What inspires your writing?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. alvairs profile image59
    alvairsposted 11 years ago

What inspires your writing?

Are you writing to benefit financially or to help others in need?

2. old albion profile image61
    old albionposted 11 years ago

I do not write for financial gain. I write to inform and help others if they are interested in the subject. I also write to gain peace of mind as I am able to free that something which I am unable to define.
    Graham.

alvairsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree, helping others is my main focus as well, and the  comments of appreciation is also encouraging.

3. Seeker7 profile image81
    Seeker7posted 11 years ago

Quite a few things but the most important one is that I love writing and sharing, hopefully, enjoyable and/or useful information. But inspiration for topics can come from various places such as reading, the internet and picking up bits and pieces from everywhere and anywhere.

Absolutely, ideas pop up from all sorts, I do enjoy writing also.
      All the best to you.

4. dazzlede profile image61
    dazzledeposted 11 years ago

Everyday events inspire me to write. Sometimes just to pen down my observation, my thoughts about a certain issue, things that people do not want to talk about, or trying to delve into human psychology.
    If my thoughts and observations can help someone looking for answers, I will be very happy. I have written about some issues that people try to push under the carpet and deny their existence to themselves too. If these hubs have served their purpose it gives me some satisfaction.
    Writing for financial gains is too stressful. That means writing everyday even if the words do not flow. If the money has to come it will come cent by cent smile.

Word, i feel you on that.  I do the same  just to get it out there,
      and hopefully some one or many will feel the vibe, and like you said penny by penny and comment by comment it's all coming.
      Thanks for the lines, keep well.

2. Joyette  Fabien profile image84
      Joyette Fabienposted 11 years agoin reply to this

dazzlede, I share your view; writing for pay is extremely stressful. Like you, I write about everyday events and situations. I take note of the way different people respond to situations. I trust that my sharings can be of use to others.

5. profile image0
    Kathleen Kerswigposted 11 years ago

I tend to wait for inspiration to hit me. I was watching TV the other day and the idea came to me immediately. I'm not even sure how the TV show relates to the idea I came up with, but something triggered my brain. wink

Thanks for the question.

Good, that your inspiration comes from all sort of resources.
      All the best to you with your writing.

6. alyssabarron profile image67
    alyssabarronposted 11 years ago

Mainly, a feeling of needing to communicate the stories that have become stocked up in my head.  Sometimes I find a good story in a dream I've had, a topic I've discussed in a class, or just from something random that I witnessed or heard throughout the day.  I find great ideas for writing everywhere and I feel that my want to communicate these things gives me the inspiration to write.

I am pleased to see your passion for writing and sharing your thoughts,
      Thank you

7. Mommaeagle777 profile image60
    Mommaeagle777posted 11 years ago

My Faith! My Life's Experience that help me to overcome many
    obstacles and hardships, and challenges that tried to stop me!
    Through faith and hope that I now have. It's my heart desire is
    to give everyone the message of hope! When everyone wanted
    to give up on me, and never wanted to give me a chance, to
    tell how my decision and choices that brought me consequences
    that could have destroyed my life, I just want to encourage those
    who feel that they are weak and hopeless, that inside of each one
    of us, is given a gift! It's our choice to decide to use them or keep
    them inside.. I desire to use the precious gift of Faith and share
    it with anyone who will listen! I want to be a blessing and be
    a encouragement and say, " Never Give Up!!

Faith is a powerful tool, encouragement for others is kindness and caring.
      Always be kind to others and your blessing will be in abundance.
      Thanks for your comment, and god bless you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)