Gulliver Has Landed ...

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

In Australia. He'll need intensive care to help him deal him with his adiction issues. The worst (I'm told) are his incessant attempts to bikini watch. It's potentially illegal I imagine and I hope he gets it under control.

I'm not sure what he'll be doing in the next few days but I'm hoping he gets some Goat Riding in. The new, cheaper alternitive to horse riding. For small bears.

If you're on the same continent, or close-ish, please let me know if you'd like to have a very messed up bear to stay. I'm sure he'll soon need to move one smile

2. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

Lololol... Darkside. I didn't know he was an Australian. smile No better keeper for an addicted bear than him. smile

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm glad Gulliver made it safely to his new vacation spot.

4. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

Glad he made it to his next destination!! I still want him when he gets to the states. Sorry if my changing accounts made a mess with that?

5. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

He's suffering from a bit of jet lag. Tomorrow he's going to find out what a bit of farm life is like.

The kangaroos and wallabies are a little shy, but the goat, sheep and chickens love the camera.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Kinda hoped Pearldiver mighta taken him in for a few days ,not that Id be hinting for whitebait or anything like that lol

Oh Oh Darkside dont forget to getta pic with bear with a koala,imagine that  bear face off lol

7. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

@ Pacal ... it's good to broaden ones' knowledge wink

@ Jane me too. I'm assuming he hasn't been interfered with on this occasion. Poor Gulliver hmm

Red no, it's not a problem. Though I'm hoping TwoHeads Eric shows his mush and has the bear for a few days. And one or two others that are nearer to Darkside.

Darkside, apparently he likes wine. Coffee and cigarettes. And don't let him near your pc. Best to feed him peanut butter. Sticky paws are sure to keep him busy.

Oh ... and don't wear a bikini and let him see you in it. There'll be pictures no doubt wink

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I don't think they wear bikinis in Oz do they? Fair dinkum, that's for whingeing poms only.......

Sorry about all the addictions - he just wanted to be like me. Maybe a few days sheep shagging or whatever it is Darkside has arranged for him to ride will lessen the cravings. I would think 10 days of cold turkey in transit helped as well. smile

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can well imagine why he wanted to be you Mark. All the time he's spent in my bed didn't do a thing for him. Seems a few days with you and well ... you know wink

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I respectfully submit that you, Mark, could be an alter ego for most of us here. As for Darkside's present condition and status, I'm not only merely jealous, I'm really quite sincerely jealous. (Spin from the Wizard of Oz.)

I don't suppose munchkins and lilliputians mix very well, do they?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh crap!

Now I am worried that I might actually be some one's alter ego. I need  to go do some work - make sure I am me.

I'll be back.

or not................

1. profile image0
          rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha. I hate it when I find out I am somebody else

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not to worry. I'm pretty sure we're all psychotic here, and we will never know if you are me and I am you, or he is she or....

Well, you get my drift, I assume....

9. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I wish I were Gulliver (not because I want to be looking at bikinis, by any means, but because we, way up here in New England, USA, won't be having any bikini-weather temperatures for a good long time now.  hmm  Down into the deep, dark, depths of cold Winter we head.....  mad

1. profile image0

you said you werent getting depressesd this year!!! its supposed to warm up a little this weekend, and at least the rain stopped

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  Oops - thanks for reminding me.  It's actually a beautiful, beautiful, day here - so who needs beach weather...    (That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)  smile

10. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Well we are glad that he made it through Customs without a scratch. lolololo big_smile

AEvans I'm assuming that antipodean customs chaps are a little adverse to anal probing. Of any kind. Unlike the french smile

And Mark - check behind the glasses and down the sides of your socks. If you're not 'you', the other 'you' will be more evident. Unless the other you doesn't wear socks and glasses.

*wanders off, wondering on lifes little mysteries. and big ones too*

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehehhehe lolololo big_smile

11. Pearldiver profile image65
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Cool... Good to know that the bear got to OZ...
    Hopefully his stitching is still stitched; but you never know with the 'mounting' security at Ozie airports! 
    This trip must be devastating for him!
    When you Ockers have corrupted him some more... send him to Bumble Town NZ and I'm taking him Fishing. lol

Email the DarkOne. He gets to choose where Gulliver goes next. That was the agreement. The bear got to travel at the benevolence of others. He agreed. He thinks it's an especially good idea after Bikini Watch hmm

1. Pearldiver profile image65
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll find that he has several to visit in OZ first: Or were you just getting his passport stamped?

Can't go Downunder without visiting NZ.. Besides he is booked to lead a Haka in Rotorua! It took alot of convincing to ensure he wouldn't end up in a pot there. smile

No, he can't. I should email my family in NZ and have them put him up. But they probably do dumb stuff after a few pints. It's a Yorkshireman thing. I think. Or maybe it's just a general 'how to act dumb when drunk' thing.

And my family are from Rotorua. Or at least migrated there. My cousins had the rugby haka as their uni thingy.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Feelin homesick now , go bear ,go bear smile ka mate ka mate tongue

2. profile image0

im an expert seamstress. i sew clothing and have had to butterly stitch kids. if something happens, i can set him right

3. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll be hitting up a few other Aussies to see the sights and we'll figure out an itinerary. But we'll make sure that after Australia (and Tasmania) that the next country is New Zealand. And you can be the first stop.

12. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Have fun Gulliver! hehe

13. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If possible I'd like him to be here (in Canada) the week of October 9th to 17th for Oktoberfest. If not, we can make it next year smile

Wow! That would be great UW smile Whether he'll get there - I don't know. It took him a while to go france ยป oz. Maybe I'll have to bring him myself wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)