What would a truly omnipotent omnipresent omniscient god be like?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (323 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

After all the claims made by biblical religionists that the biblical god is all of the above, none of this god's actions seems to fit these lofty roles.

For example, the biblical god has to be worshiped, which hardly seems to be an omni-anything trait and not worthy of any leader of men.
    I decided a may try to write a hub that illuminates these very super-human abilities.
    I need some help from the creative minds here in seeing what actions such a powerful entity would or would not do, how it would work and where this would lead. Any ideas welcome.
    Thank you.

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many people in the world own a microbe farm cause thats how far apart we are from a all powerful creator.   Even we humans have sense enough to seek companionship with near equal species (dogs, cats).  So why would a god make something dear to him so far beneath him.    Doesn't make sense.

Now lots of people experiment with microbes so maybe thats what we are to the creator.  Some kick in the universal sand while he went on his way and never came back to check.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

size has nothing to do with it. Do we have to be 600 feet tall for God to think anything of us? Does our planet have to be the biggest in the cosmos? This size equals importance is a human idea. Humans think that bigger is better and size is important. The man with the biggest gun doesn't always win.
        Our size and our planets size is perfect for God to do his work
        hanging out has an excellent hub on this topic

earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to read that thread again. smile

2. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

promoting hanging out again - because you are hanging out

2. IntimatEvolution profile image67
        IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know the Gnostics believe humans are divine, and that God very much lives among us and around us everyday.  They have a Zeus like perception of God, while their perception of humans is closely related to the role of a Demigod.  I personally like this way of thinking.  It addresses the issues with the God idea that you bring up here.  Well I should say it does for me.

Hey Earnst, I love this question.  I think it is probably the best religious forum question to breech the HubPages mainframe in a long, long, long while.  Really great question!

Thanks IE, a know a little about the "knowers". Their beliefs terrified the catholics apparently who rounded them up and burnt them. smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
            IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who didn't the Catholics torch?  They must have love marshmellows! HA That puts a whole new meaning on "campfires."lol

I'm curious as to what your opinion of a truly omnipotent God would be like.  I'm running to fan- can't miss this one.  As you know, I'm pretty harsh about a few things- especially when us religious folk are ignorant to our own religion....., that gets my goat everytime- but I think soooooooo much can be learned from opposing views and alternative views.  I think it truly is the only way to bridge the gap of arrogance and misunderstanding, shared by every group when there is a lost of knowledge and understanding.  So I'm pretty curious to read what you have to write.

Thanks. smile

I am wondering what everybody else's opinion is on this, especially those who understand the breadth of the problems. It is already fun, and I have only finished one text capsule. smile

I am happy to take on any views that can stay within the parameters, or educate the discussion. smile

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would say your title is somewhat self explanatory. He could do whatever, whenever and however he chose. I suppose if he wanted to be in charge of things, he'd send just the right amount of rain on every square inch of arable soil so we could grow enough food to feed the world. He'd make all disease disappear. He'd be able to tap you on the shoulder and comment when you were less than up to par morally. He'd probably get to throw the first pitch at the world series, I would think. And, I suppose he could travel through time and rewrite history every time anyone decided they didn't think how it went down was fair, or wanted historical evidence that they had been persecuted, too. So much power. So little space to point out the possibilities.

Thanks JC, I agree, omni sorta means ALL powerful rather than a little bit powerful sometimes. smile
        Nice input.

2. profile image0

Yes but.
        We forget that humankind started out that way. In a garden, lovely and lush without disease, sickness or any of the sins that depricate society. Then adam and eve started to do their own thing and God had to kick them out of the garden (the reason why is irrelevant here this is a summary, so try to dis this using some other ammo) Then while adam and eve had babies their babies had babies who had babies and so on throughout the history of the earth until here we are, outside the garden, living in a world we created because God will not force us to follow him. Hanging out has a wonderful hub on the atheist says show yourself God. God living among us will not make us any happier unless he becomes our slave to our every whim. This is not love. Love is the epitome of all that God is. Now before you say, yah but he lets people die without knowing him so they can be saved. I have to say, does he really... If he knows each heart, he can approach each person as they need to be approached and perhaps some he will see hardened hearts that will simply not believe. We cannot judge what God should do we can only believe what He has done without criticism.

1. profile image0

No. We don't have to 'believe' anything. And as long as you fantasize and attempt to convince others that your fantasy is bigger and badder than the next guy's you will create problems. Your concept of god is appalling to me. The concept wasn't meant to be that way, but you don't seem to care.

2. profile image0

I'm a much better parent than god was.  My son makes mistakes & I don't torture him for eternity

1. profile image0

i thought you learned there is not torture for eternity.
            If new truths do not replace old wrong teachings you will never get beyond the place you are at. The reason you are so bitter is because you say you don't believe but then you post something like the above which is really a belief in the catholic teaching of hell. IF hell doesn't exist to you and there is no torture for eternity then embrace God and let him finish writing the book of your life. Some where down the road he will teach you truths because you very much know both what not to do and what not to believe in. And when God shows you there is no hell and torture forever you will be ever so happier.
            But to purport things that you don't believe in by stating the thing you don't believe shows you believe in it to the point of belief that it has stopped you in your tracks.

1. getitrite profile image71
              getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv238/chloudyt/ConfusedSmile.png  http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg28/TERRYANDTHEBOYS/question1qi2.gif

lol lol lol That is making a statement! very very funny!

3. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All-Praise belongs to the the Creator-God Allah YHWH; so He would do what does not have a blemish on His attributes.

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
        [1:2] All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds,

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=1

[2:270] He grants wisdom to whom He pleases, and whoever is granted wisdom has indeed been granted abundant good; and none would be reminded except those endowed with understanding.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=269

3. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The saying god works in mysterious ways is true, as humans are minds are to puny to understand such a supreme intelligence and its ways.
      Simple example we look ate death as something bad , its nothing for god a timeless being, with no beginning and no end.Man doesnt understand death something which happens to everyone.
      A intelligence which can make our planet spin and rotate with such accuracy is beyond the grasp of the human intellect . smile This is just  a tiny part of this cosmos ,controlling this entire cosmos , creating , destroying etc such a supreme entity is beyond human comprehension.

I don't find it beyond comprehension, I find it well beyond belief though! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These guys are so funny. On the one hand they say humans are too puny to understand - then in the next breath they try and explain it to you. Because they understand.

And they don't see how funny this is. lol

I do! lol

1. profile image0

because you asked.
              We cannot comprehend all about God but if you were to ask an gemologist about a diamond he would be best suited to give you an answer. Since there is so much to God and much false teachings about God i would say you get the best of everyones understanding. I truly admire people who believe there was a snake in the garden possessed by satan and they go on loving God.
              Having all the answers is not a qualification for being a good christian.
              We dont all study the same scriptures of the bible at the same time and do not have the same knowledge. Its like a puzzle that one person works on the upper left corner and another on the lower right corner.. someone is putting the edges together..... but in each life it is their own personal walk with jesus christ and should most importantly be satisfying to themselves.

