Publish Now or Publish Later?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. tglowv profile image81
    tglowvposted 11 years ago

Publish Now or Publish Later?

Some days I have several ideas for Hubs and other days, I have no ideas at all. Is it better to publish a couple Hubs in one day or write them and then publish them at a later time? Does it effect your earnings and traffic? I am relatively new to HubPages, so any advice would be helpful.

2. sweetzara profile image75
    sweetzaraposted 11 years ago

Publish now and publish often. The more the better but don't compromise on the quality. In the end some hubs will attract a lot of traffic and some may not. You will only know what works after you publish about 15 hub. Also, hubs take a few months to mature (sometime longer). The only thing that really effects your earnings is how much traffic google drives to your hubs.

This has been my experience so far.

3. Adamowen profile image71
    Adamowenposted 11 years ago

I like to write down anything that I think will make for good reading. This could be hubpages, other websites, ebooks or a book I'm working on. If you have the ideas jot them down and come back to them at a later date! For hubpages if you have an idea for the name of a hub then set up the hub and leave it for "publish later" this ensures that you have the name you wanted for that particular hub. Don't reduce quality because you feel that you have to publish something, creativity can't be rushed allow it to do it's thing and you'll have some great reading for everyone. If you produce good work then with time the traffic will come.

Good luck with hubpages!

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

I keep a list of ideas by my desk so that I don't forget my good ideas.  I also start hubs and don't publish them until they are complete.

I have two, conflicting, thoughts about publishing now or later.

My first thought is my personal experience on HubPages.  I think that Google prefers consistent publishing.  So if you publish a lot then suddenly stop, it is more likely to look at you as a spammer.  Or if you publish once a month and all of a sudden you are publishing more. 

The other thought is what the others have mentioned.  Since I am here for the money, and hubs take time to season, the earlier you publish a finished hub the better.

Basically I publish when a hub is finished.  I hope that Google eventually recognizes that my sporadic publishing schedule is MY normal.

5. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

Some good tips have already been provided here.  Personally, I have way too many ideas to possibly ever be able to publish!  The same for music, I have more songs in my head that I will ever have time to record!

Personally, I like to make sure a hub feels complete before publishing.  Publishing often is good but it's also good to leave some time between publishing hubs in order to give people a chance to read them.  I also find that publishing hubs at certain times of the day helps increase traffic.

I would publish 2-3 hubs per day at the most allowing some time (and promotion) between each one.  Quality, length, key-words, grammar, etc are also all very important.

6. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

Publising more often is the best way to increase your visibility and attract more followers on HubPages (but make sure it is high quality writing, don't rush Hubs out that are poorly written).  Once you publish, you will start getting traffic and earnings, and also start the process of getting indexed in search engines like Google, so the sooner the better.  Make sure your Hubs are set up to be SEOd (search for:  What is Search Engine Optimization?) and also set up links to your other relevant Hubs when you publish a new one, to drive traffic to existing Hubs.  You should also look into setting up an RSS feed that shows your most recent Hubs on all of your Hubs.  This is another way to drive traffic to your other Hubs, when you get a visitor to one of your Hubs.

7. jaredbangerter profile image75
    jaredbangerterposted 11 years ago

I usually click Publish later and wait till the next day to re-read it and make sure it's really as good as I thought it was right when I finished originally writing it.  It's like music, sometimes you'll write a song and it sounds AMAZING... then you go back and re-listen to it the next day and it sounds horrible.  If the latter is the case with my writing, I tune it up a bit, add some more pictures, polls, demographics, etc. and wait till the next day, rinse and repeat until I KNOW I have struck gold.

With Hubpages revenue, quality is more important than quantity.

8. John Sarkis profile image81
    John Sarkisposted 11 years ago

I'll enter the info once I have about 80% of the hub completed.  I then give the hub its finishing touches before I publish it.  The right tags and summary are really important as they'll ensure the success of your hub.

9. Martyn Wright profile image68
    Martyn Wrightposted 11 years ago

Several ideas in a day for hubs is  good news, write them and publish straight away! If I have an idea then I start a new hub and develop it until it's ready to publish! If I  don't like the outcome or cant develop the idea further  then simply delete the hub. I'm new on here and find ideas pretty hard to come by at the moment. I've deleted one or two  hubs that really didn't develop as I had envisaged.
      The more quality hubs you have published the better!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)