You're on your way to work and you listen to a CD that's all about you. What ar

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. ytsenoh profile image60
    ytsenohposted 11 years ago

You're on your way to work and you listen to a CD that's all about you.  What are the songs?

2. kallini2010 profile image81
    kallini2010posted 11 years ago

I think my CD would turn into a whole collection of disks much sooner than anyone would expect, but if I had to choose one signature song - it would be "Buleria, Buleria" by David Bisbal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTm-Q43ZQek

It's hard to let yourself to live a fully passionate life, people interpret it as crazy, but passion is almost a personality dimension.

I am not a big fan of fancy rings for cell phones, but I had this song as a ring.  The fact that I didn't change it for a few years just proves that some songs describe us better than others.

There is also a charming song "Al Andalus" - it is about searching for a woman of his dreams, though he knows she does exist and it has the oriental flavour to it - almost as if it would take you 1001 (not nights, but what? units of time) to find what you are looking for and what I am looking for?  Ultimately myself.  Maybe it makes more sense to those who understand Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d6gaJfjQnI

And the last would be "Llorare las penas"

Even though you could feel the suffering but it does not have the whining quality as so many English and Russian songs have and I do appreciate pick-me-uppers!

As a dancer I do appreciate rhythm.  But rhythm is essentially heartbeat.  Who does not respond to his own heartbeat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9RZ113R5A

ytsenohposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for sharing.  I enjoyed "Buleria, Buleria."

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

It would be a mixed CD with the following tracks...

"Teenage Lobotomy" by the Ramones
    "Punk and Belligerent" by Warrior Soul
    "Heavy Metal Powered Man" by Iron Savior
    "Metal Daze" by Manowar
    "Rotten to the Core" by Overkill
    "The Thing That Should Not Be" by Metallica

FatFreddys, thanks very much!

4. Andy McGuire profile image74
    Andy McGuireposted 11 years ago

Brights Lights by Placebo is my theme song.
    Andy, You're A Star by the Killers is another.

Andy, thanks very much for your response.

5. UnknownWon profile image61
    UnknownWonposted 11 years ago

I will go with a track list if I may;

1. Bullet With Butterfly Wings - Smashing Pumpkins
    2. Hunger Strike - Temple of the Dog
    3. Judith - A Perfect Circle
    4. Whatever - Godsmack
    5. The Way I Am - Eminem
    6. Swamped - Lacuna Coil
    7. Bring Me To Life - Evanesence
    8. Epiphany - Staind
    9. Life - Our Lady Peace
    10. Hurt - Nine Inch Nails (or Johnny Cash)
    11. Got The Life - KoRn
    12. I Stand Alone - Godsmack
    13. The Message - Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
    14. Love You Death - Type O Negative

I have such a massive mix of music because I am a person that loves various forms of music and how I feel is...its always evolving. Somedays I am happy, other days I am angry, and it can happen whenever. Alot of it is my mind just wants to be creative.

Thank you for such a lively response.  It's true, a lot of times, music takes us somewhere pleasant dependent on our frame of mind at each respective moment.

6. janetwrites profile image80
    janetwritesposted 11 years ago

I think my list would be:

"Nothing else matters" by Metallica
    "My Immortal" by Evanesence
    "Arms of an Angel" by Sarah McLachlan
    "Baby, I'm a fool" by Melody Gardot

My way to work is short, so there's no time for more songs.

Nice list, Janet.  Thank you for your response.

7. Elderberry Arts profile image92
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

Not sure about a whole cd but Bitch by Meredith Brooks comes to mind, Creep by Radiohead and The Middle by Jimmy Eat World.

8. zwriter profile image59
    zwriterposted 11 years ago

The song which reflects my feelings today is "Brand new me" by Alicia Keys

zwriter, thanks much for your response.

9. profile image49
    gautamRaazposted 11 years ago

my song is lost inside your love by enrique iglesias and he is my favourite singer.

gautam, thank you for your response.

10. krillco profile image86
    krillcoposted 11 years ago

Satisfaction the Rolling Stones:

Love in Vain the Rolling Stones:

Not Fade Away the Rolling Stones:

Up on the Roof James Taylor:

Fire and Rain James Taylor:

Jessica Allman Brothers Band:

Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton:

Swing Low Eric Clapton:

Pink: Aerosmith:

The Man Comes Around Johnny Cash:

Pocahontas Neil Young:

Comes a Time Neil Young:

Momma Told Me Lynrd Skynrd:

In My Life the Beatles:

All Along the Watchtower: Bob Dylan:

Touch of Grey: the Grateful Dead:

Oh my, krillco, lots of great tunes here for sure!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)