Where do you get your inspiration from to write?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (46 posts)
  1. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 11 years ago

Where do you get your inspiration from to write?

Everything I see inspires me to write; but where do you get your inspiration from? Work, family, life, environment?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 11 years ago

i don't need inspiration to write. I am a right brained artist. I sit down, start writing and it is off to the races. I need inspiration to edit the mess.

AEvansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I needed inspiration to edit too! lolo!

3. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 11 years ago

the things that touch me.........

watching a seed grow into a vegetable.............a gardening article

the mountain peeks, the valleys...........a traveling article

a hardship at work..............a communications article

hurt feelings..........a relationship article

Writers, write to express, in the written form, what they dare not to speak..........whatever needs to be expressed..........loss, joy, friendship, fear, lonliness, triumph...........

I have hoardes of unpublished articles.......they need to be proofwritten, tuned up.....2 or 3 of them will NEVER be published.........for they are the " secrets" of my very soul..........even I can not bear to unwrap them from their packaging, and travel that far into the depths of me.

Nothing, tells more, than the unspoken word.

I get my inspiration from my soul, a part of which, is not for public revealing.

That is priceless. I also get inspiration from my soul and have many articles unpublished. smile

4. Najla Tucker profile image58
    Najla Tuckerposted 11 years ago

Depends on what I'm writing about. Mostly, I write about something as soon as I feel it. Whether it's about work, a friend or even about myself, as soon as I feel it, I begin to write. Sometimes, it can be happy, other times it can be extremely dark and cold. Yet, whenever it comes, I just let it flow the way it should.

Wow! That is so perfect too. You share all sides of your emotion. smile

5. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 11 years ago

It has to be a subject that moves me in some way. I don't mean to say I don't write unless I'm inspired because I do for my paying gigs...but the writing that I enjoy doing, my meaningful writing, comes from an event, a persona, a feeling, something from my life that has depth.

Perfect billybuc! Your hubs are also interesting and inspiring.smile

6. amazingkym profile image59
    amazingkymposted 11 years ago

I am inspired to whenever I feel extremely happy and extremely sad. When  in between, I have a hard time arranging the thoughts.sad

I believe when all of us are in between, we have a hard time arranging our thoughts. You are not alone. smile

7. ArtzGirl profile image73
    ArtzGirlposted 11 years ago

It depends on what moves me at the time.  If I'm going to take the time to seriously research a topic and pull up additional links and videos, then normally, it is a subject that gets under my skin.  Some type of human or animal rights violation.  A topic that I feel the national news stations are abandoning or doing an incredibly lame job at reporting.  A topic that demands a "voice" and needs expression.

ArtzGirl: How wonderful that is great inspiration! smile

8. ytsenoh profile image60
    ytsenohposted 11 years ago

I'm reading WD's response and laughing.  I'm also right-brained with heightened this, that and the other, and hold words in all my pockets, but cannot, not, not, write fiction.  Life and the behavior of everything and everyone around me are inspirational tools that affect the weight of my pockets with all those words which ultimately come pouring out.  My pocket of stars.

How beautiful ytsenoh! smile

9. taw2012 profile image59
    taw2012posted 11 years ago

A happy mind, a loving atmosphere, a good pen etc. and of course from the success stories of writers.

Your voice sounds like you are a very happy person. That's an inspiration with itself. smile

10. Vellur profile image95
    Vellurposted 11 years ago

My inspiration is Nature,

Wherever I am,
    Whatever I do,
    I think about Nature,
    The words come pouring,
    Through,
    Imagining a waterfall,
    Gushing down a hill,
    Or a deep lake,
    Standing very still,
    The birds soaring up in the sky,
    All the fliting butterflies,
    The sun and the rain,
    The wind in the willows,
    The crashing sea waves,
    The echoes of the sea shells,
    Whistling with the wind,
    The rainbow up in the bright blue sky,
    All the colors within,
    Mighty mountains tall,
    Snow, Glaciers, free fall,
    The white thundering noises,
    That echo with my voices,
    Of thoughts to write,
    Words to pen,
    All comes from Nature,
    My inspiration,
    Truly within,
    Myself.

The poem is beautiful! What an inspiration and if you have not already published a an article about it, you should. I love the beach and when I can sit on the sand that is my inspiration too. smile

2. Vellur profile image95
      Vellurposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you AEvansfor your appreciation, you made my day. I have not yet published it.

11. profile image0
    Dr Cilposted 11 years ago

What inspires me to write is my surroundings, my family, my life.  Sometimes I could be just riding down the highway and a phrase or idea comes to mind and I just jot it down.  Being alive itself is an inspiration to write about the goodness of our heavenly father, who holds all matters of life in his hands.  Bless!

Beautiful! Carrying a notebook and jotting words down is a blessing. Your inspiration comes from your surroundings and what God puts on your heart.smile

12. Wesley Meacham profile image60
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

About half of the things that I've written so far for hubpages are things that I had to write anyway. For example I've written about four lesson plan activities for teaching English as a second language. The only reason that I wrote these down is because I needed a lesson plan for a certain topic and couldn't find it somewhere else. These plans became hubs partly because I already had them and partly because I look at it as giving back (since I use a lot of other people's stuff I figure maybe some of them can find and use mine).

Everything else is stuff that I'm interested in. I saw a guy preparing my coffee in a way that I'd never seen before and the next day I wrote a hub about it. I live in the middle of China at the moment so I wrote a hub about that. I have some theories about online education and the importance of going to school, boom two hubs. I walked around looking like an Amish freak for about five months with the longest beard I've ever had, hey lets see if anyone cares to read about this.

