Is Hubpages a site for Christians Only?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

Is Hubpages a site for Christians Only?

Someone told me that it was a Christian Site  Who is telling them this?

2. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 11 years ago

Religion has no bearing on Hubpages, I have been here for almost 7 years and have met many people from many religions here and people who have no religion too.....jimmy

3. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 11 years ago

It certainly seems to have its fair share of tub thumping, Bible bashers, it also seems to have its fair share of tub thumping, Christian bashing Atheists.  Both sides saying, me, me, what I say is truth.  I think that now Islam is starting to try and get in on the act.

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

No!  HubPages is NOT a site for Christians only.   It is an open site where everyone is welcome.

If there are people out there claiming HubPages is a Christian site, then that explains a lot.  For the last couple of years, there have been hordes of Christians on the forums, behaving as if they owned the place, and that anyone who dares question them is out of line. If they think it's a Christian site, then I can see why they're upset at being challenged. 

I hope this misconception can be laid to rest!

Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It does explain a lot!  Too many are using it as a pulpit and the one person whom told another hubber that it was a Christian Site, I would like to know how they got that.  Nowhere does it say that it is a Christian site.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a great pity because we used to have a bunch of people who were able to debate religion with great intelligence and insight -  Christians, agnostics and atheists.  All the reasonable people have walked away.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

If it is, I'm in the wrong place. I'm trying to bring as much Satan to this site as possible by writing almost exclusively about heavy metal music and horror movies.
    (NOTE: I keed, I keed!)

1. Georgie Lowery profile image89
      Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I KNEW IT! wink

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

(Satanic voice) Join me, Georgie. Join meeeeeeeee!!

3. Georgie Lowery profile image89

Do you have cookies?

4. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

(Grunting death metal voice) Cooooooookieeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!

5. Georgie Lowery profile image89

Well, if they're chocolate chip, you can count me in. I'll do almost anything for cookies. smile

6. profile image0
    Anonymous00posted 11 years ago

I've never heard of this. I couldn't see it being plausible.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

No it is not a Christian site. But so many Christians want to use it for evangelism. I am a Christian but totally do not agree with using these kinds of places to attempt to spread the Word.

I am also a Christian and do some of my own spreading the word.  The difference is that I don't tell anyone they R going to Hell or beat them with the Bible or use it as a sword to "convert".I am not a robot for someone else.

2. ELIORA profile image67
      ELIORAposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We need to do what the Lord has called us to do and its is a free country (at the moment).  If they don't like our articles then no one is forcing them to read them.  On the other hand we may really bless some.  Keep writing God bless.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Pchizophrenia, is when teens hear people telling them what to do.  They can't tell the difference if real or not.  HP Is NOT a place for Christians ONLY, period.  Not for converting or browbeating or brainwashing..

8. Little Grandmommy profile image59
    Little Grandmommyposted 11 years ago

Any subject written on will contain the views and beliefs of it's writer, whatever they may be.  None of us is tied up and forced to read the hubs on this site.  If I don't agree with the belief system or subject matter, I simply don't read it.  All political views, religious views, etc. are probably represented here.  Hubpages is for everyone, regardless of belief system.

9. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 11 years ago

Well I have been around for nearly five years and I never got the impression that this site has a soft corner for any faith. I have observed people from all faiths merrily discussing their concepts of what is right and what is wrong, and presenting their views. Even atheists have left their "Mark" here!

BTW the "word" will spread all by itself irrespective of whether someone gives it flight or not! smile smile smile

10. profile image0
    paxwillposted 11 years ago

The correct answer is that it's a site for Christians to tell atheists they're going to hell while writing poems about Jesus' love,  and for conspiracy theorists to discuss the New World Order confiscating everyone's Bible and guns and forcing them to learn evolutionary theory.

11. Georgie Lowery profile image89
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

Well, if HubPages is for Christians only, I guess I have to go. Truthfully, there are quite a few religions that are oppressive, even if they're not intending to be. I've seen the forums and some of the questions and answers here and even some of the Hubs that leave less than stellar impressions of their authors. Apparently co-existing is impossible for some and others find it unacceptable that some of us don't want to hear "the word." I usually skip over those folks.

I don't believe that HubPages has any official statements regarding any official religion of the company. I would hope they would not do that and they probably wouldn't, in the interest of business.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)