Is Obama showing his academic records/Fast & Furious docs a fair trade for Romne

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (99 posts)
  1. The Frog Prince profile image70
    The Frog Princeposted 11 years ago

Is Obama showing his academic records/Fast & Furious docs a fair trade for Romney's tax returns?

Here we have a President who has any data about his past sealed and is demanding that Romney release five years of tax returns.  How about a little show and tell Barack.  You show us your transcripts and have Holder comply with his Congressional subpoena and se what happens from there?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7041933_f260.jpg

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Obama has shared all of his income tax returns, who should Romney be exempt?

And, you might want to check this out about sealed records

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records/

The Frog Princeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is no requirement that anyone reveal their income tax returns in order to run for any public office.  Nuff said?  Obama pulled the same trick with Hillary in 2008.

2. Writer David profile image60
      Writer Davidposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Explain to me why Obama, the man who said his administration would be the most transparent in history, does not reveal the docs of F&F?  What is in those documents so damaging that Obama would invoke executive privilege to hide them from public?

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then Obama has already released more than he has had to

4. TheFewTheProud profile image60
      TheFewTheProudposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama has shared 2010 and 2011 tax returns.  Romney has shared 2010 and estimated taxes for 2011 which have not been filed yet.  Romney paid 10 times the taxes that Obama paid; the IRS deposits  real dollars not percentages.  Quit misleading.

5. Cassie Ann profile image61
      Cassie Annposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Uninvited Writer - you really need to go elsewhere other than factcheck or snopes. Many sites have contrary info to your link.
      http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclus … continues/

6. The Frog Prince profile image70

Cassie - Now don't expect a left winger to use reputable sources for their info.  Heaven forbid!

7. Cassie Ann profile image61

Ha ha - FP. You are so right. Sticking with factcheck or snopes seems to be all liberals need for proof. I can find 10 legitimate sites to their one that provides the truth.

8. junkseller profile image79
      junksellerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes. let's abandon an award winning organization and instead pay attention to the conservative propagandist Floyd Brown. Reputable? Good grief we are doomed.

9. Cassie Ann profile image61

junkseller - you haven't done your homework correctly if you don't even know that both snopes and factcheck are liberal run sites. Good grief to you for trying to sell me what your name suggest!!

10. The Frog Prince profile image70

Which award junk peddler - most unreliable, left wing spin factory award?

11. junkseller profile image79

Journalism training/experience, peer or editorial review over their work, provide sources? Floyd Brown is a no for all those Qs. Factcheck has won Webby awards, a Clarion award, been honored by Time, PC Mag, and Soc. for Prof. Journalists.

12. The Frog Prince profile image70

All the awards in the world don't negate the fact that your source isn't credible.  Get real.

13. junkseller profile image79

I gave a list of things which lend credibility to an organization. Frog Prince approval wasn't on it. I also provided the awards you asked about. I've backed up my position. You haven't. Stop wasting my time with your pathetic insults.

14. The Frog Prince profile image70

Wasting your time?  Whose question are you on son?  President Transparency, your hero, isn't at all transparent.  LMBO

15. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The owner and founder of factcheck publicly sponsored Mcain against Obama, liberal run! the complete ignorance of the facts here from the right wingers is just hilarious.

16. Conservative Lady profile image71
      Conservative Ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The guy who authored the article at Uninvited Writers link just happens to work at CNN - can you say Liberal Media.....

17. Cassie Ann profile image61

Snopes is owned by David/Barbara Mikkelson – liberal democrats.
      Annenberg Public Policy Center sponsors factcheck.org and is also supported by the Annenberg Foundation. To be cont...

18. junkseller profile image79

Even if you were right about the article being liberal, that in no way changes the content, which contains many specific facts supported with sources. Can you refute any of that or not?

19. Cassie Ann profile image61

Cont.- The same foundation that Bill Ayers secured 49.2 mil. $’s from to create the Chicago Annenberg Org. which Obama was the founding Chairman of the Board. Can anyone say biased to the left!

