Do you think the Holy Bible is one of God's greatest gifts?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image53
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

Do you think the Holy Bible is one of God's greatest gifts?

I have given this question a lot of thought lately. I've wondered where would we be right now if it did not exist. How would we even know God of the Bible? Or for that matther our Lord Jesus Christ. Is the fact that it exist a miracle?

2. howtobeasuccess profile image66
    howtobeasuccessposted 11 years ago

For me yes, the best source of the Words of God is the Bible. The life of our Lord Jesus Christ is written in the Bible in details. Since we know God in the Bible, it is definitely one of His greatest gifts to us. We are encouraged everyday to read the Bible since it would help us know more about our Creator and Redeemer. Since it is a gift, we have to give it more value. The problem with a lot of people today is that they do have a bible at home, but they do not have the time to read its content. Every day, God is on a constant invitation for you to read His words and to know Him better through the Bible. it is a gift from God, so we have to take care of it and give it high value.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

howtobeasuccess- Thanks for your comment. I agree. I wish that every bible that exist would be in the hands of someone. There are bibles in many home left untouched. I wish all that have them would take the time to read it.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, the Bible is our book for life. There are answers to any questions we may have, or troubles we may face. Saying that, I do not think Christians could live a life pleasing to God without his "Instructions." But, I must say the greatest gift ever given is our salvation through God's grace and our savior Jesus Christ. God bless you always.

1. profile image53

JThomp42- Thanks for your comment. What I love about the bible is its richness of many things within it.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely my friend.

4. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

It is a pointer to God's greatest Gift. Messiahs are also pointers as well as the gift. They want us to re-awaken it also. They speak of love, forgiveness, compassion, Grace, salvation and above all the peace that passeth human understanding. These are the gifts. Messiah's point us to the gifts. All forms of attachments are very different to devotion and leads to bigotry, sects and cults.
    Perhaps you kissed your daughter lovingly a.m; perhaps you offered gratitude for being alive; perhaps you helped an old woman across the street. Perhaps you forgave the buddhist who you perceived to have done you wrong. What beautiful gifts!!

1. profile image53

manatita44- thank you for your comment. It points to many gifts. His Grace, are Lord Jesus,forgiveness, the Glory of His Kingdom  and the list goes on and on. Where would we be without all these revelation?

2. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure, we need all these revelations, my brother. I am happy, extremely happy with your chosen path, but I also feel that in true service, we need to uplight those who may not follow our path or even speak of one. Love is the key. Much love.

5. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

I take you last question as a truth. A "proofer" will always turn to the bible to refute it. They have been doing so since before there was a New Testament. In other words in the last 1900 years even non believers have turned to the bible for answers. Any other writing and this would not occur.

So I believe fully that the Bible is a miracle in and of itself and merely discussing it is proof of that fact.

I do not think that knowledge, "knowing" Jesus Christ is contingent on the bible. But the Bible is our surest way to understand how Christ is in our lives whether we accept him or not. Which brings us back to the miracle of the bible.

1. profile image53

Eric- As always I thank you for your answer. I believe your right. The fact we can talk about it is a miracle in and of itself.

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

Thanks goodness God had the foresight to give us his word so that we can know him. If there were no God there would be no bible. His gift to us? Yes. God did not leave humans in the predicament of not knowing Him.

1. profile image53

Thank you for this wonderful answer brotheryochanan. I couldn't agree with you more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)