Is there a song which reminds you of a special moment in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Anna Haven profile image71
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

Is there a song which reminds you of a special moment in your life?

Songs just like all written works have different meanings to different people. Is there a particular song which brings back memories of an important time in your life?

2. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

So many songs I relate to, from the Beatles to classic hymns, too many to detail. The one that stands out above all others is a piece of classical music from Wagner, Flight of the Valkyries. When my first son was born in 1990 that piece of music seemed to be around in the house - I'd hear it on the radio and would also play the tape from time to time.
    It's inspiring uplifting music so much so I got the urge to pick up my new born son and 'fly' him round the room to this awesome string music!! I could lift him above my head with two hands and zoom him out the door, down the corridor, back to his little bed. He loved it.
    Now he's 22 years old, 6 feet 1, and it's a real struggle lifting him up when that music comes on!!

1. dghbrh profile image81
      dghbrhposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really remembered the same thing. Me and my son..taking him in my arms and dance to the tunes of many songs but now he has grown up to be 12 years and almost tall as me. Those time and these songs :-)

2. Anna Haven profile image71
      Anna Havenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Chef-de-jour, I loved the way you described how you flew your son around. Dgbrh,  I remember the dancing to lots of songs as well. Usually in front of the big mirror which created endless giggles, happy memories smile

3. sarahmoose profile image66
    sarahmooseposted 11 years ago

Jack Johnson 'Better Together' - first dance at my wedding.
    Madness 'Baggy Trousers' - always used to listen to this as a kid with my dad.

The Madness songs remind me of school discos! Thankyou for answering Sarahmoose.

4. LKMore01 profile image63
    LKMore01posted 11 years ago

"How Deep is Your Love" by the Bee Gees was my Mom's favorite song. She and my father used to to dance together. They are both gone now. If I hear the song on a radio station or in a movie it's almost like she is saying, '"hello".

That is a lovely memory to keep of them dancing together.  Thankyou for taking the time to read and answer my question.

5. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 11 years ago

Several!  Being on the downside of 50, genres remind me of times in my life, not just songs.  But certain songs certainly conjour up where I was at the time.  Music is an awesome way to re-live the good times in life!

Thankyou for answering Bravewarrior smile Your right, certain genres do relate to specific past periods. I think that it is amazing how hearing a song just takes you back instantly to past times.

6. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 11 years ago

Many songs and many moments. Haha. Good question!

Thankyou for answering daydreamer13 smile

7. Sarah Willey profile image54
    Sarah Willeyposted 11 years ago

I can relate to a lot of songs. One song would be "In The Garden"  because it always inspires me. Another song would be "I'll Fly Away" because it reminds me that when someone dies they go to a better place.

Thankyou for answering Sarah. The reason you like "I'll Fly Away,' is such a good one, it does make  losing people a little easier knowing they are safe and happy.

8. profile image0
    KEPitzposted 11 years ago

There's LOTS of them! Voodoo by Godsmack reminds me of when I paroled out of prison (long story), Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen takes me back to high school - BEFORE I made the bad choices that ended with me in prison (lol), and Only Makes Me Laugh by Oingo Boingo reminds me of when my son started elementary school and we'd sing together on the ride to and from school. smile

Anna Havenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is hard to choose songs KEPitz. Thank you for answering. smile

9. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

Yes, there are several, one was Johnny Get Angry by Joanie Summers, which I sang on the radio in a singing contest and I dedicated it to my boyfriend (now my hubby) and he heard it on his way to work and almost had an accident.
    Another was Top of the World as I wrote about in a Tribute to Lynn Anderson.

10. CrisSp profile image73
    CrisSpposted 8 years ago

Yes, "Times of Your Life~ Paul Anka"...not that I am morbid but I think I want that song in my funeral. And, Michael Jackson's "One Day In Your Life". Ironically, they both have "life" in the title. smile

11. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

There are a lot that I associate with when I left school, moved out of home and started my first job. These were on the radio then: Cracklin Rosie and Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond, Run Joey Run and Last Game of the Season by David Geddes, and Slip Slidin' Away by Paul Simon.

12. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 8 years ago

I fell in love with my Hubby as we danced our first slow dance to Jackie Gleason's orchestra's love songs.  "Blue Moon" is just one of many!

13. Araaz profile image60
    Araazposted 7 years ago

"Thats my name" is the song which I have been hearing since many years and I still enjoy it..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)