1. profile image0

Since you seek to know these types of answers and are unqualified to know them yourselves i suggest you leave off with questions like this. Each person has tried to answer your question as honestly as they can if you cannot respect that then you cannot respect yourselves and your lack of respect leaves others not respecting you. Your loftiness is cast down by the actions of your own hubriety.

1. profile image0

So, is this to be taken as an open apology? Since you are responding to yourself? Consider it forgotten, if you follow this apology up with changed behavior. smile

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
                    Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

apology????????????? lol

my my, how you read into things explains a lot

2. mohitmisra profile image60

smile man doesn't even know how many species exist o this planet, our intelligence is very, very limited .

Well its beyond my comprehension, to start with I dont know how many planets are there forget putting them together with such precision.

"Mind blowing are the sounds, the colors you create,
          An artist can only try to imitate."

"If you can see the miracle in juts one flower your life will change drastically " Buddha

Religion is nonsense! smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

And what I wrote ? smile is it also nonsense?

Mohit, read what Paraglider has said above and you will see that things can be understood by man, where it gets tricky is when myth is introduced as truth. smile

There is not a chance in hell that the biblical psychopath is a god.
                The meaning of the words are lost on religionists who cannot, or choose not to understand what they mean. There is nothing all knowing or always present about the biblical god or the god of the quoran. The text in both contradicts the possibility. smile

You mean below? Paraglider is a very intelligent human and so are you as well as Mark. But you guys are trying to answer a question which relates to the whole of this cosmos and can only be really understood by the experience called enlightenment.

Its like you say you had an outer body experience , I believe you but dont you think there will be many who will say all crap, nonsense, not possible, not scientific? the experience of god is similar a very personal experience.The same way you can share your experience with me only by words I can do the same, i cannot give you tangible proof.

Paraglider is calling god the cosmos something I do all the time.There is no difference .

Also its common knowledge that these books have been re written over time with the only aim of propagating their own prophet.. God does not need to threaten you Jesus said "I tell you ye are all gods" this essence of the light which permeates everything permeates you as well, omnipresent.

How can your essence threaten you? God is your source your very being is the message of the prophets, he is not someone or something you have no connection to.

I was also an atheist an hated being threatened of consequences if I dont belive in Jesus or whatever. This teaching is wrong.

4. profile image0

will be curious to see what hub you come up with. 
      If god was all-knowing, then why create satan, hell, (which some don't believe in anymore), for a first mistake in the garden, for curses like sicknesses, for a human sacrifice to attempt to make it all right? 
      A god that has an ego so big that needs ego stoked reminds me of hitler

I agree with all of this. Omnipotent? I don't think so! smile

1. profile image0

so then how do prophecies occur? the telling of future events. Did you know the prophet isaiah mentions cyrus as a ruler who lets israel rebuild the temple, 150yrs before cyrus was even born? To deny the powerful supernaturality of the bible is just to turn a blind eye. Omnipotent.. i think so! smile

1. profile image0

so where is the prophesy of Enoch mentioned in Jude 1:14?

5. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May hap She would set into motion a string of events that would allow for creatures to develop and evolve physically and spiritually, be sure to make this a really really really long process because eternity is way longer then that by far! Take a nap, and wake up to see if any equals have evolved yet to go play cosmic golf with. If an unknown element is required to make all this actually stimulating then being totally hands off and making room for error and instead making lots of planets capable of life to see which one actually makes it would be method of operation smile

It must be soooo boring, being the only immortal beingwith a large intellect and what not smile

1. profile image0

ahhh the string of motion.
        We think of time and life as being linear.
        The hebrew did not think that way, they were in tune with nature that moves in cycles. Is it a surprise that the bible ends the same way as it started? With man living on earth in a paradise situation.

6. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Build-a-god? When you stop wasting your time on what man says of god, and what the truth really is, then give me a call. I got some leggos we could use.

lol lol lol
        OK, I'll call on you and the leggo if I need more help. smile Be hard to mess up more than the previous efforts I've seen.

7. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He would be Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent.  Plain and simple.

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Spittin' image.

2. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it is so Plain and Simple, then why don't you explain how somehting can be all of those things, yet contradicts all of these traits?  Just read your bible.  The God of the bible is not omnipotent, omniscient or omnipresent, but merely a poorly human concoction of a superspoiled brat.

How can one be omniscient and omnipotent, yet be jealous?  Please tell me what He would be jealous of, since nothing comes close to his abilities?

How can one be omniscient, yet give man free will, then become angry about the outcome, as if not KNOWING at all what the outcome would be?  It's dumbfounding!

actually, it's a surprise party. You're just a bah humbug kinda guy, aren't you? You're gonna spoil the darn surprise!

3. earnestshub profile image80

Show me how they apply to your god. smile

8. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look in the mirror. I have to go by what I saw during an NDE, no one can change my mind.

Pardon? smile Near death experience eh? So what did you see?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
          galleryofgraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A man in an startling white robe but a face I could not discern. It was a human body form. He did not speak I knew what was being said mentally.NDE was documented years ago by a world famous researcher, Atwater.

Yes I have read this along with the scientific information that debunks it.
            I can speak from personal experience when it comes to NDE, but mine is just one experience, and I would not consider that evidence of anything other than the chemical response to loss of brain oxygen. smile

The presence of an intelligent something was revealed to me. No joke. Not NDE. Whatever it was, had to know what I was THINKING. It was meant specifically for me. Not a UFO either. No explanation possible. And no, I won't go into it, simply because you would have to take my word for it, and it would do nothing to convince anyone else.

Your NDE had to know what you were thinking? Let me get this straight, an experience you had, within your mind was definately real because the experience, within your mind, knew what you were thinking?

Read it again dip. Said it was NOT an NDE. I was awake, walkin' down the street, mindin' my own business, when a series of events caused me to look up at the sky. I saw something there, and my life hasn't been the same since. This happened in nineteen eighty (1980)

2. earnestshub profile image80

Thanks canadawest that is a nice contribution, which I will include with acknowledgment if I write the hub. smile

1. profile image0

make sure you include all the replies you agree with and keep an open mind. I'd hate to have to read another hub that is one sided and full of biblical misrepresentations.

Anyone else care to contribute? smile

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would make that god just like me in every way, vicious, morally retarded, sexist, and you would have to kneel down to me regularly or I would rain on your birthday - and a little smelly in hot weather.

lol I dunno what I can do with that other than enjoy it. smile

4. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Earnest, this is a tough one, given the nature and saturation of general theology. But my take would be this:

a truly omnipotent omnipresent omniscient being would be everything the universe is, all inclusive. So, the objects within the universe would be expressions of that. Take light for example, it is highly omnipresent, also omnipotent and certainly omniscient, as it is information and carries information "to and fro" from one star to the next. The items between are effects or reflections of those character properties.

