Dreams do turn to reality...Do you believe this?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Dreams do turn to reality...Do you believe this?

If yes, then why people with lots of dreams and ambitions die before its completion?

2. pippap profile image79
    pippapposted 11 years ago

Not all dreams turn to reality; but, I have had some that have.

dghbrhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice to know that actually.
      Thanks

3. dashingscorpio profile image78
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

In therory the answer is yes. Before you (intentionally obtain) anything it usually begins with a thought, vision, or desire. This is true whether one wants a donut, a car, earn a degree, a job, get married or whatever.
    There are two basic truths in life. 1. Nobody gets everything they want! (Therefore ask for and dream as much as possible). 2. Time is the most precious commodity on earth. None of know how much we will get. (Therefore don't live life as though you have a 1000 years to play with).
    One final thought; man is constantly evolving which means our goals and desires tend to change overtime. What was an important goal/dream at age 18 may not be so important to us at age 28 or beyond. Sometimes we come to find out what we have is all we (really) wanted.

Very correctly said. thanks for your response here.

4. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

This is not the case when you know about the eminent chemist who had invented the periodic table. Dreams do turn to reality, but it is contingent on the fortitude you have, the wherewithal, as well as luck.

Thanks for replying here.

5. QudsiaP1 profile image59
    QudsiaP1posted 11 years ago

Dreams do turn into reality but for that to happen; you must be persistent and not lose hope, faith, patience and a sense of destiny. In order to convert dreams you must believe in them.

Many people die who have faith in their dreams and even half done dreams with people die. That surprises me always. Thanks.

6. soconfident profile image72
    soconfidentposted 11 years ago

Not all dreams come to past, but some of mine have, so I kinda believe it.

Thanks and nice to know.

7. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

Not all dreams turn into reality---but in order to achieve great heights in life, you have to have a dream first.
    We all know, we are not here forever. Still we study, learn, fall in love, get married, have children, earn our living, build our home and so on.
    The first half of the life is spent in fulfilling our dreams and the second half, may be in seeing the dreams of our children being fulfilled.
    Life goes on like this. Dreams are unlimited, whereas life is limited.
    Thus we can dream only, as long as we live.

Many thanks for responding here with your view.

8. jaredbangerter profile image75
    jaredbangerterposted 11 years ago

I definitely believe this.  I've seen things that I've always wanted to own / have happen to me / experience that I never would have thought actually possible manifest into reality at an insanely rapid rate over the course of this last year.  The Law of Attraction and the power of manifestation is VERY REAL!  Just do what you need to do and act and think AS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE what you want and, if your karma is in alignment with that which you desire, it shall be granted unto you by the grace of God himself.

Thanks for your reply here.

9. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 11 years ago

We would hope that all dreams do not turn into reality.  I have had some pretty bizarre dreams that would effect you as well as everyone else on this planet. L.O.L.
    I do believe that we have premonitions that are revealed in our dreams, but they can be altered by the dreamer (as some dreams are warnings of impending danger), some dreams take years to come true, and some never will. 
    I had a dream of winning the lottery for $30 million dollars that was so real when i woke up i wasn't sure if it was real of just a dream.  Unfortunately it was only a dream, and not very likely to ever happen.  I have also had dreams that did in fact transpire, usually in reference to a life altering decision. 
    The laws of probability predict that a certain % of your dreams will come true simply by sheer chance, but that percentage is much smaller than those dreams that will never come true.

Thanks for responding here.

10. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe one's dream can become reality with a lot of hard work, dedication, blood, sweat, tears, and maybe some luck also to help it along. I think the key to making one's dream come true is to make it realistic and possible to achieve. For instance, a Female shouldn't have a dream of becoming an NFL Football player. Make it reasonable.

Nice view for sure. Thanks

11. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

No. If it's something that is possible to reach, it's not a dream; it's a goal. If I can reach any of my dreams, I'm not dreaming big enough.

many thanks for expressing your view here.

12. howlermunkey profile image73
    howlermunkeyposted 11 years ago

I sincerely hope not. Last night I dreamt I was a muppet. I think I looked like a smaller version of snuffaluffagus, but was bright red (like animal), and I was smack dab in the middle of NYC. No one seemed to notice me though, maybe thought I was a dog, or from the village.

There I was, wandering through the streets of the big apple, and suddenly,  I saw another muppet across the street. "Im not alone!" I thought.

"HEYYYYY!!!" I yelled....
    and ran across the street as fast as I could to see who it was, when, all of a sudden I got hit by a Limousine......... that Donald Trump just happened to be in.

And, as I lay there, all I could hear was Donald shouting on his cell phone "Hey, I just hit a Muppet with my limo, you gotta see this thing, get down here ASAP"..."Get Down Hear ASAP"........."Get Down here asap"........"Get down here as"............

Then I woke up. Or so I thought.......because all of a sudden I was in a corn field with ET. and you know what that little green alien dude said?

"Donald Trump Want Phone Home".........

1. dashingscorpio profile image78
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

howlermunkey, There is a big difference between a dream and a nightmare! LOL!

2. dghbrh profile image79

yes i quite agree with dashingscorpio.....its kind of nightmare. Thanks anyways

3. d.william profile image74
      d.williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

this is surely the best response of all to this question.  Hilarious. There are 'dreams', 'nightmares', 'aspirations'; 'inspirations'; and 'hopes' that we kinda try to put all in the same category.

13. profile image0
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 11 years ago

I believe not all dreams. There are dream which come like premonitions or warnings and some of them I've seen fulfilled luckily always for the better.

Thanks dear for replying here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)