If you had to be a flower, what kind of flower would you be?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (40 posts)
  1. MarieAlana1 profile image68
    MarieAlana1posted 11 years ago

If you had to be a flower, what kind of flower would you be?

Would you be your favorite flower? If so, what kind of flower is that?

2. fiboptic profile image60
    fibopticposted 11 years ago

Don't post these things in ART AND DESIGN!

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Easy there, there's no harm done. It's just a question.

2. fiboptic profile image60
      fibopticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thing is that those following "art and design" get notifications about "this". Not what this category is for, flowers  and wanna-be's ... I'm cool, but come on!

3. MarieAlana1 profile image68
      MarieAlana1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lots of people who do art such as painting do self-portraits. These portraits may be of the human face or something that they believe to be like. In the same way, those who do sculpture may do a flower because they think themselves of like a flower.

4. fiboptic profile image60
      fibopticposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OK, that's a point of view Marie, a bit farfetched but I get your point... Maybe I woud have formulated the question differently then...

3. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

I'd be a teasel for a season. These are beautiful wild flowers that are fairly common here in the UK. They're a slender yet strong plant, often seen rising high above the undergrowth. The leaves are a nice minty green, spear shaped, and at the bottom of the stem grow large and spiky. They point up which is unusual and get smaller towards the top. Rain water sometimes collects in them.

It can grow to about 6 feet high. The flower doesn't look like a flower in the normal sense. It's a dome shaped cone made of thin spikes and has a subtle purple colour when seen in a certain light. Overall an impressive yet odd looking flower.

1. Rod Rainey profile image79
      Rod Raineyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I read somewhere that teasels can cure Lyme disease. Nice choice, I like them too.

2. MarieAlana1 profile image68

You picked a plant that cures a disease? I'm all in! I would love to be someone who could heal.

4. jennshealthstore profile image80
    jennshealthstoreposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7803366_f260.jpg

Someone posted this picture on Facebook the other day. When I saw it I thought it was very unique and beautiful. It is called a dragon rose. I think  I would choose this flower. I suppose it is rare and I have never seen a flower that looks like this before.

I love this picture! It is something to really pay attention to. If I had to be a flower I would want to be one that is very unique and beautiful as well. I would just hope that everyone recognizes my beauty and does not step on me.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

A rose. A rose is graceful, beautiful and elegant and it smells good.

Painting yourself as a rose may mean that you see yourself as graceful, beautiful, and elegant, but you also like to smell good. Good Choice!

6. kidscrafts profile image74
    kidscraftsposted 11 years ago

If I was a flower, I would be a bird of paradise.  They are elegant, they have bright colours, they are so different from other flowers...and they must grow in warm climat :-)

7. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7810110_f260.jpg

In my slanted and warped mind that is primarily occupied by my hobby, if I had to be a flower I would indeed like to be "the flower" or if you will the great Guy Lafleur. His nickname was/is :the flower" and he is a Hall of Fame NHL hockey player who spent most of his career with the Montreal Canadians (Habs)...

hmmm... I wonder why he is "the flower."

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Alana, his name "La fleur" is French for "the flower".

3. MarieAlana1 profile image68

Oh! I guess that is true.

4. kidscrafts profile image74
      kidscraftsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

His nickname is "the flower" because of his last name.  "Lafleur" means "the flower" in English.

5. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 11 years agoin reply to this

La - fleur , I think may mean flower in French...

6. MarieAlana1 profile image68

connorj, yes, it does. I just had a dense moment today while reading your answer.... lol

8. Mike Marks profile image58
    Mike Marksposted 11 years ago

one day I sat in a botanical garden in the Bronx and considered the idea that everything is alive unto itself, people and flowers and the bench I sat on, and thought what a drag it would be for me to be a bench... then I thought maybe whatever we are is exactly what we want to be, no matter what I might complain about I am the very person who has the very things he loves to complain about, and that bench loves being a bench... the dragon rose posted on this page is beautiful but can it take pleasure in how beautiful it appears, can it see its own beauty, smell its own fragrance, or can it feel the pleasure jennshealthstore feels by growing in her garden, the communion with soil and rain and yes, its usefulness to bugs or insects... does it feel the sunshine fill it to blossom, does it love that, does its experience alter if it is red or yellow rather than purple, does it receive less care and love, would it stand clearly visable apart from the bushel or perfer cluster amongst the touch of other flowers... its fragile design more sensitive to the touching breeze... one day as pettles floating to separation upon that cushion of breeze

I've been meditating on almost the same thing this week.

9. Vinmily profile image60
    Vinmilyposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7810689_f260.jpg

A lily.  White lily is beautiful. The pink is better.

1. Iammattdoran profile image90
      Iammattdoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree

10. Iammattdoran profile image90
    Iammattdoranposted 11 years ago

I'd be a lilly.  I know they're generally associated with funerals but I think they're classic, understated, elegant and long lasting.

Thanks for answering! I think this just means that you wish things would last longer and that you are an elegant person.

11. caseymel profile image90
    caseymelposted 11 years ago

I would be a Morning Glory because they are beautiful, they smell great, they attract butterflies and they sleep (close up) at night.

I like it! I especially like the part of sleeping close up to somebody at night.

12. ytsenoh profile image61
    ytsenohposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7815904_f260.jpg

Probably the white Annabelle Hydrangea because of its versatility at home or events.  I love all the colors and uses of the hydrangea.  The Oakleaf Hydrangea is very interesting because of its shape--not round--almost like a cone.  The Mophead Hydrangeas are very popular and consist of over a dozen colors.  You might see these at weddings also.  They make a great border for your fence line at home.

Being all over the place at home and events could be a good thing, but it could also turn into bad. You like to be interesting.

13. Rod Rainey profile image79
    Rod Raineyposted 11 years ago

I would be the flower of a monkey puzzle tree: prickly, but pleasant, beautiful, but subtle, looks like a flower, but is it a cone?, mysterious.

They're a very ancient species; apparently they're found fossilized in Arizona's petrified forest.   

I worked at the zoo in my early twenties and the grounds keepers gave me a small monkey puzzle tree. I loved it, but it died on me. I'm terrible with house plants.

http://archaeofacts.com/wp-content/uplo … e-tree.jpg

hmmm... it's a mystery. I took a look at the picture and you really can't figure it out. You are so mysterious.

14. profile image0
    UniqeBrightmindposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7817528_f260.jpg

I'd be a tulip. They are associated with spring. They are a vibrant and bloom in a multitude of colors.

They are also one of the first flowers to come up out of the ground and bloom. I like to be seen as a bright person as well.

15. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 11 years ago

I would like to be an orchid because it is the most beautiful plant on this planet and gives happiness to a lot of people who receives it as a gift.

I like to give happiness to people as well.

16. moonfairy profile image75
    moonfairyposted 11 years ago

fun question!!! I would be a moonflower. They're pure white, open at night and glow in the light of the moon.

I like it! This may mean that you like to glow and write underneath the light of the moon and the stars.

17. lilmissmeg profile image60
    lilmissmegposted 11 years ago

i would be a lotus for the reason of Buddhism and it is extremely spiritual.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)