Of course, you know, my take on the ideology of gods and how, even though they are subjective humanism, are still bits of said  reflections.

...a tough hub to write, my friend, a tough hub indeed.

James.

It does look tough, which is why I thought to get some assistance.
      It would certainly not be limited to the surly, even psychotic responses in the OT.

Thank you for the input, as I said I will include useful responses and credit them accordingly.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Earnest.

On a side bar: one of the toughies in explaining such an entity would be to do so without the assistance of any text or preconceived notions --apart from pure thought. I would definitely be a subscriber to that hub.

James.

I had intended to develop this god by rolling out the meanings of the omni's in relation to actions and structures that would ensue.

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

In a word, bored.  Life if full of challenges of many types; it is often what makes life worth living.  An omnipotent God can have no challenges as everything is possible to him.  Personally, I love learning, but even that is denied to a creature that is everywhere, knows everything and can do anything.

An omniscient god can never be surprised and can never look forward to something as it has "already" happened in his memory.  Anticipation is a meaningless word to him.

Massive boredom.  Likely he will sit and contemplate his navel for eternity.  There is nothing else of interest, not even the antics of the sub-god creatures he created knowing full well everything they would ever do.

Thank you wilderness, an intelligent take on what it would be like for the god itself. smile

1. profile image0

challenges are not important to God. He started out giving us all and we lost it. So now he spends all his time bringing us back to him. He doesnt want a challenge he wants results without twisting peoples arms or smacking their knuckles every time they sinned. Love is what God wants and what is happening on this planet brings love to God.. i love God and so do many others. Love breeds relationship. How can we love if we are under law?

6. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

We've already got one Ernest.

Omniscient and omnipresent aren't traits of God that people generally argue about. They seem to be givens that all seem to accept as valid concepts for God.

From what I can tell from forumland, what appears to cause the most controversy is the omnipotent aspect. How does the world reconcile this with free will and choice; the screwed up nature of the world with all the suffering, despotic tyrants, natural disasters and car crash American TV?

Here's my view, take what you want, and throw the rest. God always wanted a partnership with man to transform His world. Adam is a gardener, later on thrown out of the family home to work the soil, and his descendants told to spread across the Earth. God wants to share his creation with man by sending him to populate the uninhabited places. God gives man the choice to follow or not to follow. Loves it when they do, is sad when they don't. Whatever man does in this world, man has to carry the responsibility of. God appears to normally have a non-interventionist policy, choosing to work through individuals in partnership when wanting to effect change.

God could just by some means forcibly make man do His bidding, but where's the fun in that? he'd rather have willing children than children under compulsion. His relationship with man is as a Father to child. I don't know if you have kids, but if you do, think of your relationship with them, your desires for them to live good upright successful independent lives, and then you'll see what God wants. Unfortunately Church is like the nanny state that tries to control your kids and tell you how to bring them up.

No. Nonsensical drivel like this is what causes the "controversy."

I prefer the word "conflict," myself. wink

I do have kids and grandkids, six of them in fact, but I don't treat them like this supposedly omnipotent god does. I have a much more sophisticated way of dealing with them. I love them without conditions, never threaten them or try to make them like me. Nothing omnipotent about getting followers with threats of damnation. smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who said anything about damnation? oh yes the Church. I don't actually believe it myself.

1. profile image0

he will be treating his grandteens much differently lol

If that was aimed at me, I have two teenage girls and a 21 year old son, and two older children.
            They have all been treated the same, and are fun loving beautiful kids. smile

Havent you warned you kids say for example - "dont play with fire or you will get burned "

Here we are talking spirituality- regarding the spirit ,the words may have a lot of depth and taking it literally is wrong and will mislead you as its doing so now.
        This dimension we are in is hell, this is damnation  .
        There is anothe dimension of the Light, you are this Light, its absolute bliss this dimension and when you dont have any more desires you will go back home to this light or god.

Earnesthub do understand many prophets like Jesus said " I tell ye you are all gods"
        If you are god then how can you threaten yourself.

You put of an outer body experience by justifying to yourself that science says because it was lack of oxygen, are you truly satisfied with this answer? was your experience not real?

7. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

Omnipresence, ostensibly the simplest of the three 'omni' concepts, actually presents the greatest difficulty.
    For something to be omnipresent, it isn't enough for it just to be hanging around near that stapler on my desk. It has to pervade every molecule, atom and subatomic particle of the stapler. However closely you look, any observable space between 'it' and anything else is a negation of omnipresence. Therefore God can't simply see my stapler. He has to be the very essence of the stapler. 
    The stapler, of course, is not unique. The argument extends to the whole Cosmos.
    The problem then arises that God is indistinguishable from the Cosmos. At this point, the need for the God concept disappears. It is sufficient to say that we have the Cosmos.
    All questions about the nature of God are logically questions about the nature of the Cosmos. And throughout history, the questions that have yielded fruit have been the ones based on observations or attempting to explain the observable. Such questions evolved into scientific inquiry.

Thank you for the input, very good! smile

The problem then arises that God is indistinguishable from the Cosmo.
      Not really a problem call it god, call it the cosmos ,same thing.
      God is the cosmos, the cosmos is god.

The basic fabric of this universe is a very fine light, love tissue, with supreme intelligence what is called god.

Wow - And there you were saying it is beyond human comprehension because our minds are so puny. wink

wink hahahaha missed our sense of humor, smile you are too much wink

Yes and I gave you example ,we as humans dont know how many species exist on this planet we have been inhabiting for so long.
          We have absolute no idea how many stars or planets exist in this cosmos, out intelligence is puny , compared to the intelligence of the cosmos.

When you are trying to rationalize with your mind it is beyond, only the experience can reveal this knowledge to you.

You are the one rationalizing nonsense Mohit. I am not claiming an understanding and making statements about things we cannot and do not know - you are. You are the one telling me you know something I do not - and you are full of it.

LOLOLOL That you think your understanding is better than mine. This would be why belief in a god always causes conflicts. Always. sad

Yes I am a knower of god, or Brahmin,-knower of Brahma and enlightened one cant help it.

If my understanding was not good I wouldn't e a poet whos books is ranked 1 till date in Inspirational and Religious poetry- common sense.

You will not be able to put down your knowledge on paper and get ranked 1 in religious poetry and you know it smile or for that matter highly in spirituality or religious philosophy smile

Infact if all you atheist on hubpages get together you all still wont be able to put a book and get ranked higher simply because all of you put together lack the knowledge  required.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Not with the I know and you don't cos I'm a poet thing again.

