Question for guys: How important is it to you that a woman has large breasts?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Rebecca2904 profile image68
    Rebecca2904posted 11 years ago

Question for guys: How important is it to you that a woman has large breasts?

I'm writing a Hub on how a woman's breast size can affect her confidence, so I was hoping to conduct a little research. Guys, how important to you that a girl has big boobs? If a cute girl approached you and asked you out on a date, would you consider turning her down if you thought her boobs weren't big enough? Any thoughts and opinions on the subject are welcome - and please be honest! This is research, so please give your real opinions, not ones that you think will make us rather more flat-chested girls feel better. Thank you!!

2. Cre8tor profile image92
    Cre8torposted 11 years ago

I am not personally a "big" boob guy. I'm not against them (well, except my wife's) but it's not a driving force. I actually know a lot of guys who prefer smaller than average boobs. To me, I think as long as there are boobs, I'm good. Again, speaking for myself, there's a balance thing with attraction. You could have perfect boobs and some other feature could set it off. I think most men would agree that proportions are important. Anyhow, I'm not even sure I should've chimed in on this one but hey, I saw "large breasts" and well....I'm a guy.

Rebecca2904posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment! I'm a bit confused as to what you mean when you say 'except your wife's'. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like you don't like your wife's breasts? Has your wife had plastic surgery that you do not approve of?

2. Cre8tor profile image92
      Cre8torposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just meant I only get against my wife's boobs. Just making a joke...bad wording I suppose. Hers are natural and fine. I was just meaning to say I'm not that guy who oogles over big boobs only. I'm a booby equalist. smile

3. NateB11 profile image89
    NateB11posted 11 years ago

Not at all. And that is my sincere feeling. I prefer the opposite, or somewhere between. And I can assure you, a lot of guys feel this way. Hope that's not crude, I don't intend it that way.

Thanks for commenting! It doesn't sound crude at all, and I did ask after all smile

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 11 years ago

I read in a book on body language that the most important thing for the average man is hourglass body shape: slim waist, wider hips, round butt, and shapely thighs. This is pure instinct and has something to do with child-bearing capacity. I am attracted to virtually all women under a certain weight range, regardless of breast size or hips-to-waist ratio. I did read that men are instinctively interested in breasts simply because they resemble butts somehow. Therefore, I would argue that "breast men" like to see big cleavage, but they are not as interested in large bare breasts once the clothes are off. Cleavage is an attraction mechanism.

Thanks for commenting! It's interesting that guys may be attracted to breasts because the cleavage looks like a bum.  I tend to think of guys as being either primarily interested in boobs or in bums, so it's funny to think they all just like butts.

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

No it wouldn't matter. A toned body, a pretty face with a beautiful smile, along with a great sense of humor are far more important than one body part. Women like Cameron Diaz, Oliva Wilde, Zoe Saldana and Kate Hudson are just a few women that come to mind that aren't known for having large breast and yet they have no problems finding men interested in dating them. In fact the majority of married women aren't double Ds. In fact most people don't look like models or movie stars and yet the majority them find mates and spouses.
    I believe people who don't have what they want will always look for an excuse or blame someone for their unhappiness. However when it comes to dating or marriage anyone who takes a trip to the mall, beach, park, movie theater, church or wherever will see couples made up all shapes, sizes,  and levels of attractiveness. Clearly this proves looks aren't everything for either sex.

Thanks for commenting! I was thinking of including some celebrities in my Hub, maybe I'll include some of the ones you suggested smile I think you're right, people who are single might sat that they're boobs are to blame when that isn't the case at all.

6. benisan85745 profile image60
    benisan85745posted 11 years ago

What is your definition of "large"?
    And are you talking about naturally large breast, or enhanced? Personally, dashingscorpio, gave four extremely beautiful women that aren't big chested, and I would not mind being with or dating for that matter. Without being to graphic, I am sure women would love to have men enhanced for their selfishness. In the end, how comfortable the two of you are with one another and how you treat,one another, makes up for what you feel you are lacking.

I left the definitions open to interpretation because I was interested in what people thought. Do you think natural breasts are much more attractive than fake ones? I'm not too sure about having men enhanced - too big and  it is (literally) a pain.

2. benisan85745 profile image60
      benisan85745posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Personally, natural does it for me. I appreciate what augmantated breast can do for a woman's moral, but hopefully it help with your esteem issues. And you think its a "pain", try living with one....I'M KEEDING"!!!! juss being silly!

7. junkseller profile image78
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

For me small boobs isn't even on the list. And honestly, I have met very few men for whom it was a real issue. I had a good friend who really liked them, but he also had two long term girlfriends who were small chested. I also had a boss once who liked them. He had bought his wife a pair of huge hooters. He was also one of the biggest sleazebags I've ever known. I think Big boobs get more attention than they deserve simply for being exotic. It is the kind of thing that is fun to have when you're in a strip club, but really don't think it is much of a concern for actual relationships for most men.

On the other hand, fake boobs and super-plumper cleavage enhancing bras are somewhat of a turnoff for me. I know that 's terrible unfair right, but what I find attractive is a natural body and a woman who is comfortable with who she is. Even so, I wouldn't ever automatically judge a woman for anything that superficial.