20. Josak profile image61

So anyone want to talk about how the head of the Annenberg foundation and it's owner support McCain and made big donations to him? I love how conservatives are always accusing fact sites of being liberal, the facts have a liberal bias obviously big_smile !

21. The Frog Prince profile image70

Since McCain isn't the subject here and Oblabber Mouth is, I doubt we'll discuss that.  Nice deflection though.  Your source is tainted.  Live with it Josak.  You boys have a probem with actual facts.  Where are Obama's records?  Answer the question.

22. Cassie Ann profile image61

Josak-sometimes the truth hurts. Water Annenberg died in 2002, doubt he contributed. Leanora, his wife, may have made a contribution. Doesn't change the fact that they haven't been in control of said foundation for years. UNINFORMED you are!

23. junkseller profile image79

The location of Obama's records are all provided by the Factcheck article. It has been answered over end over with facts and sources. The only deflection here is from those who can't respond to the facts that have been put in front of them.

24. The Frog Prince profile image70

The "location" isn't in question.  The release of said records it.  At least try to get it straight what is being said.

25. junkseller profile image79

The location and release of Obama's records are all discussed in the Factcheck article. E.g. he, like most other candidates (including Romney), has chosen not to release his college records. Nothing unusual in that.

26. Josak profile image61

I like how they say they want to talk facts and then provide no facts.
      Yes Leonora donated and endorsed the campaign she is the owner and head of the board for the Annenberg Foundation the source is fine, the only problem is it provides actual facts.

27. The Frog Prince profile image70

FACTS?  Forged BC, no college transcripts released, much of his books are fantasy and he claims to be transparent.  Yes, in FACT, most people can see right through him.  LMBO

28. Cassie Ann profile image61

Here's the facts, Josak. Leonore donated $2300 to McCain in 2008. Huge sums, huh? They supported Reagan heavily in 1980 when they were really in control of the foundation. Leonore died in 2009 so she is no longer owner or the head of said foundation

3. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 11 years ago

That would certainly be a fair trade in my opinion.

4. halfcord profile image58
    halfcordposted 11 years ago

Regardless of what The Regime gets from Mitt they will spin it into something really ugly and way too many of the "uninformed" public will suck it up like "kool aid".  You almost wish for a way to get the information to the public FIRST and then see what the Liberal spin doctors do with it.
    Oblame-o's history WILL come out.  There are a lot of people out there combing files everywhere.  We just need it to be sooner than later.

The latest seems to be a fund that has a $20K reward being offered for Obama's college transcripts.  Contrary to the link the user above posted about Obama's sealed records not being sealed the source is inaccurate as his records are sealed.

5. Conservative Lady profile image71
    Conservative Ladyposted 11 years ago

Makes good sense to me! I don't see why the American people don't make more of a fuss about Holder and his noncompliance with the Law.
    I am certain that if Obama had stellar grades we would have all seen the transcripts by now - leaves only less than stellar grades as the conclusion.

Grades aren't what Obama is concealing.

2. halfcord profile image58
      halfcordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

NATIONALITY on applications might be a problem for him.  Duh.....ya think?

3. Conservative Lady profile image71

I should have added stellar grades and "Nothing to hide"

6. 34th Bomb Group profile image60
    34th Bomb Groupposted 11 years ago

My first thought FP. After I stopped laughing at the temerity of the obummer team.
    What a bunch of cretins! I liken their "deal" to "when did you stop beating your wife?" The gall of these people.
    Where are the college & law school transcripts?  Where are the articles written which set him up to become Editor of the Harvard Law Review. What is his REAL SS#?
    A deal wherein one party threatens the other to lay waste to his character, by a man who has no past is not a deal. It's like the Mob forcing a small business owner to hand over the vig every week.

As seen above his supporters want to deflect and not answer the question as posed.  It gets hilarious.  It seems like a fair trade to me.  Total transparency was promised and has yet to be seen.

2. 34th Bomb Group profile image60
      34th Bomb Groupposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Their hyper reactions on this point are proof enough to me to show they're scared to death. He CAN'T release ANY info or it will prove to the world that he's the biggest phony ever. He's a bum. Michelle is the power behind the throne.

