200 views on the second day of joining HubPages. How to know if it was a fluke o

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (37 posts)
  1. p10kabhijita profile image43
    p10kabhijitaposted 11 years ago

200 views on the second day of joining HubPages. How to know if it was a fluke or not smile ?

2. katyzzz profile image60
    katyzzzposted 11 years ago

I'd say it was no fluke, good on you, you've obviously left me for dead

p10kabhijitaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

haha smile thanks for the encouragement

3. NotPC profile image58
    NotPCposted 11 years ago

When you first start setting up your hubpages, your views are inflated because they include the amount of times you have personnally viewed the pages. At the beginning most hubbers check out there hubs quite often to edit and perfect them. Congrats on joining hubpages!

Thank you for the warm welcome.. I need to give it more time then.. Hope I can nail it like you did with your articles (*wink wink*) smile

4. Victoria Stephens profile image74
    Victoria Stephensposted 11 years ago

Hi p10kabhijita,

You will find that other writers here on hubpages are very keen to check out all the newbies, their profiles and their articles, so you can always expect quite a large amount of hubpages visitors to your articles when you first publish them, after a few days this will calm down and you will hopefully still see some traffic from search engines..

Go to your account, then to traffic sources and this should give you a good idea of where all your visitors are actually coming from.x

Hey Victoria, I have never seen a community so friendly. This feels like a family. Each person getting something from someone.Thanks for the tip, it will help me churn - out suitable content in future.Hope corporate life gives me enough time to hub

2. Laura Schneider profile image85
      Laura Schneiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

p10kabhijita (wow that's a mouthful to type)--

I'd just bask in the glory of the high number of hits while writing additional "bestsellers". :-) As you noticed, we're a friendly community so please don't hesitate to ask questions. Welcome! --Laura

5. LauraGT profile image85
    LauraGTposted 11 years ago

Congrats!  That's great.  I agree with the others, that views are inflated in the beginning. I would look at your "Traffic Sources" to see if most are from hubpages or  other sources. If a lot are from non-hubpages sources then some of the bump is a sign that you have great SEO.  Still, a hit is a hit.  Congrats!

Thanks for the tip Laura, that's very kind of you. I will check the traffic sources for a better idea on the same smile

6. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

Tips on understanding hubpages traffic, and how to improve your hubs overall performance on the web as a whole. This hub also goes into great detail as to how hubbers can better their hubs chances at attracting more viewers who simply enjoy sharing hubs worth promoting. read more

7. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

New hubs are put into the Hub Hopper, and this can generate views as well as extra traffic from people sharing your hub.  You're off to a great start!  Welcome to the site, and keep publishing - you're on a roll!

Oh I see..didn't know about the Hub Hopper. Thanks a ton Marcy for the encouragement. Will surely try and publish a Hub whenever I get free from work.

8. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 11 years ago

Hello p10kabhijita,

You want to be careful with this as HubPages also counts your own clicks in your profile. So if you edit your hubs and go in an out to check them this will count, too. For a true picture you can either use the stats button at the top of your hubs (go to account/click onhub/non-edit mode) or Google Analytics (go to account/earnings/google analytics/follow the steps).

Your 'Team Leader'

I see..Thanks Team Leader .. will check the stats button. Very kind of you to reply.

9. WD Curry 111 profile image57
    WD Curry 111posted 11 years ago

Well, let's just take a look at your first three hubs. You revealed a magic trick (shame on you), you led the way to forgiveness, and you talked us into sky diving. I would say there is a fluke . . . talent like yours.

haha smile I have many more tricks under my belly smile as long as the reader finds something useful I will be a happy man smile

10. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 11 years ago

That is impressive alright. Enjpoy it and write more, read a lot of Hubs as well.

Thanks for the appreciation sir, will surely be a keen reader and churn - out hubs which I am passionate about

11. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

It will go up and down. Try not to get too hung-up on it.

Sure, as long as I can be useful to someone and get to read good hubs from fellow Hubbers it will be a nice experience here I am sure.

I think it's fun and kinda mysterious watching the various numbers change. Kind of like gambling but without any risk of losing money. Articles will go from the top to the bottom of the list--or the reverse--in just a few days... Curious. Enjoy!

3. p10kabhijita profile image43

You won't believe I am so hooked on to it. It's such a fun game smile

12. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years ago

Just wait.  Time will tell if this was a fluke or not.  Don't know what your topic was, but maybe you accidentally hit the WIN button right out of the starting gate.  Congrats!!

haha.. this will definitely dip ..but hope the streak continues for a while :)Thanks smile

13. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

If you have written something that really capture the interest of readers, no doubt, you can get this number of viewers on your second day. I would say keep on doing whatever you are doing, because it seems to be working. Congrats!

Sure, thanks a ton for you kind appreciation. I will try my best to write as much as possible smile

14. graceomalley profile image82
    graceomalleyposted 11 years ago

Perhaps someone with alot of followers tweeted, shared or pinned one of your hubs. I'm not sure how to check if that is what happened, but occasionally i get big spikes, and i think that is the reason in at least some cases.

The traffic source is limited to HubPages. I guess my interest topics resonated with some of the other Hubbers. Hope I get traffic from outside HP also smile

15. profile image57
    wbapartnerposted 11 years ago

Link your hubpages account with google analytics and find out the traffic sources and if possible, do more of it.

Sure, thanks ...I will remember your tip smile

DEFINITELY link with google analytics--that's a main way you get paid!!

3. p10kabhijita profile image43

you mean google adsense is it? isn't google analytics just a reporting page?

4. CloudExplorer profile image76
      CloudExplorerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I done that too a while back and it definitely works, but Google analytics actually tracks less visits somehow then other tools I've used to track web stats, and not sure why they do such a thing.

16. vinner profile image72
    vinnerposted 11 years ago

wow you are lucky, all the best. Looking forward for your hubs

17. profile image0
    sandoniaposted 11 years ago

I also had an initial spike in traffic, but not quite as dramatic as your own. It has leveled off. I'm getting a small amount of traffic, but it seems to be slowly and steadily climbing. That's pretty much what I expected.

I see.. that's good news..as long as a few good people find your articles useful it is good. All the best to you too smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)