What simple things can we do for others that will change the world, and why do w

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. wayseeker profile image83
    wayseekerposted 12 years ago

What simple things can we do for others that will change the world, and why do we fear to do them?

We live in a world today in which it is a surprise to find a stranger who will say hello.  Many simple things are left undone or are forgotten or lost in the rush of life.  How could we change this and why don't we actually do it?

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 12 years ago

Well I don't fear what can be done. I feel being understanding is a key word that can and will change the world. smile

3. profile image0
    erickcbposted 12 years ago

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.
    I think this holds true and u understand it well. I think most people can not be the change because they do not know what kind of world they would want. They only know what is familiar so undoing it would be uncomfortable or scary to them. Secondly the fear of being love. People feel powerless these days. Much of the soul in people is damaged and forgotten so people lack the spirit and confidence to just go out and be love to people. The powers that be have cleverly taken the peoples Power and trust in themselves away through many levels of indoctrination and mind control so the change we all wish to see is a long time coming..

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

Anyone that fears to do anything for someone else, especially if they are in NEED is either self centered or just no good, especially if they've asked you.  If you have to think about doing something good for someone in need then you need to do some serious soul searching.  To extend a hand or give of yourself in a way that wouldnt affect you coming or going should come just as easy as nature provides for you coming and going!  You don't ask but yet you are in dire need for air and food Daily because without it you won't exist!  These mandatory necessities are essential for life much less survival!  I shake my head a those that believe helping someone makes them privy or promotes them to being Grand or Great.  If the truth be told look at it as Karmatic, nothing happens just because, neither will someone randomly approach you because....  your actions that following will either "bless" or "curse" you in the near future. "Changing the world" is not an option, changing the way you think is.

5. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 12 years ago

Actually listen to them if they need to speak...or write on Hub Pages, smile and say 'hello' as you pass, and lend a hand if there is a need.  The world's not going to change much because there is so much fear of others in it, but as Jesus said, "Perfect love casts out fear" and love is defined as patient, kind, not taking into account a wrong suffered, etc. (1 Corinthians 13:4-13)

6. wiserworld profile image84
    wiserworldposted 12 years ago

How do we change the world? This article offers some solutions for how connecting communities on a local level can help change the planet - along with a little inspiration from Eric Clapton's song. read more

7. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 12 years ago

Tell the truth and 'uncover truth that should be told' is harder and harder to do in our politically correct and 'midified news coverage' world. Growing up in the communist country where you are not allowed to think for yourself just to repeat propaganda is what is required, I dreamt to express myself freely. Having lived in the Western democratic country for the past fifteen years I came to realize that even here people are not always prepared to tell the truth and their opinions are often formed on ignoracne or the false information feeded to them by press...

Telling the truth is simple thing we can do for others that will change the world and yet few are willing to do it, in some countries due to fear from prosecution, in democratic countries it is often lack of interest or knowledge or misinformation...do we really care any more about the truth? I ask myself this question in the following hub:)

8. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 12 years ago

are they really the simple things
    we can do
    to change the world?

Countries
    like China,
    Cuba
    or Russia,
    with its rigid
    centralised
    dictatorship,
    punitive
    social
    policies
    and
    lack of openness
    to other cultures
    ... read more

9. Mac31 profile image60
    Mac31posted 12 years ago

The most easiest thing that we could do is help each other out when needed.  One of the hardest things that I saw was going to a burger joint and saw a homless guy there.  He was asking everone if they could buy him something and everybody ignored the man.  This man looked like he had been with the same clothes for more than a couple of weeks without washing them.  I noticed a few older guys in there driving there fancy Mercedes Benz amd BMW's and not one paid attention.  this guys clearly made way more than I could even think of, and so I decided to buy the homeless man a meal.  I sat with him and we ate our lunch and one of the older guys tells me how I was doing a great thing.  I mean really I could barely afford food for myself for the week and I still got the homeless a meal and not one of these guys even tried to offer any help. 

Im just saying if we all would pitch in we would be better off.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 12 years ago

I think that trying to give children a better chance in life and teaching them properly is what needs doing. Sponsoring a child is one nice way to help out, I have a sponsored child and seeing her grow and do well in school gives my heart joy because I feel I am making a difference in a young persons life.

I like saying hello to people even when they ignore me I still smile and go about my way.  It is much nicer when they say hello back.  I think the world needs to slow down a bit and enjoy the sunshine and the flowers.

I think that there is fear of being a nice guy because "nice guys finish last".  I think that in a materialist society people fear opening their hearts because they do not want to get rejected or taken advantage of by others.  Speaking for myself, when I am nice I see certain types of peole try to take advantage until you just move on from them.

Best wishes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)