On average, how long does it take you to write a single Hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Adamowen profile image67
    Adamowenposted 11 years ago

On average, how long does it take you to write a single Hub?

2. momster profile image59
    momsterposted 11 years ago

If I know what my hub is about and how I want to write it, about 2 to 3 hours with pictures. Sometimes I may start writing a hub and take a few days to write it out. I try not to take long making hubs.

3. Insane Mundane profile image57
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

I haven't wrote many Hubs on here as of yet, but the few I have wrote only took a few minutes each...  If you already know what you are talking about and you free-style your way through, it is like an ongoing "instant message" on the messenger while spending a minute or so with proofreading, and presto...  If you are writing "Research Hubs" where you have to dig for references, it may take a few minutes longer, but even that is just a couple quotes and links away from completion, if you are a quick searcher with a dynamic brain...
    I suppose not everybody works that way, albeit being overly analytical while writing often leads to the mechanical jargon that I don't care to read...

4. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

To write a hub initially not very long 30-60 minutes typically, unless it is really involved and requires me to take a lot of screenshots or pictures etc.  The writing is the easy part, I spend the longest time assembling the hub here on HP.

1. Insane Mundane profile image57
      Insane Mundaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like your profile; I may check you out, later on; cheers!

5. zsobig profile image81
    zsobigposted 11 years ago

If I am totally familiar with what I write I usually spend a few hours with some researching, writing, getting relevant pictures and composing the hub itself.
    When I just have a basic topic in my head and I have to research a lot to make it into a quality hub, I usually spend more than a day altogether or even more.

6. Mitch Alan profile image80
    Mitch Alanposted 11 years ago

Once I know my topic and have done any research needed, it usually takes me about an hour or two...maybe longer if I'm looking for specific pictures. I tend to collect my ideas into a fully formed idea before I sit down to write.

7. dghbrh profile image81
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Depends on the subject at hand. If its a poem then it does not take much time to submit in here. Say around three to four hours is enough with pics uploading and all. But if its some other subject then it depends solely on the type, it may take sometimes days to complete.
    Thank you..its a good question.

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 11 years ago

Very good question here. I always have the titles but when comes to writing the details, it takes a long time because I am not free! I have to do house chores, feed my toddler, get ready food and fight for the computer with my kids!

9. pagesvoice profile image74
    pagesvoiceposted 11 years ago

I try not to put time constraints on my writing. I pride myself on putting together quality Hubs and for me, it can't be done satisfactorily within a couple of hours. Sentence structure, grammar, metaphors, adjectives and drawing a reader into my story all take time. After I have written a story then the fun work begins with finding and placing photos, highlighting certain words and phrases and generally just putting the Hub together. My last Hub took several days...going back and forth and rewriting segments. Of course, it goes without saying I am not obsessed with typing away hours on end.

10. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

It takes me between 2 to 4 hours, depending on the amount of research I do and how inspired I am about the topic. Over time, it should take much shorter as I gain more experience writing.

11. roxygurl464 profile image60
    roxygurl464posted 11 years ago

It usually takes me about a week to write a good quality hub.  I like to take the idea and research it until I have a full understanding, then I brainstorm a little and write a few notes on key topics I would like to touch on.

12. Alecia Murphy profile image72
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

My hubs are varied. I do some research hubs, some common knowledge hubs, and many personal hubs. It depends on what I want to do in order to have a quality hub. For instance, I did some tribute hubs on recently deceased stars (Don Cornelius, Whitney Houston) and so I gave myself a timeline in order to promote it accordingly with trending Twitter topics and news and google searches. It's all on how you want to reach people in terms of time and quality. Good luck!

13. Redberry Sky profile image89
    Redberry Skyposted 11 years ago

Anything from half an hour to a week, depending on the subject, photos and research.  If I have everything at hand, it just takes an hour or so to put it all together into a Hub, but then again I'm pretty disorganised so that can take a *tad* longer too.

14. greeneryday profile image71
    greenerydayposted 11 years ago

I am a slow writer and usually would takes me about two hours for writing a hub... and takes longer to do the research and compiling the material to create a hub... I think the more you write the faster you can finish each hub....

15. Rosana Modugno profile image74
    Rosana Modugnoposted 11 years ago

It takes me less than an hour to complete a Hub that contains 700 words or less.  Anything more, takes a little longer but I never go over 2 hours on any hub I write, no matter how long it is, or how many photos I attach.

I am used to working fast, under pressure and with deadlines so I enjoy the structure of time constraints.  I don't have the patience to sit anywhere for a long period of time because there are so many other things I do besides this.  It's important for me to manage my time accordingly.

16. GoForTheJuggler profile image83
    GoForTheJugglerposted 11 years ago

My "Analyze This" series of hubs can take me hours, not including the two plus hours I spend watching the film while constantly pausing and taking notes.

Otherwise, about an hour or so, on average.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)