Get some real self worth, and you won't need to make these ridiculous statements that say "I'm better and smarter than everyone else." It smacks of an inferiority complex. smile

You atheists have this complex.

Its the truth you dont have the knowledge.

1. Cagsil profile image69
                    Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

No. it is your opinion that I don't have the knowledge, and what your opinion of me is........... none of my business. smile

2. profile image0

So the cosmos brought slaves out of egypt. And the cosmos sacrificed a son on a cross? and the cosmos created the book of revelation.
        I guess i dont need to say i don't buy this idea.

8. wormdo profile image60
    wormdoposted 13 years ago

I think he would potter about happily watching us like Sims until one of us asked "Could God make a rock so heavy he himself could not lift it?" and then he would say "Well gee, I don't know" (which would be quite interesting in itself as he knows everything) and spend the rest of eternity making heavy rocks.

I have heard the rock idea before, but this is a different take on it. smile
      I have to ask. What type of bird is that on your profile?

2. profile image0

there is always a scenario that can be invented to dispute every situation.
      Can he run so fast that he can outrun himself
      can he make water, wetter than it is already.

These are stupid questions to ask.
      Lets say the queen of england has total power over england is there anything that she can't do. Yep. raise taxes to 200%, tell the army to kill everyone who wears glasses.

Your drivel is becoming almost unintelligible cousin - probably time for bed. Still - better than having a drink huh? wink

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
        dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well actually, if the Queen had total power she could tell the army to do that.

1. profile image0

yes but what are the ramifications if she does? Therefore i submitted that in light of reason conclusions should come to the assessment that she wouldn't.

Mark... maybe you should have another drink
          btw... i haven't drank alcohol since my college days and for the record i have not the slightest inclination for alcoholic beverages.

9. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

I think it is haughty and way too lofty of humans to try and out guess any god.  But then, humans like to 'play' God enough here on earth.  People will believe as they choose.  With the world systems in the mess they are in I can see people thinking that a Creator, if there is one, has abandoned humans.  But then 'humans' created This present, failing system, not a god. If one Does believe the Bible then the saying 'the love of the greater number will cool off' is absolutely true.  Not love of a god, but love for our fellow humans which is just how people act today. No regard for anyone but themselves.  So a hub on this would be a human 'guess' at best.

I would have thought the argument for an omnipotent god is all done. Nothing omnipotent about the biblical god. smile

1. profile image0

omnipotent.. having infinte power.
        if you are going to discuss bible topics you have to use the bible. I can't refute mathematics with geometry. Using the bible can you refute omnipotency? no.
        end of negative hub.
        so you're right the argument for an omnipotent God is all done.

10. earnestshub profile image80

That is funny Mohit, I was a religionist who decided it was all a pile of rhubarb after studying it.
    If you read what Paraglider said, you will see he is not in agreement with you. smile

I quote.
    "At this point, the need for the God concept disappears. It is sufficient to say that we have the Cosmos."

You can keep reading all your life but will not understand god or and spiritual books unless you gain enlightenment.

Paraglider is saying its the cosmos which is ominpresent and i am saying yes he is right , but there is really no difference between the cosmos or god.

That is silly Mohit. You know my background, we have had this discussion before.
        What was different about my "enlightenment" to yours? I was a full blown born again like you are. smile

If you are enlightenment how can you say the Light doesnt exist and is not omnipresent ?
          Enlightenment is the experience where you understand you are the Light.

I have seen the light emanating from all objects many times.

Born again is to die become the Light or god, the source and come back to this human existence.

I didn't say I was enlightened, I indicated that I believed that I was, a very different kettle of fish!
            I am a lot more enlightened these days.

1. profile image0

i don't see enlightenment. i see you bullying your way to a hub designed to purport your already preconceived notions of a nonexistent God.
              enlightenment: to give intellectual or spiritual light to.

Funny you should say that, the man who thinks his god is responsible for the demise of Japan with his control of the elements. Now that is NOT enlightenment! lol

1. profile image0

too bad you didn't come back here and correct this statement of yours so i will have to do it.

NO i don't think God is responsible for japans trouble.
                  God does however believe in SOLAR power smile
                  Do i need to repeat myself on this?
                  i hope not.

"God does however believe in SOLAR power smile"

Youdont need to repeat yourself but please do elaborate.
                    smile

Who you are is here for all to see, and your constant bleating even to yourself when you can't get an audience makes your guilty conscience obvious.

I may be blunt at times, but sadly you have gotten yourself all frantic trying to wiggle out from your statement that god controls the elements and it is showing all over the thread. smile

You must be seething by now. smile Did you get any sleep, smile

Now waddle off if you have nothing amusing or informative to add to the clearly intentioned thread.

Want me to put what you said about your god controlling the elements up again?

If you are enlightened you know it, its too big an experience to dismiss.

I didn't dismiss it at the time. smile

2. profile image0

funny you stated being catholic at one point. I guess i missed that thread where you studied as a born again. I suspect this is just more of your misinformation because all the doctrine you state is catholic. You don't honestly know why God sacrificed his son? Thats not a born again problem at all.
          really earnest.
          seems you are pulling a hitler, using the pretense of christian belief to sway the masses.

You don't read very well do you? I was never a Catholic, and my history with religion is common knowledge here. None of my doctrine is religious.
            I'm still waiting for you to explain how your god controls the elements that bought Japan to it's knees. smile

1. profile image0

and i read very well... comprehension and context seems to be your hangup however.

2. Druid Dude profile image60

Earnest. Think of a top. You put it in motion, and it spins. The idea is to NOT interfere any more than is necessary to keep the top spinning, but, you must let the top run it's course. We live on a dynamic planet, this is a living world, subject to great upheavals. That is how it was designed. Do it differently, and our survival here would not have been as it was. All things in nature can be attributed to a creator god(and the beauty of America is, is you can choose what you believe) or to other means. The shark was made to be a shark, and this planet, regardless of how we got here, was made dynamic. Know any string theory?

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Ah yes, the choice to believe what you want to believe, a freedom one would never want to be prohibited from practicing. A freedom that stands right alongside the freedom to express oneself.

Together, these two freedoms make up who we are as individuals as well as members of a group, collective or society. They are the foundation of acknowledging and representing basic human rights.

And, no matter how much a believer will demand these freedoms, nowhere in their scriptures will they ever find words from their gods allowing them to practice such freedoms.

Instead, they have been given commands and orders to believe what they are supposed to believe and to say what they are supposed to say, with the only alternative being an eternal pit of fire and damnation. Hallelujah.

Hence, when we choose to believe that "All things in nature can be attributed to a creator god and the shark was made to be a shark" we are to also believe that god needed to create ravenous killing and eating machines to roam the oceans with that being it's one and only sole purpose.

