How to tell a girl that you love her?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. greeneryday profile image68
    greenerydayposted 11 years ago

How to tell a girl that you love her?

2. profile image0
    danielabramposted 11 years ago

It all depends on how much you know the girl. You can't say the same thing to a girl you've just met verse been on a first date with verse have a long-term relationship with...

1. debbiepinkston profile image76
      debbiepinkstonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hopefully a guy wouldn't say "I love you" on the first date.  We can't know them well enough to really love them.  We may love what we see at first but time will reveal who this person really is.

3. Mellonyy profile image60
    Mellonyyposted 11 years ago

Every woman likes confident men. Be honest and straightforward, show her first and then tell her. Are you afraid of rejection?! Then, don't tell her nothing:)

4. sradie profile image61
    sradieposted 11 years ago

Words are a good way, I love you seems to work. But, the proof is in the doing. Set her heart afire with the words, turn that into an inferno with your actions. Listen uncritically and don't try to 'fix' everything. Talking things out is often a way to clarify and solve problems in her own mind. Maybe all she needs is an attentive ear. Hold but do not smother. Sometimes a little rub of the neck and shoulders has more value than an erotic caress. It all depends on the moment. Be observant. There are usually things that you can do for her without being asked that express her value to her without a lot of fanfare. Do the dishes, fold the laundry, feed the cat, change the baby. Go for a walk or a drive just for the fun of it. It's how you use the moments you have together that says 'I love you' sometimes even better than the words. They go together really.

5. sonnyhodgin profile image60
    sonnyhodginposted 11 years ago

When the time is right, just come out and say it.

6. YvetteParker profile image61
    YvetteParkerposted 11 years ago

Tell a girl that you love her by becoming her friend first, demonstrating your love for her secondly, and then telling her thirdly. In that order, by the time you get ready to tell her; she'll already know.

1. greeneryday profile image68
      greenerydayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree, becoming friend first let the feeling to get stronger naturally, by the time you are ready to tell her she'll already know, this is one of a better approach...

7. debbiepinkston profile image76
    debbiepinkstonposted 11 years ago

You can just say "I love you", but that isn't enough.  Your actions must back up your words.  Asking her how she feels, listening to her, finding out what she needs from you and doing your best to meet her needs is the best way to show that you love her.  Actions speak louder than words, but a girl always likes to hear the words too.

8. alphagirl profile image76
    alphagirlposted 11 years ago

Ask her to go go somewhere that is quiet..it can be a simple as going for a walk, getting some ice cream or you cooking dinner. Something that is simple and a place you or activity you both like...pack a simple picnic lunch....or have dinner ready for her with a few candles in her place. Ask her if you can have dinner ready for her...it can be take-out if you can not cook...

It may feel awkward when you first say it because you are not sure of her response. I am hoping for you it is mutual...good-luck and keep us posted.

9. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

First, there are the preliminaries that will get her attention. Dinners, flowers, letters (real letters not e-mail) and so on are always a good start.

But that is like putting primer on the wall. It really is necessary if you want a long-lasting paint job that holds us. Both members of the couple have to be prepared for what you are about to say. So the preliminary events i mentioned are just getting the two of you ready for the day you simply say, "I love you, or I hope you know how much I love you." The words are not written in stone, but they have to be honest, sincere and spoken with truth and conviction.

I met my wife 33 years ago. I could have proposed that night. I realized that might be rushing things. We dated for about three months before I told her and four months later we were married. Just celebrated 32 years last month.

As in many cases, some family members do not always care for the person, you choose. My mother was ill (ALS) and my sister really did not want to see me get married at that time--afraid I would not help out with my mother.

Years later, when I was sick and my sister saw how much my wife did for me and for others, she wrote to me and said she was glad "I had the good sense to ignore her and others and marry my wife. She is a real jewel." I could not agree more.

Good luck to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)