Can LOVe overcome LIES?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (29 posts)
  1. bituinolayquizano profile image61
    bituinolayquizanoposted 11 years ago

Can LOVe overcome LIES?

If a person constantly lying to you and always have reason in every mistake you find and never tell the truth even you aleady know the truth they constantly deny and try to make you look like a fool but then you love that person would that be enough to cover up those lies.

2. EndlessWords profile image60
    EndlessWordsposted 11 years ago

It depends on what lies he actually told. Having reason in every mistake is either it is that coincidence or he is an ego person. Well, it is always not that coincidence. Sometimes a person doesn't want to tell the truth because he/she just doesn't want the person he/she loves to worry. Well, that is how most people with ego think. So, perhaps you can slowly advise him to try to share more stuffs with you. If there is love between both of you, I believe these can still be resolved. Well, I assume it's a 'he' since you're a 'she'. Hope my opinion helps! -EndlessWords-

bituinolayquizanoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some really people are really born lier i guess...but at tbe end of the day only God knows whats in our heart.thanks for reply hope to hear from you more.

3. frozenink profile image78
    frozeninkposted 11 years ago

I think it depends on the strength of the love. But I personally think that there's a limit to that as well. Put it in this way. In the very end, there will be a last straw that break the camel's back. What I mean is that eventually there will be a lie that the love of a person will not be able to cover - unless the love is limitless.

For limitless love, I think it is very rare to be found on couple but more often between parents and their children.

How do you think, bituinolayquizano ?

Well do love your answer so much you are so right with it.

4. jacobkuttyta profile image45
    jacobkuttytaposted 11 years ago

Love is a good feeling to be exercised in a relationship.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If you are trying to start a relationship with such a person, then you need to be cautious.  It is better to stay away with such a person.  Otherwise you have to bear him/her for your life.

It require wisdom to keep away from such a person.

5. gsteele.ican profile image61
    gsteele.icanposted 11 years ago

Nope... not enough its a sign of your lack of self-worth. In order to grow a tree must shed a branch.  Shed a branch and find someone who loves you for you, not for what they think you should be. You are a magnificent being, created perfectly just the way you are here now!!!!

6. mackyi profile image64
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

WOW! This shouldn't happen, but of course it's a reality. In fact, we see this occurring all the time. This word "Love" can be very confusing at times. However, I won't get into this right now. My opinion is that if a person lies to you constantly, he/she doesn't love you, because if you love a person you can't hurt that person -"Love doesn't hurt". At the same time, the person who is being lied to, apparently, is confusing the word love - How can he/she love a person that constantly lies to him/her? Maybe we need to redefine the word "LOVE"!

Maybe i really have too.

7. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 11 years ago

No! If a person is worthy of your love---this person will not lie to you. Lying to someone is proof of not loving them enough to be truthful. The truth shall set you free---remember that saying always.

Thanks to your appreviatr your time.

8. mariasial profile image64
    mariasialposted 11 years ago

For me saying lie is like doing cheating ... Love cannot go along with cheating so lies are not acceptable except once or twice.

Love cannot cover the lies  however you can ignore the mistakes and lies temperary because of love in your heart

9. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 11 years ago

In today's world even if we believe and say that Love can actually change things around then out of 10 only may be 2 would believe it in reality and on that also we cannot be sure. But apart from all the odds in the world ,the truth would never change and that is if your love is above self desires and you are actually in the thought to change the person you are in love with than things can change.
    To change your love you first need be strong on your thoughts and feelings because loving someone and being selfless is very difficult and the road ahead is not easy enough.

If we really want someone to change and not lie to us then we need to first give them some space to let them feel that you care for them and unlike others there is a lot that they can share with you by which they will have support ,guidance ,suggestions,etc.You have to be different for the person and not use the methods what others do use to change them. If your love is strong then calmly and with patience keep giving love but try to nurture it with believe ,and trust.Do not try to become a detective after the person because to change a person it is first important to gain their trust and then love would automatically follw the path .Patience,Love,care,difference in nature,support,suggestion and not shouting are few weapons that can be tried here,.this may sound little awkward but it would surely work.

10. jhendor profile image69
    jhendorposted 11 years ago

it surely can.
    if they start to trust themselves, lies will stop

11. Oscarlites profile image68
    Oscarlitesposted 11 years ago

If there was strong relationship to start with, then imagine it being like each time they lie, they are pulling a nail out of the house you live in.   You can ignore it, but someday it will fall around you.. Honesty and truth are important in a relationship, just like nails hold your house together. Lying is like trying to make the walls stand up without nails.  when a wind blows it will fall.  Respect yourself enough to insist on the truth. Lies are the opposite of truth. Love is Pure. they don't mix well. Love stands up.