Looking only at someone's skin is like looking at the surface of a lake. Mostly we just see the reflection of ourselves. It's what is underneath that matters. A friendly smile is really all it takes for me to start things off. You have a really wonderful smile.

Thanks for commenting! I like your comment about the lake, I guess when we judge people on their looks alone it does say a lot more about us than what it does about them.  May I include some of your comments in my Hub? I'll give you credit of course.

2. junkseller profile image78
      junksellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Feel free  to use my comments. It sounds like it will be an interesting hub.

3. Rebecca2904 profile image68

Thanks! Also, for curiosity's sake, what is on your list? Is there anything to do with appearance on there, or is it all things such as rudeness, being inconsiderate etc.? Feel free not to answer if you don't want to!

4. junkseller profile image78
      junksellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Personality traits are definitely at the top. Kind, smart, etc. and then even body traits would be more about function. Will she dance with me, go hiking, how does she wrap around me when I am sad...A-cup vs C-cup wouldn't show up until the very end.

8. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 11 years ago

They are fun to look at, play, etc...   I married an Asian woman though.  So no it is not that important wink  And I do not like fake ones at all.

Thanks for your comment!

9. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

I like full-figured women, so even if they don't have big boobs, as you say, if they at least have a big butt, then I'm game!  Of course, I'd rather have a girl with both, large breasts and a succulent booty, but as long as they have at least one of the two, it is all good for me...

Thanks for commenting! I appreciate your opinion smile

10. Hezekiah profile image84
    Hezekiahposted 11 years ago

Personally the size doesn't matter to me as long as it is relatively proportional.
    e.g. Slim/slender girl - Smaller breasts - fine
    Fuller figured - woman - larger breasts - looks balanced
    Overweight women - naturally large breasts.
    I don't mind larger breasts on a skinny women but it is not my main attraction point.

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Not at all. Of course we are attracted to ones looks. But, For me, Who I would  ultimately want to be with is a Woman who has a Beautiful heart and spirit. That's the good stuff. smile

12. lorddraven2000 profile image90
    lorddraven2000posted 11 years ago

Not at all really. I love her just the way she is.

13. Car Salesman 4 U profile image61
    Car Salesman 4 Uposted 11 years ago

Me personally, I like smaller breasts. C or smaller preferably a B, however anything smaller than a C is fine, however I would never turn down a woman who got up the nerve to ask me out regardless of her chest size. And NO I am not giving you an answer that I think you want to hear.
    Thanks

14. wingedcentaur profile image64
    wingedcentaurposted 9 years ago

With what we know today, about some of the sensitivities and vulnerabilities of women's health, I should think that most men would not want a woman to, somehow, 'acquire,' let's say, large breasts in any way that would risk her health. I would sincerely like to believe that. I cannot tell you how much I would like to believe that.

Of course you know, Rebecca2904, there is something to be said for moderation. Again, in addition to not wanting a woman to  ever risk her health, similarly, one would not wish a woman to make a clown or freak show exhibit out of herself in the futile hope that she will be considered more attractive to the right kind of men. It is the twenty-first century after all!

You say your writing something about how a woman's breast size can affect her confidence. Interesting. Is your premise that the extent to which guys find such a thing 'important,' correlative to the extent to which a woman has 'confidence'? (This structure of inquiry is implied by the way you've written your question).

I hope your finding won't be something like: Ninety out of one hundred men say that large breasts for a woman are important to them.... Would this mean a confidence level for 'flat-chested' women of ten percent, for the ten out of one hundred men who said that large breasts were not important to them? Surely not!

15. Junior90 profile image60
    Junior90posted 9 years ago

Well large breast r up dem selfs, been competitive to those who r beening pretenders, bt r gratefully blessed with the genes and amazing features in which attracted by all, bt those without r most unlikely to b dwn them selfs of hw dey been look at, described & commented by others around. For me honestly i dnt mind only if dey care, love & respect each other and dem selfs of who dey r and wat dey stand for coz everyones the same wen dey start off u knw!

16. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 9 years ago

Girl with a big boobs can impress any guy if she has a perfect body as a whole. However, girls or women with big books are looked with different thoughts by the people. Those who believe in beauty with big boobs may appreciate the women of their  physique, but for others who do not know A B C about a  woman's beauty,  may look at their  big boobs  in an ugly way that can not be appreciated.

Having big boobs may be of genetic reasons to someone but some of them   know how to look special and attractive in front of others .Big boobs women are thus more attractive than flat chested girls.

17. Steve Schlereth profile image56
    Steve Schlerethposted 9 years ago

Maybe I am one of the few, but when I look at a lady, I do not look at the breast, nor body, nor the facial features a lady might have inherited; because, there has never been a breast, a yard of fat, or facial features that has been able to make decisions, show compassion, or talk. If the lady's heart is pure and truthful, that is a person that have my interest.

18. Niko Linni profile image78
    Niko Linniposted 9 years ago

If I were to date someone? Well shoot, brass tacks it's down to how that person is. You could have the most smokin' body in the world but if your soul is ugly (so to speak) than I'd rather take the girl who's flat chested but has a heart of gold. And that's just how it is with me. I'd never turn down a girl who has a small chest if they're a good person and showed sincere legitimate interest in me. That's just messed up to turn them down because they don't have big enough boobs, but I guess that's how some people are this day and age.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)