When you read Hubs,do you comment or just move on?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (19 posts)
  1. HLKeeley profile image79
    HLKeeleyposted 11 years ago

When you read Hubs,do you comment or just move on?

What type of Hubs make you stop and comment?

2. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 11 years ago

I normally like to leave a comment and feedback on a Hub that just fits my interests or brings new information to me that I never knew about. Some hubs about religion, or some poems, or maybe hubs on how to make something I could care less about I just skip over. Also, any ones that don't fit my views on a particular thing and doesn't really promote a comment correcting/sharing my views on it I try to just move on.

~thranax~

3. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

I like to leave a comment on whatever i read here.
    But sometimes due to time constraint i leave without commenting depending on the subject at hand.

4. LaThing profile image60
    LaThingposted 11 years ago

I try to leave comments on any hubs I read.... Just to let the writer know what I think of his/her hub, but I have, in the past, left few hubs without commenting! I only read the ones that interest me, and that could be anything that caught my eyes.....

5. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 11 years ago

I like to leave a comment especially if I enjoyed the hub, been to a place or want to go or have something interesting to say on the subject whatever it may be ..

6. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

I normally leave a comment to let the Hubber know that I am reading and support him/her.

7. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

To those I follow I try to leave meaningful comments and suggestions on a regular basis, every time they create a new hub if I can. Sometimes I surf around - different topics - and those hubs that interest me I'll leave a comment, again something meaty if possible and not just a thank you and goodbye.
    If the hub really gets my attention I'll have a look at the profile to see if I want to follow.
    My main interests are in poetry,drama,travel,sport,teaching and nature. Good writing holds my interest. I admire great images too.

8. Vinaya Ghimire profile image79
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 11 years ago

I comment on all the hubs I enjoy reading. I don't comment on the hubs that I don't like because I don't want to be harsh with comments.

1. HLKeeley profile image79
      HLKeeleyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Commenting helps improve writing. I would take constructive criticism over lies or lack of truth. Most people on here are understanding. Besides, what is the worse that will happen for being harsh? smile

9. Nikki Major profile image65
    Nikki Majorposted 11 years ago

I try to find the good in every hub i read and leave meaningful comments. I love to encourage people. Life would be boring without us.

1. Taleb80 profile image80
      Taleb80posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wise words.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great answer!!

10. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I comment on hubs that interest me or I enjoyed. I do not comment on hubs that I do not agree with or am furious by.

11. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 11 years ago

If it's a hub that I'm interested in then I'll comment but if it's something about computer programs or cars then I honestly won't bother to even read it just because it doesn't interest me and I'd probably get completely lost trying to figure out what they're talking about. I know there's many other people who would appreciate hubs like that though.

12. dmhenderson profile image61
    dmhendersonposted 11 years ago

Sometimes I comment and sometimes I just move on. My only guiding principle is that I will not comment on a hub unless I read it all the way through at least once. This means that my comments are virtually always positive since I find it nearly impossible to finish a hub I don't like (for whatever reason).

13. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

I look for those stellar Hubs, and it does not matter whether or not I am following the Hub author.  I am generous with praise when I find a Hub that I enjoy reading, and I tell the author why.  I have no time to wade through Hubs that are riddled with errors.  I give no time to these, so I move on.

14. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, If someone reads a hub I think it to be proper etiquette to comment.

15. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I sometimes leave a comment, sometimes not. It doesn't mean I don't like the hub if I don't, it just means I didn't have anything to say. Sometimes I'll vote up and interesting or whatever, that's just as good as a generic comment. If I read a great hub with tons of comments, I usually won't leave a comment unless I have something really new to add. By the pageviews I know plenty of people read my hubs without commenting. I don't assume that means they dislike my hubs, I certainly hope not.

16. Taleb80 profile image80
    Taleb80posted 11 years ago

Mostly, I leave a comment for every hub I read, and that for main two reasons.
    1- If it is a professional hub, I should appreciate.
    2- If it is a normal hub, I should encourage the beginners.

Mostly everyone, who writes, tries to do his best.

Feel free to read my hub "4 things we can do to support the beginners & why we should?"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)