And, the mosquitoes sole purpose is to suck blood.

Cancers sole purpose is to kill people.

The brains sole purpose is to believe.

smile

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

"the beauty of America is, is you can choose what you believe"

How do you choose to believe something? Forgive me if I am wrong here, but you can't choose to believe in santa can you?

Surely you can't choose to believe that santa is real?

How can belief be a choice and why would your location by country affect that?

I'm still dealing with string theory, so I would say I know very little. smile
                I don't know why you would think I saw it any other way smile .... except for the bit about creation.

Japan? smile I'm still waiting. smile

1. profile image0

The answer is nope and until i get the word directly from God, i will purport no as the answer.

11. Bucks here profile image60
    Bucks hereposted 13 years ago

Well you got two lessons here. Find out for yourself while one is alive. OR wait for God to reveal himself when its too late to find out, after giving the a chance.

Sorry Bucks, I have no idea what you meant to say. smile

Translation - "I know better than you and god is gonna hurt you real bad when you is ded ifn you don't get with the Jesus program."

Yep! That looks like a good translation. smile

1. profile image0

yep it does.
            Doesn't worry me though.
            All i have to do is be a good as you guys say you are and say hi to jesus occasionally and i am in. (partial sarcasm)

1. profile image0

That's hilarious. Typical christian bs. All I have to do is say hi to Jesus occasionally. Don't have to understand the meaning. Don't have to internalize the message. Just throw up a hand and say hey occasionally and I'm magically better than the rest of the world. Quite sad that you don't see the foolishness of such a remark.

1. profile image0

sarcasm eludes you i see

1. profile image0

Not as much as reality eludes you I fear. smile

As thinking eludes you I see. smile

1. profile image0

if i thought you saw anything beyond your own self i might take that seriously.
                    Thanks for the slander. Its one thing to miss sarcasm but another to miss thinking.
                    I am sorry i cannot talk low enough for you to grasp what i say.
                    I think you think to highly of yourself to be truthful with yourself or others. The pit you have dug for yourself has become your trap.
                    I will have to be done with you again.
                    over and out

2. Bucks here profile image60
        Bucks hereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sure you do, one usually doesn't admit when one is Dumb

So now you are calling me a liar? Nice! lol

1. Bucks here profile image60

You did that all by yourself, explain that to yourself

Twisting meaning doesn't work on me. smile Go try it on one of your religious mates, they will miss what I picked up on. smile

1. Bucks here profile image60

I doubt it, I stick to my second comment in this then. still confused

12. earnestshub profile image80

The incest explains some of the religionists, but what about the rest of us?

13. billgaede profile image79
    billgaedeposted 13 years ago

"What would a truly omnipotent omnipresent omniscient god be like?"
    The proponent is saddled with the burden of establishing first whether God is a physical object or an abstract concept. If HIS God is an abstract concept -- Love, Intelligence, Grace, Justice -- then God would be very much like nothing. Concepts have no shape. Who can draw Love, Intelligence, Energy, or 'the' Spirit?

Do you have any suggestions? smile

1. billgaede profile image79
        billgaedeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. The suggestion is that the proponent must tell the audience whether HIS God is a concept or an object. If God is an object (e.g., human-like, cow, Moon), God has shape and the proponent has no excuse to avoid drawing what he is proposing. We can all now see WHAT he is talking about.

If, on the other hand, God is put forth as a concept (Love, Justice, Grace, Intelligence, Wind, Energy), for sure the proponent cannot illustrate WHAT he is talking about, much less claim that his God exists. Only objects may be said to exist.

OK, thank you for that. I need this type of input for the hub if I decide to proceed in writing it. I do realize it will need a lot of input. smile

14. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 13 years ago

What would a truly omnipotent omnipresent omniscient god be like? Well, except for the omnipotent part (which has a really scary sound for a guy approaching age 60) I'd say he'd be a lot like Mark Knowles. Mark is everywhere there's a discussion of this nature and he knows everything about everything. I found this information in the "Gospel According To Mark" so it must be true. (How come Mark's not making his presence known here, by the way?)

It's good to see you continuing your life's work of keeping the religious fires burning, friend Earnest. I hope you're well. Cheers.

I am well, thank you I hope you are likewise. smile

15. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I don't envy you on this self imposed project. It's tantamount to rewriting the entire Bible. It contains just about as much as is humanly possible to write a "description" of Him. You've already dismissed that as a viable source.
    But, further to that, no matter how closely, or accurately you think you may have come, you will not have even "scratched the surface" when you have finished. Least of all in a hub of 400-800 words. (approximately).
    To answer paraglider's post re the cosmos being all we need, and that God cannot even see the stapler, I have written a hub myself called God between the proton and the electron, where I state my case in this matter. I only mention it as it's relevant to topic, & not at all trying to self promote.

This,I believe is the very root of the religion problem. People trying to put God in some kind of box (aka hub), and He just will not be contained. Never has been. The Israelites built Him a temple, but He broke out of that at the moment of the crucifixion.

Aka I am not trying to put any god in a box, I am trying to tease out the relationship between potency and reality. smile

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That may be so, but the potency, as you put it, is already evident to just about every believer.
        For a nonbeliever, it will either never make sense, or seem foolish. I have seen it time and again.

Bring the "truth" to people, and they only get so much and then the whole thing unravels for them. I can't even get to that point with many hardened atheists, because they are so ANTI, they reject everything at the mention of anything God related. sad

aka it may be evident to believers, but I have never seen any religionist who even understand what they are saying about potency. Omnipresent alone is an impossibility for the biblical god as far as I can see, but if you have any hard facts, I will listen to them. smile

Thank you for admitting it. "As far as I can see".
            That's exactly my point. You can only go as far as "you can see".
            I can only take you as far as you are willing to go. Leading the horse to water etc... hmm

Assumptive and arrogant reply aka, I have never seen your superior knowledge in any thread so far. smile

Your vision is more limited than you think. For starters, you don't seem to be able to think for yourself about this, you just repeat what you have been indoctrinated in to believing.

On the other hand, I would become religious in a heartbeat if there was any truth in any of it. Show me proof and I change my opinion as I am so accustomed to doing in my life. Live, change, grow. smile
              As new and proven information arrives, I change my beliefs in any area of my life. You are simply stuck in religion. smile

What was arrogant about what I said?

You can't see it the way I and thousands of believer see it. I simply pointed out the obvious, and that makes me arrogant. Lets not be so touchy, please.

"I can only take you as far as you are willing to go. Leading the horse to water etc."
                  I find that to be arrogant and assumptive OK?

I wasn't calling you a horse. hmm if that's your gripe!
                    Dear o dear.

Suppose you hate chinese food. I tell you it's great, you gotta try it. I even take you to a chinese restaurant, but you refuse to go in. Is that my fault?  Can I force you to eat it? NO.

