When was the last time you told you Mother you loved her?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)
  1. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 12 years ago

When was the last time you told you Mother you loved her?

2. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 12 years ago

I do my best to try to call my Mom every day and have a good visit.  While our situation is unique (she's 103.5) none of us really know when we might be speaking to our mothers for the last time. If there are things to be resolved, resolve them while you can.  If you had a great mom who loved you with a unique mother's love, tell her so.  It doesn't take time from your day, it adds time to both your lives and makes both lives more satisfying.

3. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

Every night after getting her situated into bed. Since my dad passed away, over a year ago, my mom moved into my home.

4. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image61
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 12 years ago

Two days ago. I always express my feelings to my loved ones when possible. It is good to show love as the one who receives it would feel valued.

5. profile image0
    Dr Cilposted 12 years ago

I tell her that all the time,  she's only a block away from me. I see her at least once a week and talk with her on the phone at least twice a week.  You only have one mother, you should treasure her presence.

6. JosephumCarissimi profile image59
    JosephumCarissimiposted 12 years ago

I guess it was about 10 Minutes ago.....

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Probably the day before she died.  I was 15 and she was in the hospital with cancer.  My aunt and uncle too me to see her every night.  It was quite a drive from our beach town to downtown Los Angeles.  But before I left her every night, I told her I loved her.  And I sure did more than anything in the world.

8. katieababy74 profile image60
    katieababy74posted 12 years ago

I am so lucky and blessed my Mum tells me she loves me at least twice a day every day. The last time was on the telephone as she left for a holiday with my Dad two days ago, missing her already.

9. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 12 years ago

I talk to my mother every night on the phone. We live many miles apart. I know it's an oxymoron, but moving far away actually brought up closer. I tell her I love her every day; I just wish I could see her every day instead of a few times a year.

10. Becky Katz profile image81
    Becky Katzposted 12 years ago

Five minutes before she died. Nine years, 1 month and 15 days ago.

11. Amy Becherer profile image67
    Amy Bechererposted 12 years ago

I always tell my mother I love her, including everytime we speak on the phone. My mother is 84 years old and underwent open-heart, bypass surgery this past year. I stayed with her in ICU while she was in recovery.  It was terrifying, as my mom developed, what the ICU nurses termed "pump head", which is a reaction to the time on the bypass machine.  She thought she was at home and I had to keep telling her that she could not get out of bed as she was catherized.  She would say o.k. and 2 seconds later tell me she was going to the bathroom to brush her teeth.  She kept asking me why her home looked so different. As nightfall came and the lighting in the room changed, this side effect (known as "sundowners) became more pronounced. This effect can remain permanent.  Since my mother is a very private person and would not do well in assisted living, I was grateful that she regained normalcy and is able to continue living independently within her own home.  My father's sudden death, nine years ago, traumatized my mother, and she remains stressed, lonely for him and has lost any joy in life.

I would love to live with my mother, who owns a home, as I could do all the things that she no longer can, but continues to stress her.  However, she seems to prefer living alone.  I have a beloved Scottish Terrier, who is my loyal companion.  My mom says she doesn't want the dog living in her home.  SInce it is HER home, and I am unwilling to discard the one living being that has "been there" for me through thick and thin, I do the best I can.  I was a victim of the economy and was laid off on May 20, 2010, two weeks after finalizing a divorce.  I was in the process of moving into an apt and suddenly had not a friend in sight to help me. The fact that my dog "needed me", ultimately, saved me.

I love my mother and will always abide by her wishes.  Since she is blessed to remain independent and wishes to live alone, I help her in every way she needs and allows.

12. point2make profile image61
    point2makeposted 12 years ago

Ten years ago.....just before she died. If you still have your mother, in your life, don't waste the opportunity you still have. I can assure you that after she is gone you would give anything to tell her "l love you" one more time.

1. Becky Katz profile image81
      Becky Katzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And hug often. I would give just about anything to do either again. I miss both of my parents so much.

13. joyfulmommy profile image61
    joyfulmommyposted 12 years ago

Last week... I grow up without saying 'I love you' to her, our family are not very vocal in expressing our feelings but now that I am a mom myself - I tell my mother 'I love you' every-time I call her because I know she would want to hear that. (I want to hear that from my baby too)

14. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 12 years ago

Hi glmclendon,

When my mom was in the hospital, after she fell and had brain surgery, my youngest daughter and I were praying over her bed and reading scripture to her, and I kept telling her how much I loved her.  After her surgery, she was with us only 2 more weeks and then she went home to be with Jesus.

I told my mom every day that I loved her....and I will tell her in person when God calls me home to heaven.

Take care,
    Helen

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)