All Muslims believe that Jesus was a messenger .Do Christians have similar belie

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 11 years ago

All Muslims believe that Jesus was a messenger .Do Christians have similar belief in Mohammed ?

Jesus is mentioned in the Koran as messenger of ( God ) Allah.

2. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Not really. After all my time in the church, they never mentioned Mohammed. I had to do research to understand who he was. Then I read into the Muslim religion and found it more favorable than Christianism.

1. SwordofManticorE profile image70
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I started out with Gabriel, and then movedf to the doctrine of hell in both religions. The issue was about mohammed writting the quran out of his own ambitions and both the errors of Gabriel in Arabic and hell in your book play the two key factors.

3. Ms Dee profile image86
    Ms Deeposted 11 years ago

No, Christians do not believe in Mohammed as God's messenger. And, Muslims actually believe there are two Jesus'; one Muslim Jesus and one Christian Jesus. They believe Mohammed is a greater messenger than the Muslim Jesus, and the Christian Jesus they think of as the enemy.

1. rumanasaiyed profile image74
      rumanasaiyedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ms Dee
      I am a Muslim, I don't believe there are two Jesus. And it is nowhere mentioned in the Quran that Mohammad was greater Messenger then Jesus (P.b.u.t). I will only say that If you want to know Islam don't look at Muslim , see what Quran Says

4. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Some Christians do. Those who are not locked into dogma and egotism.

Too many Christians take the Bible literally, but that's a sure sign of laziness (sloth) and arrogance (pride).

This one Christian does not belong to a denomination. This one Christian considers that Gautama Siddhartha Buddha may have been following Christ 500 years before Jesus was born.

This one Christian has found reincarnation and karma in the Bible, and also the Kabbalah's "Tree of Life" embedded in 2 chapters of Genesis.

It's impossible for us to find the truth if our cup is already full. I'm still learning to empty mine.

Ego is behind every form of evil. But most Christians cling to their egos -- the master of this world.

1. rumanasaiyed profile image74
      rumanasaiyedposted 11 years agoin reply to this

well explained lone77star

5. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

As a Christian, I do not believe mohammed is signifigant in my walk with God.

1. Mahmo profile image60
      Mahmoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mohammed needs no recognition and he is mentioned in your holy book .Hear this lecture a man who converted to Islam :-
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykdUUSA1Qro

2. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Your quran was a book written by mohammed purely based on his owm agenda. There was no divine intervention in its making.

3. Mahmo profile image60

OK. If you dare to tell such lies and casts doubts in His messenger .Be sure you would get Allah punishment sooner.The Koran includes so many verses on people like you who faced their worse destiny .

4. SwordofManticorE profile image70

What are you talking about? It is my belief that mohammed's spirit is with God, and your threats are useless to me. I do not fear your god. If I am wrong, then explain to me what the name of the messenger means in English?

5. Mahmo profile image60

I am not threatening you it is the Allah promise in his holy books .You are absolutely wrong when you say I do not fear your god. I call Allah to show you his power. For messenge : http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q= … mp;ver=kjv

6. Mahmo profile image60

Do you think that if  mohammed's spirit is with God you are free to tell lies about his prophecy ? I am not threatening you this is Allah's promise and I call Allah to show you His revenge if you do not fear Him.

7. SwordofManticorE profile image70

You can call your god to show me his power all you want. I have heard it all before, and instead. My God has givin me a good and beautiful family. Good jobs, great health and lots of good friends. My God is a loving and forgiving God. Is yours?

8. Mahmo profile image60

I was not talking about your or my God who is ONE and here is your foolishness,I am taking about your denial of His prophet Mohammed.That is all and it is  the issue in my question.

9. SwordofManticorE profile image70

There is no denial. God had many prophets. Mohammed was not one of them. He wrote the quran based on his own ambitions for power and wealth. The proof is in your book and you dont even know it.

10. Mahmo profile image60

Haaa why not you tell us this proof which no one had discovered it except you the great genius jurist of  our century .Here is the proof :
      http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … mp;gs_l=yo

11. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Should I show you all the videos of ex-muslims converting to Christianity? So your link is nothing. Here is the proof. What does this word جبريل  found in your so called perfectly written in Arabic quran mean?

