What is your best childhood memory?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (37 posts)
  1. fratjoe18 profile image61
    fratjoe18posted 14 years ago

My favorite memory is meeting my childhood hero Stephen King.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

a man who worked with SK on movies was married to my school's nurse in 5th grade.

2. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
      Messenger_of_god8posted 14 years agoin reply to this

BEING A FREE FYING SOUL NOT BOUND BY A BODY OR TRAPPED IN ANY PLANTS AND ANIMALS BEING NOT BEING USED AS A BATTERY FOR THE ENVIRONMENT

1. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60

I ALSO LIKED STEVEN KING AS A CHILD

1. Messenger_of_god8 profile image60
      2. profile image0
        theglobalspiritposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that it was when I got chosen to perform a monologue in the 6th grade Christmas play. I went from being a dork to popular and even landed the boy that I had been chasing for the past 6 years. He broke up with me shortly afterwords however, I was still performing and traveling many years later;-)

3. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
      Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what was that like? What kind of guy was he?

2. heart4theword profile image61
    heart4thewordposted 14 years ago

My favorite childhood memory is having a school teacher, who noticed me.  Took time to put into each student, and recognize their likes and dislikes.  Each student was treated with individuality:)

3. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 14 years ago

I was four years old and it snowed a lot one winter.  There were tall snow drifts by the house and my dad put me on his shoulders so that I was tall enough to reach the top of the drift.

I think my fondest memories all involve my father.

Kate

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

My eighth Christmas, when my parents surprised me with my first pony. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven!

1. drbj profile image78
      drbjposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  5. terrowhite profile image59
    terrowhiteposted 14 years ago

I have many childhood memories.. one of them is my friend brother's gf.. We 3 used to hate her silky hair like hell.. haha.. one day in soem party I ate 4 chewing gums and stick on her hair :d .. she had to cut her hair.. coz the chewing wasn't coming out of her hair and it got struck badly.. we had fun that day lol..

6. H.C Porter profile image81
    H.C Porterposted 14 years ago

When I was a little girl I use to spend my summers in Connecticut with my aunt Mary. I remember her yard being huge-my sister and I use to go pick blue berries off the bush and hide them in our pockets to eat later in the day. My sister and I would watch General Hospital on TV-and then go out to the driveway with chalk in hand and draw out a reenactment of the soap operas high lights. My Aunt is responsible for my sewing and gardening abilities, and taught me how to make home made Italian Salad Dressing and Tabouli. I can remember so vividly the colors and smells of my summers there. I remember sitting on floor in her enclosed porch, with the breeze whistling through the screen door. My Aunt, Uncle, 2 Cousin's, Sister and I would play Uno for hours, while another cousin would show off his talents on his guitar by strumming Tears in Heaven... By far-those summers are my happiest childhood memories.

7. drbj profile image78
    drbjposted 14 years ago

Your first pony! What a remarkable childhood you must have had! How many ponies did you subsequently get? I never had any, but then it's just as well. We lived in the city.

8. Richard Craig profile image61
    Richard Craigposted 14 years ago

Won a GOLD MEDAL for discus in my schools sports day, smashing the record by four meters.  It was the first time i'd really played it.

9. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

the first night in my own apartment

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

My  first stuffed pepper.  Oh,  and cabbage rolls.

11. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Eating whatever I wanted, watching cartoons, riding my bike and skateboard, and visiting my grandma. Good times.

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I have lots of good memories, but maybe the biggest one was the day my mother came home from the hospital with my baby brother.  I was five, so I loved babies.  She had been in the hospital a few days, so having her home and getting the new baby brother to boot made it a big day.  smile  (Little did I know that two years later he'd begun a 14-year-run of teasing me non-stop - but that's a story for another day.  lol  )

1. Jeff Brendan profile image60
      Jeff Brendanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sweet memory tongue

13. profile image58
    ICEMAN84posted 14 years ago

My best child hood memory came in August of 1966 at the age of twelve. I went camping in Yosemite National park with a Boy Scout troop for a week. We back packed about 10 miles into the back country and camped on the shores of Lake Ostrander. We went swimming, hiking and fishing all week. On one hike we walked through a shallow lake. At the far shore the leaders instructed each scout to removes shoes and socks and inspected our feet. It was discovered that while walking through the lake a leech had worked its way into my boot and had attached itself to my right foot. It was great.

