What if each of us on hubpages would click an ad that interests us each time we'

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 11 years ago

What if each of us on hubpages would click an ad that interests us each time we're on a page?

I NEVER click on any ads, but I had a student once from Vietnam who was going to college, working several jobs, and sending money to his brother across the country to start a restaurant.  I asked why he worked so hard to help his brother and he said "I help him now, he helps me later, we go back and forth like that.   The concept of friends helping friends in a business seems powerful to me.  I'm NOT saying we should click on ads randomly, but if something interests us, we could explore and view the ad, right?  It would be interesting to try this next week to see what will happen.

2. carol7777 profile image76
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

I believe, according to HubPages we are not to do this. Not totally sure on this though. I am sure you will get some answers to this.

Billie Kelpinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

C, clicking on one's OWN ads on ur hub/site is always forbidden. BUT if I read a hub of yours 'n you're running an ad that attracks me, why couldn't I click? My point is that I simply NEVER click on ANY ads and know many people don't. Maybe we should

3. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

That is against the HP terms of service and AdSense as well.  It would result in HP possibly getting all their ads yanked and it's not worth the risk.  If you want to help out pin or tweet the hubs you find interesting.

You misunderstand me.  I'm talking about actually looking at an ad and if we're INTERESTED, click on it.  I NEVER look at an ad on any website.  How can the web exist if people aren't either willing to LOOK at ads or to DONATE?

2. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't change the fact that it is against HP's and Google's Terms of Service.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image84

I have several actual websites 'n have since '95.  I understand TOS. But, if I like an ad on YOUR hub, am I supposed to log out n try to find that product on the web somewhere? I'm saying NOTICE others' ads and if you like them,click. Is that WRONG?

4. Billie Kelpin profile image84
    Billie Kelpinposted 11 years ago

Again, to make myself very clear, I'm trying to say this:  As a writer, I happen to think on the side of the brain that doesn't notice details. (My husband, the software engineer, notices EVERY detail and is constantly trying new things. We have cookies in our house named "Whoo Hoo" or something that I would NEVER have tried.) Never noticing details,  I therefore NEVER click on ANY ads.  I'm assuming other writers are like me! All I'm saying is that when reading another person's hub, we might benefit each other by NOTICING the ads.  Then, IF and only IF, the product is something we might be interested in, take 2 seconds to click and explore.  Last night, I noticed an air freshner ad on a fellow hubbers' page.  I clicked and found those reeds that absorb oil that I couldn't find ANYWHERE except Pier 1.  Now I know where to get them. So today, after reading Christin S's comment on my question, I went to one of HER hubs on MINT fragrance.  There was an ebay ad there, so I clicked and found the most WONDERFUL oils and purchased a "Buy 3, Get one Free" offer.  Now I have frankincese, rosemary, pachouli, and wood cedar coming in the mail, all because of the ad on a fellow hubbers page. SURELY that can't be against the hubpages TOS.  Was I supposed to log OUT of hubpages, go to ebay and search for that ad?  That is not the spirit of TOS as I interpret it.  Maybe I'm wrong and if so, we can ignore the suggestion that we start noticing other people's ads.  I just don't think we're prohibited from clicking on ads of other hubbers hubs if we truly are interested in the product.  I've had commercial websites since 1995 and I run google adsense, amazon, and other ads there. I get google income on ads even if no one clicks! However, if they do click or purchase something on Amazon, etc. I get a tiny percentage.  I NEVER click on ads on my own website nor on my own ads on hubpages. I just think we can benefit from noticing each others' ads here and clicking if we see something we like.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In 6 yrs I've seen this asked several times; the answer received was always that we are not to click our own or other Hubbers' ads. TOS is that asking any end user to click on our ads is fraudulent, so a suggestion to notice/click seems against TOS.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image84

Patty, thanks!  Well, I guess I was wrong.  I'll wait for a few hours and remove this question.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)