12. Mahmo profile image60

WHY YOU ALWAYS ASK ME  IF YOU HAVE ANSWERS ? It seems that you are black African from South Sudan who learned Arabic in North Sudan and who is just filled with black grudges.Most of you are Pagans who do not know either Christianity or Islam.

13. SwordofManticorE profile image70

No sir, I am a white man. Again, I will ask you what this Arabic word means in English. If you are convinced that your holy book is perfectly written in Arabic, you would answer the question without fear.

14. Mahmo profile image60

جبريل  means in English " Gabriel" and his one of Allah's  Angle who is mentioned in the Quran and in the Bilble . He revealed to Mohammed PBUH the words of Allah and His message, so what is wrong with that ???

15. SwordofManticorE profile image70

That is the error. The Hebrew word  גַּבְרִיאֵל is pronounced Gavri'el. This word is perfectly written in Hebrew, not Arabic. Gavri'el means "Strength of God", but you answered Gabriel instead of "Strength of allah". You ask any Jewish scholar what t

16. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Ask any Jewish scholar what it means and he will say the same. These 2 letters אֵל are "el" and they mean God in Hebrew. But God in arabic means allah, and yoiu dont find the word allah in جبريل . So your holy book is not written perfectly.

17. Mahmo profile image60

What you are saying is no more than delirium or hallucination .The word גַּבְרִיאֵל means in Arabic جبريل and in Hebrew it means  Gavriel and in English it means Gabriel.There is no comparison between the Word Allah and the word.
      http://mahmo.hubpage

18. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Sarcasm is a poor substitute for wit. Gavri'el means Strength of God in Hebrew. By your own words جبريل means Gabriel in English. You are in denial, but it does not surpize me at all.

19. Mahmo profile image60

This is silliness, if the word is Gavri'el or Gabriel or جبريل at the end it refers to an angle, irrespective of what  the said names mean.It is just like the names Messiah or Jesus or Christ they refer to the same person irrespective of the meaning.

20. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Gavri'el doesnt not mean Gabriel, We call him Gabriel in English as to how we pronounce it, just as you do in Arabic. There is nothing perfect about your Arabic word Jibr'il as it is perfectly written by Daniel in his book in Hebrew.

21. Mahmo profile image60

So now if Gavri'el doesnt not mean the angle Gabriel, or say does not mean manifestation of our Lord's power which is the same  irrespective of his name,  who is Gavri'el then ? and what is your conclusion or findings ??

22. SwordofManticorE profile image70

This is where are discussion ends as I get tired of repeating myself. Gavri'el in Hebrew means "strength of God". where jibri'il means nothing more than the pronuciation of the word Gabriel in arabic.

23. Mahmo profile image60

So our great  linguist of Arabic language has reached the conclusion that "  jibri'il means nothing more than the pronuciation of the word Gabriel in arabic" What  a great discovery to our mother tongue and the Arabic speakers !

24. SwordofManticorE profile image70

More than I can say for you. btw, where do you think mohammed learned of the teachings of an everlasting hell?

25. Mahmo profile image60

This your own imagination and the Quran is full of verses on forgiveness.Here is the proof :   http://search-the-quran.com/search/forgiveness

26. SwordofManticorE profile image70

That isnt proof. That is another's belief. How about the 23 verses in the quran that talks about hell? There is no mercy in hell according to your book.

27. Mahmo profile image60
    28. SwordofManticorE profile image70

The word hell is printed in most english bible, but if you and most Christians only knew how to read the bible, you would find that God is the exact opposite of what most Christians and muslims have been led to believe He is.

29. Mahmo profile image60

I DECIDED TO STOP ANY FURTHER COMMENTS ON YOURS, because you always deviate from the issues you raise when you become sure that your comments are nonsenses.You started with  Gabriel then deviated to the Hell now you are deviating to the God.

30. SwordofManticorE profile image70

The hell teachings in the quran is another proof that mohammed wrote the book out of his own ambitions, which is the real reson we started this discussion, but ending it is a good thing.

6. Mahmo profile image60
    Mahmoposted 11 years ago

The  position of the Muslims towards other messengers and holy books is clear in Chapter 3 ( Aal-e-Imran ) verse 84 of the Holy Quran as follows :-

(  Say: We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam).)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)