You are right it seems like they are dangerous mixture.

12. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

If possible, try to separate yourself from the relationship for a bit and ask yourself a few questions.  How does he or she make you feel about yourself?  Do you feel loved?  Has there been any progress toward the truth, or just new ways to lie?

A great book to help sort out this type of relationship is, "Women Who Love Too Much."  It helps you identify whether you're hanging on in a relationship because you think it could be or will be different (better) one day.

It also helps you assess whether you're allowing yourself to recognize how the person really makes you feel NOW. What you have today is what you will likely have in the future. Loving someone won't make them change, and it's important to ask yourself if this person, as they are right now, meets your needs.

A person who lies to that degree is a 'pathological liar,' which means lying is a huge part of who they are. It's extremely difficult to change that, and often, the liar doesn't want to change.

In reading what you've said here, you haven't mentioned him loving you, or that you feel good about the relationship. It would indeed be painful to break up, and it requires strength, but it sounds like you're in pain now, and very confused.  Take care of yourself, and decide whether this is how you want to keep feeling.

Best of luck - you deserve good things and happiness!

Thank you to your comment i really appreciate your effort,i would love tovread that book too.your right i'm in much pain right now and trying to recover soon.

13. shampa sadhya profile image75
    shampa sadhyaposted 11 years ago

Love and lie cannot be together. Serious kind of lie which makes the other party look like a fool then I think love will have no trust. When there is no trust then that love is also fake. So, for me love cannot overcome lies rather lies subside love. Lighthearted lies are fine but one day it must be disclosed then only love gets its due.

14. kingsingh profile image58
    kingsinghposted 11 years ago

I do not think so. Love is based on honesty.

15. miscellanea profile image62
    miscellaneaposted 11 years ago

Yes it can cuz when you love you no longer lie, thought you have to lie from time to time to make that love last, but anyway it does overcome lies and im talking about my experience

16. kwade tweeling profile image82
    kwade tweelingposted 11 years ago

Lies mixing with love is always a dangerous situation. Without knowing the exact circumstance, I couldn't give my full opinion. However, I will do my best.

To love someone and have them lying to you is always painful. To love someone and be committed, while they are not, is cruel. Most people don't intend their actions to be cruel, but intent and outcome are not always the same. If a person is constantly lying to you, their commitment is not the same as yours. Their love for you, even if it is great, does not overpower their commitment to the lies. In the end, you must decide if it's worth living that way. And how long it can last.

Unless you are already in a committed relationship with someone lying to you, I would steer clear. Going into a relationship knowing they are lying, will build a relationship on a foundation of lies. There is no reason to think it will stop. If you commit to them, you can expect the lies to continue.Eventually, something will break and the longer it waits, the more awful it will be.

If you are already committed to them, only you can decide to let go. The longer it lasts, the worse it will be. Talking may bring resolution, but if you cannot trust their word, that makes it harder.

Love knows no bounds. Love will defy all obstacles and bloom where it chooses. That does not mean love alone will smooth over all issues. Love defies obstacles, it does not clear them away. At some point, we must decide what we do with our love.

Thank you so muchi love your answer.

17. Monis Mas profile image71
    Monis Masposted 11 years ago

Lies are the one thing that I absolutely can't stand. How can I ever trust you again, if I caught you feeding me lies? Even if there are just little lies, it doesn't fly with me, because then I think: "if you have to lie about something so unimportant, what else you got up your sleeve?"

18. LouTucci profile image73
    LouTucciposted 11 years ago

simply put darlin' - love means never to say you're sorry. Seems like there's been too many apology's said in this relationship*

19. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

I have a tendency to believe that love conquers all.......but when it comes to lies, being deceitful and dishonest with the person you're allegedly in love with and sharing your life with...sounds like a pretty serious issue, that may require some outside, professional help.
    People have numerous reasons for continually being untruthful.  This does not make it acceptable, but since you state that you love this person, you may want to investigate and analyze before ending the relationship.
    At least you will be confident you gave it your all, before making a final decision.

Thank to your comment i'm trying to do my best these days i hope i could heal real soon.

20. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Each of us is responsible for our own happiness. If one does not enjoy being lied to and being made to look like a fool then they have the option of not associating with that individual. We get to set our own standards or "deal breakers".
    Some people love others more than they love themselves. Whenever that is the case they will always (find a reason to stay) in unhappy relationships. However instead of blaming "the other person" they need to look in the mirror. It's important to remember you can't control anyone other than yourself. If you don't like something but continue to stay, your (actions) speak louder than your words.
    One man's opinion! :-)

1. kwade tweeling profile image82
      kwade tweelingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)