Which games are you getting this Fall?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Rrisen profile image68
    Rrisenposted 11 years ago

Which games are you getting this Fall?

Tons of releases:
    Darksiders II
    Sleeping Dogs
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Dark Souls (PC)
    Guild Wars 2
    Ratchet & Clank Collection
    Madden NFL 13
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    NHL 13
    Borderlands 2
    Dead or Alive 5
    Resident Evil 6
    NBA 2K13
    Pokémon Black & White 2
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Dishonored
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal
    Forza Horizon
    Assassin's Creed III
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Halo 4
    Black Ops 2
    Disney's Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    Hitman: Absolution
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    Far Cry 3

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6921199_f260.jpg

2. JBrumett profile image61
    JBrumettposted 11 years ago

The only one I'm currently set on trying out is the MMO WildStar.  As far as single players go, I usually wait a few months to pick something up after price-drops, or when places like steam has a 24 hour 75% off sale.  I may try out Neverwinter too, but I don't like Perfect World, which happens to be the ones who own rights to that DnD game.  We'll see though.

3. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 11 years ago

We are a multi-format household. My youngest son plays on the Wii and is a 3DS addict. My eldest goes on Xbox and I like the PS3. I am thinking Far cry 3, superMario Bros 2 Resident Evil 6 and Black Ops will be essential purchases as well as the much anticipated Halo 4, of course.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image85
    M. T. Dremerposted 11 years ago

Even though WoW is crazy old now, I'm still looking forward to Mists of Pandaria. The updates they are introducing aren't all that interesting, but I just miss the game. Guild Wars 2 looks interesting and I plan to check that one out. I want to get the next new super mario bros, the one that lets you play as your Mii characters, but I'm not overly eager to get a Wii U. In fact, that whole console turns me off.

5. Lolthian Dragon profile image59
    Lolthian Dragonposted 11 years ago

Totally waiting for Mists of Pandria to come out for WOW. I will probably also get New Super Mario Bros. 2.

6. profile image0
    MistHavenposted 11 years ago

Not much on my radar. The next game I'm getting is The Last Story for Wii. Nothing else really peaks my interest

7. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 11 years ago

Kinda lost interest in console gaming now, so I'm just looking at MoP for WoW. I'll be glad to critique Borderlands 2, Dead or Alive 5, Resident Evil 6, Medal of Honour and such....

So in all, I can't wait to give all these new games terrible reception!

1. profile image0
      MistHavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

8. luisj305 profile image73
    luisj305posted 11 years ago

I usually buy a game only after I have tried it out, for sure the new black ops, but I will have to read some reviews and / or rent a few other games before making a purchase.
    I just cant stand spending $50 on a game that I end up hating when I thought I would love it.

9. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

Most likely we'll be getting Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2, Counter-Strike and possibly Far Cry.  Black Ops 2 is on the back burner, although I'll eventually get it simply because I have the first one. (I hate not having the complete collection lol)

10. Johnrr631992 profile image84
    Johnrr631992posted 11 years ago

Black ops 2, and Halo 4 I will be at the midnight release of, and hopefully popping out hubs later tat night for each game, but who knows.. But excited for many games, but mainly Black Ops 2, and Halo 4

11. harliquinn profile image68
    harliquinnposted 11 years ago

For handheld, I'm pretty much pumped for the 3DS re-release of Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon: Black and White 2 coming out for the DS. I love Kingdom Hearts and I was really impressed with Pokemon: Black and White. I felt like they brought back the regular pokemon feel and finally got away from that stupid robotic look.

For console, I'm not looking forward to too much so far. I'm excited for Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3, and Resident Evil 6. Leon is my favorite Resident Evil character and I'm pumped he's back. I also love that for Darksiders 2, you're Death instead of War. Borderlands was great so 2, I have high hopes for. And Assassins Creed is a little repetitive, but its always fun.

I'm sort of excited for PlayStation All-Stars but I'm worried it just won't live up to Super Smash Brothers. Still, I'll probably at least try it out because I support PlayStation.

12. MichaelJohnMele profile image61
    MichaelJohnMeleposted 11 years ago

Darksiders 2, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and of course Borderlands 2...nuff said. Please don't kill me for saying this, but I personally think Halo is very overrated...especially the multiplayer.

1. JohnGreasyGamer profile image77
      JohnGreasyGamerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kill you? Those comments get voted up sunshine!

2. MichaelJohnMele profile image61
      MichaelJohnMeleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Whew...thanks @JohnGreasyGamer...I thought I was going to be killed dead for sure.

3. harliquinn profile image68
      harliquinnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I mean I get that Halo's fun, but its really not THE BEST GAME EVER. It gets attention because of its name and people jump at it.

4. MichaelJohnMele profile image61

@harliquinn I couldn't have said it better myself.

5. Rrisen profile image68
      Rrisenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

While I can't say for all games, as far as Online First Person Shooters are concerned, I would strongly argue the original Halo trilogy is king of the 6th-7th generation.

6. MichaelJohnMele profile image61

@Rrisen my first foray into the world of Halo was ODST, followed by Reach, not bad games in themselves...but nothing to write home about either. Maybe I should try the earlier titles and my opinion may change.

7. Rrisen profile image68

@MicahelJohnMele- Yea, it's all about CE,2,3 multiplayer. Flawless, balanced, addictive gameplay. Halo revolutionized the genre, popularizing the Shield/Health Regeneration system, the two weapon system, 1-button melee attacks, and 1-button grenades.

8. MichaelJohnMele profile image61

@Rrisen  is the multiplayer still up for the earlier Halo games...and if so do people still play?

9. Rrisen profile image68

Halo CE isn't on XbL- Local/LAN only. Last time I played H2 was a few years ago and I was still finding matches in the basic playlists. Halo 3 has around 10,000 players at any given time. If you have ODST, you should have the multiplayer disc for H3.

13. profile image50
    osama1510posted 11 years ago

Here is a link to my hub, which is a list of my favorite games this fall.
    http://hub.me/aemhA

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)