3. The Frog Prince profile image70

I understand 34th.  Their usual deflection seems to be the "definition" of sealed.  You're an attorney so you know they are mincing words as usual.  The man has spent over a million dollars to fight the release of info that we should know.

7. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

Not a fair trade at all. Obama not releasing his college transcripts or submitting to the ridiculous Fast & Furious witch-hunt doesn't hurt Obama at all. The only people who care are those who aren't going to vote for him anyway.

Lot's of people, however, care about Romney releasing his tax returns. Even quite a few conservatives have been calling for him to release more. Let him keep them hidden. He will lose votes because of it.

Nice try but polls indicate the majority of voters care less about Romney's tax returns.  The truth is that Team Obama keeps harping away to avoid the real issues of this campaign.  It's as Clinton said, "It's the economy stupid."  Try being factual.

2. junkseller profile image79

Aug 9 CNN poll: 63% say he should release more. Independents were even higher at 67%. July Gallop poll: 54% said he should release more.

3. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

junkseller - Are you saying nobody should be held responsible for Fast & Furious?  We should never know the truth?

4. junkseller profile image79

What truth do you want? it was a terrible government program, poorly run, with terrible results. Add it to the list. My only point is that I don't see it impacting the election.

5. profile image0

junkseller - I guess knowing how high up the ladder this botched program went would be the only concern as far as the election goes.

6. The Frog Prince profile image70

It goes like this.  Once Romney issues his 2011 returns which have an extension on them he has met the two years and Obama and you libs I reckon can keep trying to divert attention away from the real issue - the economy.  Your idol is a failure.

7. junkseller profile image79

Old Poolman, you could be right, but even if it goes to the top, does that really change votes? I just don't know. Personally, I am in no way opposed to the truth being known.

Frog Squire, the Prince of assumptions and insults. Nice work.

8. profile image0

No, unless someone high up flat out lied about his or her knowledge of Fast & Furious.  That knowledge might make some people angry.

9. Pollyannalana profile image59
      Pollyannalanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't care about his taxes, what is taxes compared to whether we even have a citizen President. Maybe that is what all this doing away with illegal is all about. A law to protect him if ever he is found out. I bet you! Starting to make sense.

8. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 11 years ago

So no recent president ever has released his academic records Bush had his leaked after refusing to to release them, but sure I think everyone should release everything if they want to lead the country. As for fast and furious that should only be released to the congressional committee as it's confidential but yeah.

Obama has NO sealed records and actually very few he hasn't released, he has released way more than most presidents. That is just conservative lies.

1. 34th Bomb Group profile image60

Kindly provide a link to his Law Review articles.
      Thank you!

2. The Frog Prince profile image70

Lets see his college records, all of them, if nothing is sealed.  They are sealed whether you believe it or not.

3. halfcord profile image58

Following the 34th Bomb Group,  we still don't have ANY of his university applications, records, grades, yearbook photos, "real" birth cert., and the list goes on.

4. Josak profile image61

As I said no recent president has released their college records. Nothing is sealed they are simply not released perhaps you are ignorant of the difference? As for his birth certificate I am not even going into that bull.

5. halfcord profile image58

Like The Frog Prince said......  "Lets see his college records, all of them, if nothing is sealed. They are sealed whether you believe it or not"! 
      You're not gonna win this one Josak.  You got no proof!

6. Josak profile image61

Actually I have ALL the proof, you can read the fact check article uninvited writer provided. The problem here is #1 Conservatives don't know what sealed means. #2 Obama has released more information than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT EVER. End of story.

7. halfcord profile image58

No Josak, not 'end of story'.  If a cat has kittens in the oven you don't call 'em biscuits. Share some links and proof or forever hold your piece!  Quit blabbering on with Liberal Talking Points as if they were factual. Libs don't DEAL in "facts"!

