even though I know what the episodes have in them smile.

22. kikibird03 profile image61
    kikibird03posted 12 years ago

For me, there are so many I can never get enough of, and I'll tell you about a few of them and why! First, The Andy Griffith Show!  I can never get enough of the reruns so I bought a lot of the boxed DVD sets! There is a genuine peaceful, loving quality in Andy's face, and complete wisdom in all his dealings with Opie, Barney, and anyone else in the episode's plot.  I love the way he talks and the kinds of words he uses that are unique to both the locale and time period, just completely charming!  Another is The Incredible Hulk series on DVD! Bill Bixby is another actor who comes across on screen as very patient, loving, and kind to the extent I really believe he was this way in real life.  The show also is a visual documentation of the late 70's through the early 80's of clothing, hairstyles, cars, mannerisms, social norms, etc.  You can even catch a periodic clip with a gas station sign showing the price of gas then!  The last example is Bewitched.  Samantha Stevens, (Elizabeth Montgomery) has a personality in the series much like Andy and Bill - very wise, caring, loving, and always knowing what to say or how to treat others with respect and kindness.  Sure, it's all a script, but I really feel that these people had to be somewhat like their characters for those qualities to shine through with so much honesty.  It's interesting to me, because Andy Griffith aired before I was born; Bewitched when I was born through young childhood, and The Incredible Hulk when I was in grade school; all three depict very different time periods in the United States and different lives.  One is a sheriff in a small town, one a suburban house wife to and advertising exec, and the other a medical doctor.  Two are fantasy based so they delight the imagination; the other almost so utopian that it is a fantasy in itself - referring to Mayberry.  All three series leave me feeling very happy, delighted, daydreaming, and wishing I could have met all the actors, I just love them! Another point, I imagine people who are not here anymore such as my grandparents, my dad, all alive - beyond the view that the scope of the studio filming captures, and I wonder what they were doing at that particular time because they are just as much there as anything you can see in the show.

23. urgurl_bri profile image82
    urgurl_briposted 12 years ago
  24. sassymuse profile image59
    sassymuseposted 12 years ago

I like Fraiser too. It has an intellectual hier about it as well as the down to earth venue.

25. VendettaVixen profile image69
    VendettaVixenposted 12 years ago

I absolutely love Scrubs, Friends, Fraiser, Lost, an Irish show called Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, and The Office (both Uk and US versions).

26. EclecticFusion profile image68
    EclecticFusionposted 12 years ago

I can watch these over and over again: Will & Grace, Roseanne, CHiPS, I Love Lucy, Gilmore Girls, The Brady Bunch, Andy Griffith, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Seinfeld, and The Twilight Zone. I'm sure there are many more, but those are the ones I can think of right now! Good question!

27. Leanna McCarthy profile image60
    Leanna McCarthyposted 12 years ago

That happened to me with Fraiser too, and Sienfeld. Totally missed them when they were popular. I also love watching reruns of I Love Lucy. I could watch those episodes over and over.

28. cookies4breakfast profile image61
    cookies4breakfastposted 12 years ago

My favorites only pop back on every few years, but I love it when they do.  Twin Peaks, Dark Shadows, and AbFab are my absolute number ones.  It's great that Big Bang Theory is on every night now, too!

29. mirriquelblogs profile image60
    mirriquelblogsposted 12 years ago

Based on some of the other responses, it seems I am on a common wagon when I say "Friends!"  Some of the episodes I have watched so many times, I could practically say the lines myself ... yet there is something about that cast that keeps me watching if even only as background noise. Another is The Big Bang Theory! What a hilarious cast! yikes)

30. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 12 years ago

I still watch "Simpsons" reruns whenever I have a chance.

I didn't get into "Bones" till it had already been on for a couple of seasons so I've been able to catch up on what I missed via reruns on TNT.

...and boy, do I love it whenever SyFy Channel runs a classic "Twilight Zone" marathon!!!

31. Crochetliens profile image61
    Crochetliensposted 12 years ago

That happened to me with Arrested Development, I just started watching The Office,  and I am watching all the old Twilight Zones right now.  Love them! 
    Shows I could watch all the time are Buffy, Angel, One Day at a Time, Golden Girls, Welcome Back Kotter, Barney Miller, Maude ... the list goes on forever lol.

32. YvetteParker profile image62
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

The Beverly Hillbillies top my list of all time favorite reruns. They were genuinely, no holds barred funny! I know, I know...I'm telling my age!!

33. CrimsonDahlia profile image59
    CrimsonDahliaposted 12 years ago

I have some very quirky ones I adore Pushing Daisies, Hidden Palms(guilty pleasure murder drama), and reruns of Friends are amazing. I actually just watched the episode where Ross and Rachel have to sing Sir-Mix-A-Lot Big Butts to get their baby to laugh. PRICELESS

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)