That was my point.

Being emotional about it won't help anything.

2. dingdondingdon profile image60

It's not so much a matter of being anti as simply not believing. It isn't as if an atheist can suddenly turn on a religious switch in their brain and start believing, it just isn't as simple as that.

For us it's the same as if you started talking about the truth and scale of the Easter Bunny. It's difficult to really take it as truth.

Whosoever will, may come.
            He that comes to Me, I will in no wise cast out.
            Come to me all ye who are heavy laden and I will give you rest.

I'm sure it's not too difficult for you to believe your mother loves you. I'm sure you don't need hard evidence, facts or scientific theories to come to her for help/comfort/whatever.

There have been countless professed atheists that genuinely came to Him, and discovered for themselves that which no man can prove or explain. It's not that hard, believe me!

1. dingdondingdon profile image60

It's not difficult to believe, but then I believe my mother exists. Because I have met her. Because I have touched her. Because I have spoken to her.

And though I won't deny there are lots of atheists who have become Christian, there are also lots of Christians who have become atheists. You are speaking to one right now.

Same principle applies.
                The word says, Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
                You may not see Him, or touch Him, like you can your mother, but nevertheless, He is there, waiting for people to come to Him.

1. dingdondingdon profile image60

That's very nice, but reading it in the Bible doesn't make it true for me. I kind of need something more substantial, else I could just say:

dingdondingdon 11:6: Human women are capable of laying eggs.

I guess you are not a "he", nor a "whosoever", because the Word calls only those who "come". It IS true for you, IF you "come" to Him.
                    Conversely, IF, you choose not to come to Him, it will prove to be untrue for you.
                    I "came" and it was (and still is) true for me. And I am not alone. We ALL must come the same way. There are no privileged ones. NONE.

16. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

Well it's a contradcition in terms isn't it!?

17. earnestshub profile image80

I think you need to read the etymology of the word atheist. smile

It originated from religionists who tried to force people to believe their rot by implying they were many things they were not.
    The word itself is a religious construct, and a word used to describe any person who will not believe what they are told to.

Like me. smile

It is simply an insult.
    My understanding of religion is not in question here.

18. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

"What would a truly omnipotent omnipresent omniscient god be like?"

I reckon he'd be like Hugh Jackman, have an answer for everything and everywhere I looked I'd be able to stare at him.

What else would a god do if he was all that

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Geez froggy, you girls have a one track mind! smile
      How about if he had blonde hair? smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Omnipotent ... omnipresent ... omniscient

Because Hugh doesn't have blonde hair.

1. profile image60
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Omnipotent...omnipresent...omniscient.... that describes half the women on hubpages!
          ....but what if he did? smile

1. frogdropping profile image77
            frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It wouldn't. I know that you know what the Triple Ohhhh really means. An entity with that kind of awesomeness wouldn't bother being anything else.

Hugh Jackman.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
              prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

+ 1

and Daniel Day Lewis next!!

19. earnestshub profile image80

Can we tease out omnipotent next? Or is this to go in the "too hard basket" for a while longer? smile

Although I have gained some wonderful insights from your contributions so far, I don't want to rewrite the Bible Torah or Koran! I am hopeful we could arrive at what a truly omnipotent entity could achieve, would aspire to do, (I like one reply that considers this)
    Thank you very much to contributors so far, I seriously believe we can answer at least some of these questions, as it is 2011, and we have the greatest minds in the world to consult from books we have read and a library that the world could not even comprehend the capacity of twenty years ago.
    I have optimistically started the hub. smile

A truly all powerful god already had the bugs worked out and a perfect plan in place before he turned on the lights. Gotcha comin', Gotcha goin
      He lives inside of his creations, secretly and quietly, just so the illusion of free will isn't compromised, and he can hear, see, feel, speak, w/o anyone being the wiser.Then, he creates an adversary which he ultimately controls, to tease the creation in false directions until the creation figures things out (of course, w/ alittle push here, a little push there, just so he can be sure that the creation has the true path to follow, learning from their mistakes, until they one day arrive, intelligence wise, right where the creator wanted them to end up. Kinda like baking the perfect cake!smile

Good analogy DD. smile
        If you took the invisible extremely improbable magic entity out of the equation, you would be left with reams of clearly written empirical evidence from Jungian understandings to support your ideas.

20. Emveme7 profile image60
    Emveme7posted 13 years ago

without form or gender and pure energy. Said to know all and sees all but in order to be these things must be in a constant state of learning. Loves above all the greatest gift created. The Soul. Constantly moving forward and experiencing, without that it would become stagnate. Stagnation being the death of any life that is aware.

21. earnestshub profile image80

Paraglider wrote:

"The argument extends to the whole Cosmos.
    The problem then arises that God is indistinguishable from the Cosmos. At this point, the need for the God concept disappears. It is sufficient to say that we have the Cosmos"

Omnipresent seems to create a dilemma for a god who would not need to exist, if omnipresence was present! LOL

This is going to be harder than I thought. I cannot argue with Paraglider's reasoning and others have pointed to other problems with the omni's. I need more coffee.

C'mon, I know hubpages has some edumacaitified people who will be able to throw some light on the idea of Omniness!

Exactly! BUT we needed to EVOLVE our thinking to the point that we have only reached within the past few generations. There ARE things that are in the bible that have no business being there. I long considered the possibility that somebody had a damn time machine and we just haven't arrived at that point in time. Things were purposely muddied, a large group of people (christians) were purposely led down a dead end, left with only a modicum of the truth, close minded, close eared...they couldn't find a messiah to save their souls. Bible is full of things w/ more than one meaning...intentionally. Heard about the Bible Code? It's real.

Have you read anything of an opposing view to the bible code? smile

I read about the code 30 years ago and found it fascinating, however I later read a debunking that showed the same conclusions could be drawn from reading anything at all and making it fit. The Jews spent an inordinate amount of time getting the Torah to fit many codes.

Well debunked as you would expect from such a belief.

1. superwags profile image66
          superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As it shows, the same can be done with "War and peace" to provide the same outcome.
            This is not code, it is rhubarb! lol Good link! smile

22. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus is not the omnipotent omnipresent omniscient god ; never did he ever claim to be omnipotent omnipresent omniscient .

[5:117] And when Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary, didst thou say to men, ‘Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?’”, he will answer, “Holy art Thou. I could never say that to which I had no right. If I had said it, Thou wouldst have surely known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. It is only Thou Who art the Knower of hidden things.
    [5:118] “I said nothing to them except that which Thou didst command me — ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them, but since Thou didst cause me to die, Thou hast been the Watcher over them; and Thou art Witness over all things.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=116

The bible is interpreted by many to say that jesus is god, and certainly claim supernatural abilities for him.