8. The Frog Prince profile image70

If they're not sealed I reckon they will come along shortly since there is now a $20K reward for producing them.  You libs crack me up.  LMBO

9. Josak profile image61

The facts are all in the factcheck link that uninvited writer posted. So frog you don't know what sealed means?  a document can only be sealed by the courts Obama has zero documents sealed (Bush had several) like all pres he hasn't rel'd college docs

10. 34th Bomb Group profile image60

I'm annoyed that Josak thinks I "don't know what 'sealed' means." I have had records sealed for years. I know what it means. I also know that despite what the lawyer or judge tells you - they can and will be unsealed 90% of the time. Get a grip, pal.

11. The Frog Prince profile image70

34th - As usual Josak is in over his head with intelligent people.

12. TheFewTheProud profile image60
      TheFewTheProudposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You keep drinking that Kool-aid Josak; time will reveal the truth.

Obama's transparency is just another lie.

13. Josak profile image61

So if you know what sealed means and you think Obama has records sealed red the Fact check article and see... WOW he doesn't so you are both horribly wrong!  Ignorant of the basic facts and you have the nerve to suggest I am drinking koolaid!

14. halfcord profile image58

It is a shame that the kind of loyalty Josak shows to Oblame-o is totally wasted on a lost cause.  Ya gotta wonder why he keeps insisting that some mysterious "fact check" group is on his side but there are no links or references how he got that info

15. junkseller profile image79

What does loyalty have to do with it? Josak has made a factual argument and provided support for it. The link was provided by Uninvited Writer above, which Josak clearly mentioned.

16. Josak profile image61

http://factcheck.org/2012/07/obamas-sealed-records since apparently you can't follow the simple directions to where the link could be found. Also I don't even like Obama but this conservative bull is just so wrong it demands answer.

17. The Frog Prince profile image70

You two seem to be confusing your wishful thinking with facts.  Just today Obama said in his press conference that "the American people expect the President's life to be an open book."  Time for Obama to open the book so we can see it all.

18. halfcord profile image58

Got better things to do.  I am as convinced that you are wrong as you are that you are right.  All of this bickering will get us nowhere.  WHEN they unseal Oblame-d's records and the facts ("Truth" for those of you in the Liberal world) will come out

19. profile image0

Josak, so you are insisting that a single source of internet information is all it takes to prove something to be true or false?  You know better than that.

20. The Frog Prince profile image70

OP - No, he doesn't know better than that.

21. junkseller profile image79

He doesn't have to prove it absolutely true. He has offered an argument that is very well sourced. Provide an equally backed counter-argument or refute the specific points. That's what debating is. Opinions and insults is all that has been given.

22. TheGroundsquirrel profile image60
      TheGroundsquirrelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Josak! Congrats on your appointment to captain of the Josef Goebbels Debate Team! wink

23. The Frog Prince profile image70

The points were refuted junk peddler.  You fail to accept reality and want to get on the side of stupidity and continue to buy into the pathological lies of Obama.  He can be transparent.  At his peril!  LMBO

24. profile image0

All I'm saying is to quote a single internet source can lead to incorrect decisions.  For every point there are internet sites stating the exact opposite.

25. junkseller profile image79

Old Poolman, I completely agree, but we have to have some way of evaluating credibility. Factcheck has a decent reputation, is staffed by professional journalists, and that piece contains 47 sources. Seems like a reasonable starting point to me.

26. profile image0

Having never used FactCheck, I will just have to take your word on their credibility.

27. Josak profile image61

Ah aren't you guy's the star representatives of conservatism big_smile calling people everything from stupid to Nazi's and ignoring the facts with the sources right in front of your nose from a Pulitzer winning source. You guys are a joke. (except Poolman)

28. Cassie Ann profile image61

Annenberg Public Policy Center sponsors factcheck and is also supported by the Annenberg Foundation-same one that Bill Ayers secured 49.2 mil. $’s from to create the Chicago Annenberg Org. which Obama was the founding Chairman of the Board.

29. The Frog Prince profile image70

Cassie Ann - Neither of these two has the slightest idea who is backing Factcheck.  They are hilarious.  They probably think Snopes.com is on the up and up too.  No one here has referred to anyone as a Nazi so the liberal sensationalism continues.

