Do you ever wish you were God? And if yes what would you do differently?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

Do you ever wish you were God? And if yes what would you do differently?

I think that some people pretend to be humble, but deep down they do wish they were the all powerful creator. Ok I want to see who is brave enough to admit that they wish they were God and I would like to know what they would do with all that power.

2. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Who has enough wisdom to be God? Only God.

I agree with @diyomarpandan that people (perhaps even all people) aspire to the divine, but I disagree with his assessment that this is why they're never satisfied.

The lack of satisfaction is based on attachment and ego and that is the opposite of the divine.

One can only achieve the divine through humility -- giving up the ego self. Those who hunger for power will never have it; those who give up all claim to power will have it.

One can have power like that held by God, but only if they give up their attachments to this physical realm.

I disagree with Ms. @Saved by Jesus. It's not blasphemy to talk about it. We should be free to talk about these issues and to look at them and to see what truly is evil. Hungering to be God or to have His power is evil. That's ego speaking.

But the faith to do miracles is as easy as deciding. With humility under God, it becomes easy to move mountains. I've moved a few of my own in that state of grace. The most important thing is to help your fellow children of God awaken. But that doesn't take power. That takes patience, love, generosity, real (and utter) humility, responsibility and faith.

It's God's universe. And that's something worth celebrating.

Darrell Robertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Lone77star.  I appreciate all that you have said in your answer.

3. tussin profile image56
    tussinposted 11 years ago

I would bring back dinosaurs.  Dinosaurs rule!

That is great! Lol

4. wonderwriter11 profile image62
    wonderwriter11posted 11 years ago

Why would I desire to be a supreme being that has turned their back on it's creations? If I were God I would have had the scribes of the bible write it slightly more convincingly.

5. OneFineG467 profile image59
    OneFineG467posted 11 years ago

I don't wish to be God forever just for a week will be sufficent enough to get my wishesh done ...As a God i want the earth size to be big as jupiter...no asteriod impact, no solar flares , no disease, everyones die peacfully in their sleep, no global warming and no natural disaster of any kind, no violence, no  war . no crime, humans and nature live in peace without disturbing each other....people mind to do crimes and other injustice should be erased...no poor people eveyone have a decent life...all sort of means that contributes to pollution should disappear...i think i have covered everthing from natural disaster, health, poverty, justice, war and pollution with bonus of more space in our world.

6. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

World PEACE

Make everyone equal without greed, fear or jealousy.

We should be working as one towards one goal or objective.

I really hope that day will come as we live as ONE.

7. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Ok, I'm going to go the route of God is real here for a moment. If I could be a God I would do everything different. I wouldn't allow children to be abused at the hands of grown adults and then blame "Free Will", I wouldn't cause mass murders, earthquakes, or hurricanes to happen. I would protect my creations like I truly loved them. I would not expect people to worship me and treat me as if I am an all powerful being if I was not going to be just that, ALL powerful. I would not pick and choose when to save people. I would love all people the same. I would not set forth rules that were unreasonable. I wouldn't cast everyone to hell who didn't fully agree with me. I would respect the creations ability to think for themselves. My list could go for hours. I don't think I would do anything ike it is being done. I wish it were possible for a God to truly exist, to care for his children, and to protect all the creatures of the planet. Sadly that is a wasted wish.

Thank you. I use to feel the same way until I learned more about the laws of Karma.  What we see is only a very small fragment of eternal time.  We have been through different l ives and it is our overall Karma that put us in the situation.

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I respect you having your own opinion however even Karma shouldn't effect the children of the world. There is no rational reason children(actual not "God's") should suffer!

3. CriticalMessage profile image67
      CriticalMessageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen peeples !

8. securityproducts3 profile image40
    securityproducts3posted 11 years ago

No, The only thing I know for sure is that I know nothing at all compared to God. People who argue that they would make world peace, and never cause pain don't realize that God does everything with a purpose. Would we know what pleasure was, if we could not compare it to pain? If we didn't have winter, how would we appreciate what summer feels like? If we didn't experience death, then how would we ever be able to comprehend what eternity feels like?

9. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 11 years ago

I know about some folks who wanted to be like God. They were called Lucifer, Ahriman, Loki, Seth, Adam, etc. They ended up either killed or exiled. Obviously, God doesn't take to kindly to such aspirations. wink

10. SidKemp profile image86
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

When I was eight years old, I began to image that I discovered I was God, only I had gone into the world to see what it was like, and I had forgotten who I was. I found my way back to an automated control room I'd left in charge, and then I immediately began to fix things - eliminating hunger, poverty, war, and disease.

Over 40 years later, this vision has matured to a deep humility. I believe that there is a loving both Universal and Personal God. That He/She allows such suffering and inhumanity in the world as we see continues to be a challenge for me. But I surrender to a greater Wisdom than my own. I begin to see that the Divine Creator has already worked to solve all of our problems - he sent us, and we are the solution. I get back to work, and I ask my brothers and sisters to join me in peace and caring for all.

11. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 11 years ago

Hmm, I am surprised that the answers were so earth bound.  I know I have thought about being God the all powerful creator.  I even had a plan of what I would do.  First there would been no needs, no pain, mo misery, life would be eternal and all beings would be happy.  You do not need pain to know what happiness is, you just need to be happy and bee happy about being happy. There would be no work, i would create desire trees ( I got that from my Hare Krsna Friends).  Everyone would have their desires fulfilled. 

I would create infinite galaxies, star systems, planets, moons etc and I would power them all by my omnipotence. I would also create so many different forms that you could not number them all. (oh and I would also bring back the dinosaurs just for Tussin). I would also make it so all forms could communicate with one another, because they would all be spiritual beings. I would do what ever I wanted that would be the bottom line.  That is the definition of God that I use God is able to do anything and everything. 

I will agree with Lone77star that I do not have the wisdom to be God, but man I would have a good time in my little fantasy world. smile

Man I am so far from being God, that is the real humbling fact of life. 
    Do not be afraid to dream, keep an open mind.  I am sure God is not worried about anyone of us taking over anything.

Thank you all for your answers.

Best wishes may you find peace and happiness. 

Playfully yours

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)