Has the first Presidential debate altered your opinion or your stance on whom to

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. violetheaven profile image59
    violetheavenposted 11 years ago

Has the first Presidential debate altered your opinion or your stance on whom to vote for?

2. JoanEB1970 profile image61
    JoanEB1970posted 11 years ago

No.  Obama is my champion.  Romney lacks integrity.  He is ambitious and that is all.

1. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Champion? HR 347 makes it a felony to protest. Obama has his kill list which includes American citizens. He has racked up 900+ executive orders, effectively creating laws, bypassing congress. And he never restored Habeas Corpus

2. JoanEB1970 profile image61
      JoanEB1970posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a pre-existing condition.  Obamacare gives me access to health care in 2014.  I am a woman.  The crappy Republicans want women to go back 50+ years .  I am pleased with 90% of Obama's performance while in office.

3. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

No. Living in the Philippines, I didn't happen to catch any of it. Not interested, either.

Both Obama and Romney are Corporate Party puppets. Sounds harsh, but the Corporate Party media won't give you the evidence I've seen on the internet -- video proof of their crimes.

Four years ago, I cheered Obama on from the sidelines here in Asia. But what a betrayal. He's just another Corporate Party stooge, just like Romney and Bush.

Obama said he'd restore Habeas Corpus, but that ain't gonna happen. The Corporate Party is closing the noose on America and driving the last few stakes in its coffin.

Obama has written nearly a thousand Executive Orders as president. That's more than a hundred times what most other presidents ever did, including 4-term FDR. By his E.O.s, Obama is effectively becoming Emperor, but he's only a pretty face for the Corporate Party masters behind the scenes. Lobbyists and their masters have taken over the place.

And Obama has his "kill list" which includes Americans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4j_G0nmbWE

Now it's possible for cops or federal agents to enter your house without a warrant and without you even being there. Now it's possible for the military to detain you indefinitely (forever) without a warrant, without you having access to an attorney or a phone call. It now can be a felony to protest against the government -- 10 years in prison for questioning what your government is doing (see HR 347).

Both halves of the Corporate Party have effectively done away with voting and Roberts Rules of Order. Check out these two 4-minute videos on the death of American politics.

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

If you don't wake up and help everyone else to wake up, then it'll be just like Germany 80 years ago. Hitler and his thugs were klutzes compared to these guys.

Look how smoothly they pulled off 9/11 to get us into Iraq and Afghanistan. Just be careful you don't accept the embedded RFID microchip when the economy collapses. That $16+ Trillion national Debt Bubble is accelerating under Obama and is about to Pop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOj-rOGZFE

If you still believe the Official "conspiracy theory" about 9/11, then cheer up. Here's a good chuckle for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbPh3u7_q0

4. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

Yes. I did not watch it. I watch the pundits afterwords. Generally debates are about causing fractures not reaching consensus. More about what the other guy does wrong than about I the speaker will do.
    But they show character. Two men in front of a nation, everything riding on the performance, who triumphs in such an atmosphere is worth paying attention to. The pundits and polls seem to think Obama did poorly. I wonder what Russia and China think?

5. profile image0
    Billie Paglioloposted 11 years ago

No, I will still vote for President Obama for a myriad of reasons.  Most importantly, I think the President's foresighted, long term view of switching to alternative forms of energy will ultimately be noted in years to come as one of his greatest achievements. It requires discipline and sacrifice and that seems to be a hard sell to Republicans who actually claim that their wealth was gained mainly through those exact two virtues.  The recession has an important causational factor that is often overlooked. Above and beyond the effects of the housing and banking crisis, I believe we are in a period similar to the Industrial Revolution - our economy is switching from a manufacturing base to a technological base just as it switched from the farms to the factories in the 1800s. Transition periods require new ways of thinking, not old paradigms. Embracing alternative energy, in the way that the President has, is brave and smart. He is young enough, and his children are young enough for him to be forward thinking about this ultimate "stewardship" of our country and our planet. He seems to understand on a deep level that this is the only way to achieve long-term recovery.  In addition, I trust the President for my family's safety and well-being, not because of the Bin Laden incident, but because I feel he's measured in his decisions.  I don't trust Romney whatsoever in that respect. He didn't even have the discipline or respect to not over-ride the highly respect journalist, Jim Lehrer last night, and he's the one who set an unnecessary adversarial tone . But to be quite honest, even though President Obama didn't bring his "A" game last night, over and above any factual explanations, there is a very emotional reason why I would never switch my vote away from our President - I just plain LIKE the guy!  And I LOVE our First Family! Ultimately, whether we want to admit it or not, it's about who would would choose as a friend - who we like - and who thinks like we think.  President Obama will always be my guy.

6. violetheaven profile image59
    violetheavenposted 11 years ago

At the start of the debate I didn't care for either.  Being raised in Massachusetts I have seen what Romney did as Governor.   I kind of always had a chip on my shoulder about Romney...call it Big Dig  Angst.  But  I never liked Obama.  i could get behind some of what he's done.  But the majority is still a no.  I think Romney definitely won this debate.  Just edging out in front of Obama for me.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image85
    M. T. Dremerposted 11 years ago

After watching the debate, it hasn't changed who I'm going to vote for (Obama). I do think that Romney came out better after the debate, primarily because the President displayed a sort of weariness that I myself have been feeling. He made a lot of promises in 2008 and I would say that he has kept a large portion of them. (Politifact.org has a running tally of the ones he has and hasn't kept). And, for the victories he has made, I believe the president has done very well, whether it's the affordable care act, wall street reform, the auto industry bailout, or his strong military presence and the end of the Iraq war.

He's done so much as a president that I agree with and yet, he's been hammered since day one. A good man's reputation has been attacked over and over again by a party unwilling to compromise, a network with a vicious bias, and corporate cash that is threatened by his policies. I'm incredibly demoralized because I feel like there is nothing left that can be done. If his record isn't enough to get him re-elected, no amount of campaigning can undo the damage that has been done to his reputation. And that's why the debate was so hard to watch. To see the toll this has been taking on a good man who just wanted to help out struggling americans. It's despicable what the corruption in washington has done to this president to block real reform.

And, as a side effect, it has convinced citizens that change really isn't possible. Hope and change wasn't just a tagline for a candidate, it was a movement saying the American people had had enough. And, over the last four years, the republicans have done everything in their power to stamp out the belief that we can make a difference. Unfortunately, they are succeeding. More so than anything, that's why I'll never vote republican; I will never encourage that kind of pessimistic, discouraging behavior.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)