I don't really know what I'm doing here. I'm just writing stuff hoping that some of it might be good. The things I write about are the things that I see or do on a daily bases.

Be blessed if you are Amish they are one of the most forgiving people with the biggest hearts. You are here to share what inspires you and from what I see you have so much inspiration all around you. smile

13. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 11 years ago

life, pain, joy, fear, heart ache----all seem to need a place to spill out and into the Universe.

That is so true and to give it a voice makes it so amazing. smile

14. The Bard profile image67
    The Bardposted 11 years ago

You recently wrote a hub about 10 places to see before you die. You wrote that from your imagination. We can all be inspired from imagination. The mind is our oyster as well as the world. Some people don't travel much but they can gain inspiration from walking down a street, reading a newspaper, watching a bird on the wing, seeing a cloud formation, looking at the night sky or walking down a shoddy road.

I get inspired by personal experiences. I travel, I observe. But I don't wear them on my sleeve, I savour them, nurture them and eventually embrace them. Inspiration is not a sudden event, it is collective, stored, and categorised awaiting maturity, like a grape, or an olive ready for fermentation.

It could be argued that you fuel inspiration. Indeed, I was inspired to reply to your question.

You have an amazing response and coming from you is an honor. I am inspired by so many things. My life experiences, happenings or even a dress or a walk on the beach. I am so happy to be inspired and creative. You are right the World is our oyster!

15. Thememorybookshop profile image41
    Thememorybookshopposted 11 years ago

Inspiration Comes from our heart, actually we Inspire from every living and non living things Like i.e. flowers, Table, My uncle etc so its , i always decide to write on those things who have a meaning in my life and others too. why shouldn't my topic will be on a ant, or a hen. everyone is important in our life we should keep our eyes open.

We should always keep our eyes open because a person never knows when that inspiration will come. smile

16. dagny roth profile image70
    dagny rothposted 11 years ago

I generally write about topics I am interested in researching.  I also pull from my life experiences.  If those aren't peaking my interest, I simply write something I find funny or try and give voice to a message I think needs to be spoken.

Very nice, giving our work a voice is amazing.smile

17. The Frog Prince profile image72
    The Frog Princeposted 11 years ago

It comes from my gut actually.  I will be reading my list and something will catch my eye.  I'll research further and then here it comes.

That is the way to do it. Sometimes our best pieces come from deep within ourselves. smile

18. Trainerwade profile image60
    Trainerwadeposted 11 years ago

Mostly, I am answering questions that people ask me regularly. It occurs to me that many people want to know what I have learned and so I wish to share. I find it very rewarding when I am told that my words have helped.

Words of assistance by questions asked, is Golden. I am so glad you enjoy sharing with all of us and the World. smile

19. Teylina profile image60
    Teylinaposted 11 years ago

Can't really use the word 'inspiration,'  'cause something or someone just flits through my brain and I write. Everything I write is too long, and some times, boring, because I just don't straighten out what I've already written! - I almost always have too much and don't or can't figure out a place to start cutting! No good at self-editing.

1. Trainerwade profile image60
      Trainerwadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Write the first copy with your heart and the second copy with your head. I forget where I heard that. Maybe "Finding Forrester". Good movie.

20. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 11 years ago

From whatever inspires me, motivates me, or gives me a new way to look at a situation. Ideas seem to come from daily living for me. The problem I run into is finding the time to write about them all.

21. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 11 years ago

The best advice I've ever received as a writer is to write 500 words a day (or more if the you can).  Keep a journal or diary and resist doing  this on a keyboard or any other of the one million electronic contraptions out there.  Cursive is best.  Do this every day for three months and you'll do it for life.  Do this everyday and inspiration will be forever your close companion rather than a distant friend who visits you occasionally.

22. daydreamer13 profile image61
    daydreamer13posted 11 years ago

I'm not really sure where it comes from. It just hits and I have to write. Maybe everything is inspiration.

I believe everything can be inspiration. I got it in church today. Its great when we are gifted with the gift of gab on paper. smile

23. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

I just wrote a Hub today and I think it was music that did it, I had been through a two week block that was driving me nuts!

24. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image80
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 11 years ago

Life is inspiration for any writer. And everything in life and about life are fodder for the pen. Divorce? Fodder. Accident? Fodder. Marriage? Fodder. Adoption? Fodder.

So nothing bad can ever happen to a true writing soul, because it's all inspiring fodder!!

25. musicma88 profile image60
    musicma88posted 11 years ago

What an awesome question AEvans ! I see you posed it four weeks ago so I hope it isn't closed now.  I am inspired to write by what ever seems to create a harmony with  whatever my soul is searching for at that place and time. This could be an imagined soul mate that I am desiring, a message which has impacted me in a certain way and has stirred a hunger within me for others to experience that same, or even better their own personal impact from that message, even a setting in nature will inspire me, for example sitting at my Lake seems to inspire me to write, just being amazed at the miracle of creation will trigger the inspiration which may be napping inside of me. These days I am strongly inspired to write by my own deep personal struggles, and the journey of overcoming and becoming!!! Becoming that authentic, whole, healed, and free person on the other side of the struggle who is now living daily in the proverbial light at the end of the struggle,(tunnel). By the way you, AEvans, have recently inspired me to write and for this I am most grateful!!!

26. renee21 profile image77
    renee21posted 6 years ago

I mostly get my inspiration from my family and personal experiences.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)