Editing & Publishing

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. minuspc profile image60
    minuspcposted 11 years ago

Editing & Publishing

I have an unpublished hub which I edited and now want to post.  Problem is I can't recover it. 

How do I find the hub and submit it for publication?

2. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

I am not sure if I am understanding correctly. If you have edited it, it should be in on your accounts page, under the title you gave it. If you unpublished it to edit it and did not save a copy and it has been longer than 24 hours, I do not think there is a way to recover it. If I unpublish and know I have extensive work to do, I save it in my personal off line files so I can work on it and then publish again using a different title. I hope this helps.
    Perhaps someone else can give your more info.

3. Perspycacious profile image64
    Perspycaciousposted 11 years ago

Click on your Statistics page where it show Published (i.e. put your cursor on "Published" and left click.)  Any unpublished articles will then be showing at the top of your Statistics page when  you do so.  Click on the tile you want to publish, then, when the article appears, click Edit, and click Publish.  I hope this helps.

4. Wayne Brown profile image81
    Wayne Brownposted 11 years ago

Hopefully the hub was saved while you were writing it.  I assume that you are writing the piece in the HP format which I do not reccommend for this reason and others.  Go to your "Account Page" located in the drop-down under your name in the upper too bar on the HP banner.  Once in, scan down the list of hubs published in your account.  If the hub as been saved, it will be there in that list and marked as "unpublished".  Hit the "edit" button adjacent to the hub title and then hit the "publish" button on the header in the hub.  If you do not find the hub in your account list, then HP never captured it as a saved document and it is lost....nothing to do but begin again.

In the future, I recommend that you do your writing on a word processor and then "cut and paste" the final into the HP format when you are ready to publish.  This saves you this problems and gives you a better capability to edit prior to publishing.  At the same time, it also provides you with written proof that you created the document.  I also like to have a copy in hand to share if someone asks for it rather than to print it out of the HP format which is not that great for the reader in printed format.  Hope this helps.  ~WB

5. AlexK2009 profile image84
    AlexK2009posted 11 years ago

If you did not have an offline copy, deleted the hub and it has been 24 hours you are out of luck. The best thing you can try is to google for the URL and hope it is in Google's cache, then print the result as a PDF

If it was never published go to your account, look for unpublished hubs, click on the hub name then click publish

6. pagesvoice profile image71
    pagesvoiceposted 11 years ago

Go to the top of HubPages and locate your user name. Under your user name is accounts and then click on that. If you scroll down, any unpublished Hubs that you are still working on should be highlighted in red. Once you have located the Hub in red, click on that and edit away. Best of luck to you.

7. chuckd7138 profile image72
    chuckd7138posted 11 years ago

I always compose in the HubPages format, but during composition process, I periodically save via Notepad in .txt format onto my flashdrive. That way, I can read it from any computer without any formatting issues and will always have a copy. When I'm done, I proofread (not very well always) in the HubPages, make my edits and then copy/paste the whole thing to Notepad. Since I still consider myself quite new to HP, I am playing with different layouts for my hubs. This makes it extra important to keep saving all work in a different format and program while composing. I hope you are able to post your hub and is read by many.

8. MarleneB profile image90
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

If you have never published your hub, then it should still be in your account. If it is not, then I would definitely send an email to the HubPages team about the problem so they can look into the matter. It won't retrieve your hub. That hub has gone bye-bye for good. Your only reason for contacting the team is an effort to make sure it doesn't happen again.

If your hub was previously published and then you unpublished it, then you are out of luck. After 24 hours, the hub is permanently deleted.

I am so sorry this happened. I wish I knew of a way to retrieve your hub. But, I don't think there is a way except to type in the title in the Google search tool and see if it is still indexed. If so, save it to your computer right away.

9. stvpaulson profile image65
    stvpaulsonposted 11 years ago

One thing to chk is if your system "saved a backup" and if it did, then goto the file in the backup area and recover it,  then you can edit and pub  it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)