What are the brightest memories of your childhood?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image75
    Pavlo Badovskyyposted 11 years ago

What are the brightest memories of your childhood?

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image89
    The Dirt Farmerposted 11 years ago

Horseback riding! Letting my horse have his head and go as fast as he wanted. It was like flying. Like making time stand still.

Pavlo Badovskyyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, I would like that too..

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Fishing. I lived where alligators were everywhere and I remember as a child I loved to sit there with my line in the water and stare out at the alligators swimming or sunbathing.

I feel lucky NOT to live in a place with alligators smile I do have some prejustice against them...

4. grand old lady profile image86
    grand old ladyposted 11 years ago

playing with my sister in the front yard where she taught me about bugs and fruits.

Can I add a second? Playing hide and seek with the neighbors and Kick the Can. We lived in Los Angeles then...

Kick the Can..... We did not played that. May be it was called in some other way.

2. grand old lady profile image86
      grand old ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kick the can is similar to hide and seek, but "It" has to put a can in a place while everyone hides. Then while looking for others, someone who is hiding can kick the can. If he does, "It is still "It". If not, he is the new "It".

3. Pavlo Badovskyy profile image75

No, we definitely did not have that. smile

5. Maanasi profile image62
    Maanasiposted 11 years ago

Climbing small hillocks with my sisters and aunt early in the morning to be able to see the sun rise

Wow, i Love , love , love it  !!

6. profile image0
    Paul83posted 11 years ago

Mostly the times when I fell down or tripped over something and entered a world of pain. Those do make for valuable life lessons, though.

I wish you had much more pleasant memories.. My brightest memory was a toy which my parents presented me when I was 10.

2. profile image0
      Paul83posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pavlo: Thanks, but I have tons of more pleasant memories, too ;-).

3. grand old lady profile image86
      grand old ladyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pavlo, what was the toy and why did it mean so much to you?

7. Cathy I profile image67
    Cathy Iposted 11 years ago

It's the people who touched my life.  The friends that I cherish and are still in contact with so many years later, the adults who helped shape my character, the books I read, and the creative ways I found to play and amuse myself. i liked playing dress up and wrapping a towel around my waist as a pencil skirt.  Then I would line up every can and bottle I could find and they would be the students in my class. The labels would be the assignments they had completed.  What a laugh!...and I had so much fun.

You are lucky to have to many people around whom you glad to see and to remember about them.  Did you become a teacher?

2. Cathy I profile image67
      Cathy Iposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pavlo, i did not become a teacher though I did think about it. However, i have mentored many young people, and I consider myself a teacher of life (like Oprah).  I am a Life Coach and that gives me the opportunity to be a teacher sometimes.

8. Mark McClean profile image61
    Mark McCleanposted 11 years ago

By brightest do you mean memories that stand out the most? It's makes a difference as some of the most vividly remembered childhood memories aren't positive.

I remember being pulled from my first string catcher's position on our baseball team and put into center field so the backup catcher could play a couple of innings to quiet his parents. It was a big game. The basis were loaded and the opposing player gets up and smacks one right at me. I'm running back, back, back and dropped the bugger when it hit my mit. It wasn't an easy play but that memory is very "bright" in my mind to this day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)