30. junkseller profile image79

Simplistic labels are for children. If you are unable or unwilling to evaluate the content of a thing then that is your deficiency. One guy from one project doesn't dictate the politics of an org. and still wouldn't alter the content of the argument.

9. profile image56
    Pat Pottsposted 11 years ago

I could care less about Romney showing anymore of his tax information. I'd much rather see everything there is to see about Obama.

1. Pollyannalana profile image59

I second that emotion!

2. Cassie Ann profile image61

I third that motion.

3. Conservative Lady profile image71

I'll tag on with a fourth!

10. Pollyannalana profile image59
    Pollyannalanaposted 11 years ago

I cannot believe that the President of the United States is allowed to keep past data sealed and if he were honest with nothing to hide, why would he? Indeed. I think it would be a fair trade but we won't be seeing that. One day many I fear will wish they had demanded answers. We citizens have certainly never been allowed secrecy and more is taken and wanted all the time, even by this president who wants all his past kept secret. If that doesn't set off alarms I don't know why not.

11. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 11 years ago

Has anyone ever thought there are NO transcripts and NO BC because they never existed? No one remembers him from college I was practically a ghost in college but I could name 20-25 people who would at least say  they were in class with me and a few young ladies who wished me dead.... Obama has no one who remembers him ASIDE FROM LEFTY PROFESSORS  all I have to do is call up my coll4ge and ask for a transcript pay $5 and bam!!! they print it out  to me occidental college sounds made up but I guess itis real... As for Havard-they seemed to leak out GWs info pretty easily. as for Barry I would not believe him  a damn thing he said even if he came to my house and told me personally...i BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE LYING ABOUT ONES PAST WIL;L BE CALLED PULLING AN OBAMA...

1. Pollyannalana profile image59

It astounds me that someone can be President of the US and not have to prove a thing! It feel like the twilight zone and so many upholding it like it is perfectly OK, more twilight zone. I hope when I wake up he is gone.

12. TheGroundsquirrel profile image60
    TheGroundsquirrelposted 11 years ago

Of course it's fair. We will only get to know what the sane already know. Romney is rich and O-man is stupid. Captain Obvious is a very busy superhero of late smile

Hilarious that Oblabber gives an interview about what powers he wants as a super hero.  Made me wanna barf.

2. 34th Bomb Group profile image60

I've only asked for ONE Law Review article for three+ years. Still cant't get one but, apparently I have a duty to believe the traitorous criminal who forced us to move house 50 years ago. My mother was still pissed about it when she died at age 81.

3. tom hellert profile image60
      tom hellertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes a document placed on the internet "HOW COULD BE BE SCEPTICAL ABOUT A PDF?"
      If the doc is sealed how did they get and make that PDF??? MUstVE BEEN SOME GOOD OLE OBaMA MAGIC he just twitched his nose and  *tinka tinka tee* it appeared ta-fing-da

13. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

There is zero equivalence between Romney's income tax returns and Obama's college and law school grades. There is ample precedent for presidential candidates releasing tax returns and zero precedent for releasing college grades. College grades are not related to any public policy issue. Romney's tax returns are related to federal income tax policy, especially loopholes which benefit the one percenters like Romney and the sleazy billionaires and corporations who are funding his campaign.

1. 34th Bomb Group profile image60

Oh please. You can't be that ignorant.

2. The Frog Prince profile image70

What do grades have to do with Obama hiding his college transcripts?  I have to agree with 34th's observation.  This whole tax return issue is a diversion away from Obama's failed policies.  He wants to talk about anything but his record.

3. halfcord profile image58

Ralph, funny you mention "sleazy billionaires". Have you you looked at Oblame-o's handler.....and "one man economy destruction machine", George Soros?  Now there is the pot calling the kettle black.  Oops...was that a racial slur?  My Bad........NOT!

4. The Frog Prince profile image70

halfcord - I always have a chuckle when a progressive opens that pie hole and stuffs their foot in it without thinking first.  Uncle George Soros is one of Obama's handlers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)