1. profile image51

Bible does not use the attributes of omnipotent omnipresent omniscient for Jesus; these attributes must have been coined by the misleading Church at a later time; Jesus never knew about these attributes about him.

You are so certain, I feel sure you must have been there and saw it yourself then. How would you know? Do you have super powers as well as your no show entity?

JC didn't happen. All a myth like the quoran.

2. profile image51

:Matthew 28:18

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (KJV)

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. (NASB)

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (NIV)

And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. (NWT)

Are you sure about that? smile

1. profile image51

What is your point there?

It is the scribes not Jesus saying himself that the Creator-God has given him all authority of heaven and earth.

When scribes concocted the story and made Jesus god or son of god; they had to state that Jesus had all the powers which he never had.

23. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Matt Damon - the Jason Bourne next to Hugh Jackman and Daniel Day...the three gods..

24. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years ago

Oh ok dip

25. proteinshakes profile image61
    proteinshakesposted 13 years ago

Tt could be sensed with one's feeling, everything around would feel perfectly harmonious and abundant.

I was going to use the word "gauge" but that's too limiting.

26. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

He would be much like this, I imagine...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DbAOi9xa0SE/TPsMFCK4QlI/AAAAAAAAAUM/9_VdBBwVHT0/s1600/gilmore510.jpg

27. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

Undescribable.

1. profile image51
  28. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Earnest,

If god is in everything and makes up everything and cannot be in no place or there is no place in which he/she/it cannot be, then what would be the point of Life?

It would defeat all choice, will and everything else. Right? wink

That seems right to me Cags!
      Does this mean, the omnipresent bit is busted? smile

I presented that to my mother who was a Catholic(born and raised), and she said I don't believe it.

She said- if god was in every atom, particle and molecule, then it would make absolutely no sense. tongue

I told her that I was only repeating what other people continue to claim god is and she said it's BS.

I told her- believing in a god is BS. Her reply was- nothing. lol

And, yes it would blow apart the ideology of a god being omnipresent. lol

Catholic mother too I see. My mom was not so much devout as simply brainwashed by her convent education.
          She dumped religion in her 70's. smile

I learned something of emotions when she was dying.

I suddenly decided at her bedside to paint a joyful looking landscape for her, which was ridiculous as I don't paint! lol

I painted it in water colours in a few minutes, yet it was very involved and quite beautiful.

I have often been fascinated by what the subconscious can produce when we are feeling deeply. smile

I don't know exactly when my mother stopped believing, but I am sure she no longer believes. lol lol

Now I think about it, I'm not sure when my mom stopped believing either.
              One thing I do think is that as men, few of us escape religion of the mother. Lots of nonbelievers from the fathers side. smile
              Boys carry their moms values strongly even while idolizing the father.

I never idolized my father. I did look up to him, because of his wisdom, which was greater than his total sum of knowledge, but idolize...naw. tongue

Glad to here it. Many boys do though. smile

Come to think of it Earnest. I've never idolized any one individual or thing. hmm

I guess, no one has ever impressed me enough to make me even contemplate idolization of them. tongue lol

What is death? where did your mom go? What happened to her?

My mom expired a few months back and  I told her death is something good and not bad, you will be going home to th light, where you came from.

Sorry earnesthub but you haven't learned.

I know exactly where my mom went. smile Yes death can be good, my mom was very unwell when she died, and that was the end of her suffering.
              I will become worm food. That is also a good thing. smile

Where did she go earnesthub?

The rest you have written is correct.
                This dimension is one of suffering, no one escapes, the escape is in death- oneness with the Light.

My mother went back in the mix Mohit, the same as we all will. Feed the worms I say! smile

Here is just one site that belongs to a friend in England, you can spend 2 years reading full time there as I have, then argue my point.

That seems fair, as I spent many years studying religion to arrive at my capacity to have an informed opinion here and have read extensively on the subject you wish to discuss.

http://www.hedweb.com/confile.htm

If you care to read all of it you will be able to take a much broader look at the human condition than the single path of religious doctrine and mythical beliefs you now follow as truth. smile
                  Then come back and explain to me how ignorant I am again. smile

I am asking about the energy, which animated her, the essence, the life force, prana?

The body was always made of earth and space  and will become dust again.Is this it??

Do you believe you are more qualified than me on the subject of spirituality,?

You can keep reading books for the rest of your life but you will not understand god or the meaning of those books unless you have the experience which like many things in life is the only teacher.

Books should be used as guides, they are left by those who have crossed over to show others the way to paradise, god the Light.

29. earnestshub profile image80

Speaking of the religiously insane, for those who love him, by popular demand. Here's Benny! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

1. Paraglider profile image88
      Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paraglider, very enjoyable and better still, I  had not seen it before! smile

30. profile image51

Finding the Creator-God Allah YHWH is not a subject of science; science as a human tool is never designed for this purpose; a scientist therefor cannot speak on this subject being a spokemperson of science.

The Creator-God is manifest everywhere though; not physically or spiritually but with his attributes mentioned in the Truthful Word revealed.

31. profile image51

The Creator-God who is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient  is manifest everywhere ; not physically or spiritually but with his attributes mentioned in the Truthful Word revealed.

Would you care to test that omnipresent god against the case put by Paraglider?

You do not understand what you are claiming apparently.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
        dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok...to me it would actually be the universe as we know it. surrounding us encompassing us, changing and adapting as we change moving learning and adapting.  Multi-dimentional

No destruction, just preservation of the energy and re-making of the self.

and absolutely  nothing like a so called just and omniscent God described in the represive and psychotic O.T.

but a real functioning universe nurturing constant life. it could act no other way because of its ability to create. Form cell structure. more biological and physical no imaginary spirit or so called soul....just real functioning matter.

not like a God of human conventional thought at all

or to put it more simply, nothing beter than the universe as we know it, nothing can be that perfect, there is no place it would be, or fit. Like Cag said above.

just thoughts nothing more intended  smile

I agree that the universe is top of the tree when it comes to functioning matter. smile
          What an amazing process! I watch as much of it as I can get from the many science shows that abound these days.

Science is about to make another leap into the past with a new telescope soon I understand.

Seeing times past is very exciting, as we learn more with each amplification.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
            dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am also waiting for the new equipment. Nova and Blue Planet are my fav. shows. Facinating to me.

The human mind is almost as amazing in being able to learn as much as we have about the universe. smile

2. profile image51

Some of His others attributes are mentioned below:

[2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
      [2:257] There should be no compulsion in religion. Surely, right has become distinct from wrong; so whosoever refuses to be led by those who transgress, and believes in Allah, has surely grasped a strong handle which knows no breaking. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
      [2:258] Allah is the friend of those who believe: He brings them out of every kind of darkness into light. And those who disbelieve, their friends are the transgressors who bring them out of light into every kind of darkness. These are the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=255

Why does your Quran threaten us with your god if your religion is peaceful?

