What type of breakfast do you normally eat?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Leroyworld profile image59
    Leroyworldposted 11 years ago

What type of breakfast do you normally eat?

Do you prefer sweet or savory?  Is your breakfast heavy or light?  Do you make breakfast or buy it on the run?

2. houseofjcjee profile image67
    houseofjcjeeposted 11 years ago

I prefer heavy, sweet breakfast prepared in my kitchen. I usually prepare a healthy breakfast that includes eggs, fruits, milk, and whole wheat bread. If we are in a hurry, a peanut butter sandwich and banana or pancakes with sliced fruits and fresh fruit juice or milk will suffice.

Leroyworldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.  Your breakfast appears to be very balanced between proteins, fruit and carbs.  Your profile indicates you are from the Philippines.

2. houseofjcjee profile image67
      houseofjcjeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am from the Philippines.

3. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

It varies. I have a young house guest at present, and the request this morning was for bacon, scrambled eggs and toast, so that's what we had. My most frequent breakfast for myself alone consists simply of rolled oats with dried fruit and herb, some fresh yoghurt, and a glass of V8 Juice.

Your normal breakfast seems relatively easy to prepare, and sounds really good.

4. dghbrh profile image81
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

We do prefer to have varied breakfast depending on time.
    For son(11year) who leaves for school early its cereal with milk and banana with a cup of Borunvita/horlics etc. I pack a heavy lunchbox for him.
    For me and hubby on weekdays, its roti and sabji with chutney, cucumber slices and tea or juice with a banana.For hubby I also add egg (in different style) but I don eat eggs.
    For hurried breakfast I prefer oats with banana and a glass of juice.

I am not familiar with some of the food you mentioned.  I will have to look up roti and sagji.  Oats seem to be a popular choice worldwide.

2. dghbrh profile image81
      dghbrhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am from India ...the things I mentioned is Indian variety of Food.
      Good Morning and have a good day ahead.
      Thanks.

5. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

I live alone, I have leftovers such as pizza or type of meat.

I used to eat pizza and orange juice for breakfast.   I still do occasionally, but I try not to make a habit of it.

6. Cristale profile image83
    Cristaleposted 11 years ago

Cereal, toast with butter and jam, and some sliced fruit on the side. I also have a tall glass of orange juice to drink. Some times I do eat out for breakfast, on my "splurge" days.

What breakfast foods do you like to splurge on?

2. Cristale profile image83
      Cristaleposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A steak and egg bagel, or maybe even donuts, with coffee.

7. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 11 years ago

Admittedly I very rarely eat breakfast- usually just coffee.
    But when I do, it's usually a big one- like grits & gravy, eggs, & homemade hashbrowns.

8. cactusbythesea profile image78
    cactusbytheseaposted 11 years ago

Cereal of any variety, though I usually avoid the really sugary types.  I tend to stick to one for a couple of weeks, then switch to another.

9. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

On a weekday I have two slices of wholemeal toast, one with Marmite on(a savoury spread peculiar to the UK), the other with honey or marmalade. I wash this down with three or four cups of strong tea, milk no sugar.

If the bread runs out I have a triple cereal - a layer of rice crispies, a layer of cornflakes and a layer of oaty stuff, covered with yoghurt and a few raisins.

10. Janellegems profile image60
    Janellegemsposted 11 years ago

I usually make breakfast unless I am out of town.  A few days I would have scrambled eggs and toast, others days it would either be waffles or cream of wheat, cereal and milk and bagels.  I am a tea person.  So I have my breakfast with a black tea and milk or an english breakfast tea.

11. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

Here in Brazil breakfast is usually a piece of fruit (like papaya) or a continental breakfast (bread and butter).

12. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Two pieces of whole grain toast with peanut butter.  Now I'm dieting so it is just one piece.  I choose this because it is a breakfast that will last me well past noon.

If I eat sweet for breakfast, I am tried and hungry all day long.

13. MargaritaEden profile image68
    MargaritaEdenposted 11 years ago

Smoothie with berries, fruits, kefir or yogurt and orange juice.

14. billd01603 profile image79
    billd01603posted 11 years ago

Usually just cereal, milk and coffee and fruit. I try to eat real healthy for breakfast because I usually don't eat well during the day

15. profile image0
    LikaMarieposted 11 years ago

Usually a glass of cranberry juice, an onion or whole wheat bagel with some cream cheese or peanut butter, and occasionally a hard boiled egg.  On special occasions, I like to have steak and eggs with hash browns.  And please don't forget the strong coffee, or black tea.

16. miss1magination profile image66
    miss1maginationposted 11 years ago

I always make my own breakfast, I usually start with x 2 slices of toast (wholegrain) sometimes spread on avocado instead of margarine and 1 big egg
    ( not fried use a microwave container which steams) and a glass of low fat milk also if that isn't enough I'll have a banana. This is such an affordable, healthy low fat brekky. I dont eat sugary cereals like the ones you can buy pre packed in the supermarket they aren't good for your health and are expensive.

17. Minn.purplerose profile image59
    Minn.purpleroseposted 11 years ago

It's oatmeal with blueberries on top (instead of sugar) and milk for me most days.  Once in a while I enjoy a stack of pancakes and omelet.

18. joanwz profile image80
    joanwzposted 11 years ago

I have several favorite breakfasts, which I switch out for variety:
    1. Cereal (granola with dates and raisins, Special K vanilla with almonds, or Kashi go lean) with fruit and a glass of milk with a little ovaltine.

2. 2 Breakfast tacos with eggs, corn tortillas, onions and peppers, picante sauce and either juice or fruit on the side.

3. Whole grain English muffins with peanut butter and either juice or fruit.

4. Bagel and light cream cheese, with fruit or juice.

5. Eggs over easy (cooked with pam in nonstick pan), whole grain toast, and fruit or juice.

6. Lean sausage patties, whole wheat biscuits, furit or juice.

19. vespawoolf profile image93
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

We drink a smoothie made with fresh fruit and oatmeal every day. Once a week we enjoy pancakes, a spinach bacon souffle, bagels or scones as a special treat.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)