To this day I still reminisce about that week and all the fun I had.

I had never had so much enjoyment before this event.

Every boy should have at least on high adventure trip just like it.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

isnt it that it is painful?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

every christmas for me is a wonderful awesome time of the year, and I anticipate it every year, caroling, gifts, family sharing and then Santa..I can never forget the experience of being a child and it is Christmastime

14. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

there is not one, my whole childhood is a best memory. we were a happy, simple family living in the midwest,

sitting on the front porch petting my dog
    catching fireflies and putting them in a jar with holes in the lid
    family dinners together
    dad teaching me how to mow the lawn
    going back and forth to my friends house across the street
    walking to the ballpark every summer night

perhaps you've given me an idea for a hub. smile

nice thread, btw.

15. samsbr profile image41
    samsbrposted 14 years ago

When I went for cinemas to watching movies bunking to my school. LOL smile

16. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Any memory involving family especially those who have passed on

17. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Going on Friday night dump watches in Maine. We used to spend a few weeks every summer at our cabin in Maine. The town was TINY. On Saturday nights everyone went to the movie theater to watch two year old  movies while the bats flew around the ceiling. Sunday mornings was breakfast at the Red Onion Diner. But Friday....sigh

Just about the whole town would drive to the dump (basically a clearing in the woods with a huge heap of garbage). They would park their cars in a circle facing the dump. When the bears came out to feed on the garbage, everyone would turn on their car lights and what a show we had! So much fun!

18. Laura Schneider profile image85
    Laura Schneiderposted 14 years ago

My favorite childhood memory is the night my little sister was born, when I was 4 years old. I stood on the top of the front steps of my house and shouted, "Tonight's the night that Cindy is going to be born, tonight's the night that Cindy is going to be born" at the top of my lungs until my voice was hoarse and it was time for Mom and Dad to go to the hospital and drop me off with a friend/neighbor for the night.

Thank goodness the baby indeed turned out to be a girl because I hated little boys back then!

19. Katharella profile image75
    Katharellaposted 14 years ago

My fondest childhood memories are my dad taking me on walks, holding me upsidedown so I could "walk on the ceiling" smile and taking me downtown to window shop. I learned more from my dad than I think anybody, ever! I was that strange child lol, who was politically aware, socially aware, and inquizative of how things worked, how the world worked and WHY! If dad didn't have the answer, he taught me how to seek it out. One of HIS quotes that will stay with me forever, when I would say "I think it's..." his response was "You cannot THINK, you've got to KNOW." In order to not have to hear that, I got KNOWING smile
    Rest In Peace Dad- 11-14-09.
    For the record, I did not just make these my fondest memories because I just lost my dad. I made them because he taught me the most out of life, sometimes with very few words. Yes, I was the only girl I know, who at age 9 knew how to do a full oil change, and help daddy with car work! I have a poem, called "The Gift" about dad's teaching me life, I'm now inspired to post it on a hub, and dedicate that hub to my dad. I hope some of you look for it to come!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what a wonderful post~ thank you for sharing~~ your father was a wise, loving man, we can see. please post in your hub The Gift. may your heart be at peace.

20. dohn121 profile image83
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

See my hub titled, "First Crush: Reba Ashkar: A Short Story."

I can't say it any better than that smile

21. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Lying under a large willow tree in the summer next to the river with my Grandma sitting next to me when I was 5 months old.  Yup, best and first memory I have.  big_smile

22. bojanglesk8 profile image59
    bojanglesk8posted 14 years ago

Eating ice cream.

23. wolfpack5 profile image61
    wolfpack5posted 14 years ago

I would have to say mine was our tire swing we had, what we used to do is get on the house and wait for that tire to get there and once it started swinging down, we ran and caught it in the air. Stupid hey, that was a blast.  smile

24. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Getting a 410 shotgun for christmas...

25. AnywhereGardener profile image59
    AnywhereGardenerposted 14 years ago

Catching fireflies in jars in the warm summer nights and playing Red Rover, Red Rover with the neighborhood kids.

26. Himitsu Shugisha profile image71
    Himitsu Shugishaposted 14 years ago

This may read weird, but I think my favorite childhood memory was the day I cut my first love's yard. She brought me lemonade and her mother who always gave me the evil eye was actually very sweet to me from that day forward. That was a good day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)