The question that has been asked often but never answered truthfully even once. smile

32. earnestshub profile image80

More hollow threats from your super being? smile

1. profile image51

I give no threats

[2:258] Allah is the friend of those who believe: He brings them out of every kind of darkness into light. And those who disbelieve, their friends are the transgressors who bring them out of light into every kind of darkness. These are the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide.

That is a threat.

hese are the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide.
          It means one will stay in this world .

Have you re-interpeted the quoran as well?
            It says what it means to say.

Its spirituality, it has depth ,this is where you are going wrong.

I repeat you will not be able to understand such passages unless you have the experience of the Light, spiritual experience.

Same. as the bible, it says what it says, and no amount of interpretation improve the situation at all.

The quoran I read is a book of hate used by loony religious nuts to justify killing, hate of non believers and installs fear in it's followers.

Do you know the meaning of parables?? DONT TAKE IT LITERALLY

There you go again, explaining the bloomin obvious like I am the ESL here!

Don't tell me, tell the fanatics who kill in it's name.

33. profile image51

There is none fanatic more than the atheists, in my opinion; they eulogize science and science does not prove that the Creator-God does not exist; they are lurking in the darkness.

No, muslim extremists are lurking in that darkness, full of hate for themselves and mankind, impatient to die and go to "heaven"
      Many of them trained to hate infidels by their primary school teachers using the qhoran as a guide.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Attacking the atheists again? It would appear your lashing out is your frustration and desperation showing again. lol

34. profile image51

I think I answered.

Quran threatens nobody. It is the atheists’ guilty conscience that jolts them.

You still haven't been able to see the words on the page is the problem. The majic quoran is filled with the threats that are then taught to children in muslim schools.

Nice stuff like kill all non believers.

Your book is chocka full of hate filled threats displaying your god's phychosis no matter what "context" you try to stuff it in to.

Just like the other book, but with a few more hate passages.
      How many other religionists do you know who carry signs that say kill the infidels, death to America.
      The funniest one I saw describes the beliefs perfectly/

Kill those who say Islam is violent!

35. Donna Suthard profile image61
    Donna Suthardposted 13 years ago

The experience that I had with God directly, resulted as a forgiveness lesson, in which I forgave someone, that I had considered as a enemy.. I thought the thought, that I would buy her some flowers without her knowing it was me..After that thought.. I was hit with the unconditional love, which went on all night..Every cell of my body, was filled with ecstasy..I have known such unconditional Love...there's no way to describe it..Sex is nothing compared to God! God is only LOVE!!!!!!!

1. profile image51

Bible's first lesson is not to forgive unless one first kills one's son. God-the-Father-of-the-Christians could not forgive sins of the human, having no authority for that; unless he first kills Christian-Son-of-God.

How could you forgive one's sin unless you first kill your son or daughter for it if you are following your religion?

You can be a good human being but not a good christian.

Am I right?

36. earnestshub profile image80

Every cell of your body?

How much MDMA did you take? lol

I have felt the bliss of god as well, keep telling you that.
      Many humans talk about union with god the light being the ultimate bliss.
      Its what religions and spirituality are based on.
      Try meditation drop the MDMA wink

as I keep telling you, I have been there, it is illusion.
        You can know how it works if you want to. smile

hahahah this dimension is the illusion ,temporary. smile

From the point of view of individual consciousness it is all temporary.
            When you die, the part of the brain that produces your belief and mine ceases.
            No brain, no god myth. smile I can produce hard evidence for that. smile

Death comes to you in the middle of the night,
              Or sweeps you away in broad daylight.

This being mans biggest doubt,
              Death is not to be talked about.

Where he comes from where he goes?
              We have no tangible proof that shows.

What happens to that energy that animates the body. Energy can neither be created not be destroyed.There is no finishing with death and this is what many philosophers Greek ,Hindus etc spoke off.

The energy you speak of is reduced to what we are made of and can be measured accurately.

Is reduced to what we are made of ? It changes correct ?
                  We are that energy.
                  Ernesthub many humans have talked about god the immortality of the soul, I too have had the experience, its the truth. You will only understand it properly by  experiencing it yourself.

Yes, and coincidentally we hear the mentally disordered telling their doctors the very same thing. smile

Human body.

1. Oxygen (65%)
                       2. Carbon (18%)
                       3. Hydrogen (10%)
                       4. Nitrogen (3%)
                       5. Calcium (1.5%)
                       6. Phosphorus (1.0%)
                       7. Potassium (0.35%)
                       8. Sulfur (0.25%)
                       9. Sodium (0.15%)
                      10. Magnesium (0.05%)
                      11. Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
                      12. Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

37. earnestshub profile image80

Death is final and then we smell
    Nothing moves no more to tell

Our life is now to be enjoyed
    without the fear your god employed

You can write prose till your hands scar,
    You will never say but who you are.

38. W.R. Shinn profile image68
    W.R. Shinnposted 13 years ago

If you are serious in finding out an answer to your question, simply take the time to read The book of John, the book of The Acts, and the book of Romans , in the New Testement of the Bible. God says that if you draw closer to Him, He will draw closer to you. If it is just a joke to you and you are not serious, then don't bother reading or trying to find out. If you truly work at finding Him, He'll show up.
    Honestly,
    W.

1. profile image51

In truth, god does not exist, no proof, no show, no god.

All we have is a bunch of psychotic nonsense written by a few bone ignorant sexist goat herders with an obvious agenda.

39. W.R. Shinn profile image68
    W.R. Shinnposted 13 years ago

Guess you're not serious.

1. profile image51

Don't mind it; the atheists say such words in frustration and doubt.

Scienc does not prove that the Creator-God does not exist.

No science does not prove that bananaman does not exists either.
        Science must be weak. smile
        We Australians believe in bananaman, as we have to accept the evidence.

Have you seen how revered bananas are?

The price of bananas has soared in my country, so a bananaman revival is inevitable.

Very serious, and don't tell me to read things I spent years studying as if I had never heard of them. I have some light reading for religionists, but they never read anything that frightens the horses.
      Too afraid that their fifth rate myths will be exposed for what they are.

40. profile image51

It would be just like mentioned in these verses of Quran:

[59:23] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Knower of the unseen and the seen. He is the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [59:24] He is Allah, and there is no God beside Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Bestower of Security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah far above that which they associate with Him.
    [59:25] He is Allah, the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner. His are the most beautiful names. All that is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Him, and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=23

and his words have guided Islamists to kill 270 million people. sad
      ... but don't worry about "collateral damage" eh?

41. jtyler profile image61
    jtylerposted 13 years ago

He would probably be very bored.

42. profile image49
    ukulele_heroposted 13 years ago

I think he would resemble Emilio Estevez.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)