What are the benefits of being a morning person?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (26 posts)
  1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 11 years ago

What are the benefits of being a morning person?

2. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7740165_f260.jpg

Well I must answer this to defend my addiction to early mourns; thus, you may (also) discern that it is habitual rather than solely a product of optimizing one's time...
    I find the early mourn ideal for walking our Belgian Malinois; our "hood" is peaceful, alive with birds and other wildlife, the adjacent roads are quiet without the sustenance of numerous groups of 4 wheels on pavement. There is a tangible tranquility to our area that does not exist at most other times.
    My addiction to the drug, named cafeine (am I a cafeind?) is significant; thus, a walk to our "hood's" Starbucks is usually in the cards with a discussion about life on their patio with other "mourners."  Since I live in the deep-south to enjoy the outdoors during our significantly sticky and hot summers, the early rise seems to be a coping strategy to maximize my time outside...
    I will conclude with this; since I play old timer's ice hockey every Saturday most religiously at 6:30 A.M.; mourn becomes my harbinger of boyish delight.

stricktlydatingposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haha! Thanks for your original and honest comment!

3. cebutouristspot profile image79
    cebutouristspotposted 11 years ago

you get to do/setup thing before everybody else.  You get to have a quiet time to time.  I find it that being a morning person make me accomplish more due to lesser distraction.

4. Cyndi10 profile image85
    Cyndi10posted 11 years ago

In early morning, I haven't quite lost that state of mind that sleep puts you in, one that is so open to the new and the possible. No interactions with others, reality isn't intruding yet so I find it the best time to get some thoughts down. I'm at my most creative and productive and, oddly, at my laziest and most laid back. Besides, morning has a special kind of hush, like the world is poised for something to happen.
    The coffee is at its best, too!

What a beautiful way to describe the morning, thanks Cyndi10!

5. Cristale profile image83
    Cristaleposted 11 years ago

Being a morning person allows for peaceful and quiet time while the rest of the world is asleep. Also watching the sun rise with some coffee is a great way to start each day.

To have a sun rise view in the morning as you have a coffee sounds lovely!

6. Tashaonthetown profile image83
    Tashaonthetownposted 11 years ago

You can achieve so much more by being a morning person and it helps to motivate those who are not ready and fresh to start the day!

7. profile image0
    Kena Bladelposted 11 years ago

You have much time to do your stuff, first plan your day and when you wake up, you have more strength to get along the day, the opposite when you wake up late... Your brain is more loose, you have more energy and you see clearer.

8. TCaro profile image80
    TCaroposted 11 years ago

You can get a lot done and have much of the day free for other things

9. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 11 years ago

(1)  The sunrise and all the inspiration it brings (quiet time).
    (2)  Less traffic in the house if everyone is not a morning person; get much done.
    (3)  Half your work done when others are just beginning.

10. Cathy Fidelibus profile image75
    Cathy Fidelibusposted 11 years ago

When I get up early I am able to exercise and straighten up the house, do some laundry and still have plenty of time for my true loves which are writing and art and even have time for my family.

When I get going late, I may skip exercise and any chores which just doesn't set me up for having a successful day. I feel unorganized and may feel a little stressed.

11. profile image0
    thewritingowlposted 11 years ago

I wouldn't know personally as it takes me two cups of tea some days just to feel human but I have improved somewhat over the years. When I can't sleep and I wake up really early and the house is very quite (i.e. my children are still fast asleep) it is a great time to get some writing done. My mind is more alert and creative. Anything I write early in the morning needs less editing and is usually more spontaneous than at any other time of the day. So for me writing first thing is a pleasure but just don't expect me to be sociable until at least 10 a.m. until I've had time to gather my thoughts.

Yes I understand what you mean about having some quite time and being unsociable! Thanks for commenting thewritingowl!

12. Author Cheryl profile image82
    Author Cherylposted 11 years ago

Getting a head start of everyone else, accomplishing things early and being more upbeat then others

13. Jrog86 profile image61
    Jrog86posted 11 years ago

The early bird catches the worm isn't that far away from the truth. I always seem to get in higher spirits or accomplish more with my day whenever I wake up early. The problem is I am in no way shape or form a morning person. I find myself having an internal struggle every morning my alarm goes off with whether to hit the snooze button or not.

14. Ciel Clark profile image72
    Ciel Clarkposted 11 years ago

You can greet late-risers by saying,  "Good  morning--oh, I mean good afternoon,"  and watch in amusement as they stumble around.  I think that's why morning people like to get up first -- then they can have a peaceful groggy stumble without comments from the peanut gallery.

Actually, I do like mornings a lot --just prefer to see them at the end of the night before I go to bed.

15. Bishop55 profile image90
    Bishop55posted 11 years ago

smile  I don't know, but I sure hope people reply so I can figure it out.  I'm a total night owl.   I'm up early because I have no choice, and I've hated it since I was 15.  I'm 33.

I must admit I'm a bit of a night owl too, and that's when I usually get my writing done.

16. spsingh profile image59
    spsinghposted 11 years ago

You can do lot of good thing for you or your loved ones see this hub for benefits of morning man.
    http://spsingh.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … ch-efforts

17. kndashy41 profile image73
    kndashy41posted 11 years ago

To me, the benefits of being a morning person is that I am the cheeriest person at work (smile) and I get to have some quiet time when the rest of the world is fast asleep.

18. Miller2232 profile image60
    Miller2232posted 11 years ago

The only benefit of being a morning person is not being grouchy when the sun begins to rise.

19. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I try to end my day by 2:00 p.m. so getting up in the early morning allows me to get a lot done during the early part of the day, when many people in my world are still sleeping or just beginning their day. I have more uninterrupted time.

That sounds like a good plan!

20. healthyfitness profile image72
    healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

I think the sunrise is beautiful plus our bodies are just naturally made to function in the day time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)