Why should anyone read a "Christian" hub that does not allow comments.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

Why should anyone read a "Christian" hub that does not allow comments.

Why would anyone give any credence to a "Christian " hub that does not allow response, no way to respond or offer addition or correction if needed?    If it is a scriptural article then scripture requires that it be tested .   and the writer should be held accountable.  if it is taught publicly it is to be addressed publicly.    In fact usually the response shows the heart of the person, whether they can prove their beliefs with scripture taken in context.   or if you are expected to blindly  believe them               What do you think.

2. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 11 years ago

I think such a hub and circumstances reveal a writer who lacks the courage of his/her alleged convictions.  "Because I said so" is no way to bear witness to God or scripture.  And I feel that both science and religion are both quite fairly answerable to scrutiny!

celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

so should they be writing "Christian" articles then?

2. stanwshura profile image71
      stanwshuraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's up to them, but if they want to be taken seriously, they need to allow for comments and feedback.

3. profile image53
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

celafore- That's one of the first things I check when I look into a christian Hub is to see if it allows for comments. If not, then I don't even bother to read the rest of the Hub. Hub's like that remind me of Churches with a set doctrine that you are not allowed to question. They expect you to accept their view and that it. Well that does not work for me, so I don't bother with them. And I put NO trust in them at all.

I'm not saying this because I like to argue with someone views. But sometime I want to get clarity on the subject that was writen or sometime to understand the context of what was writen or a part that was mentioned. And there are many time when I want to mention the fact that a Hub is great and deserves a good comment.

I like your question though, I hope it will make people think.

amen.   this should not be allowed on the Christian forum.   but it does show that they feel their opinion is more important than scripture truth

4. CertifiedHandy profile image59
    CertifiedHandyposted 11 years ago

I have noticed that many Hubbers write as a challenge then bristle and some even go as far as to say to respond to them. This is a public forum. Anyone who fears being challenged should find another outlet for their emotions. I enjoy being intellectually  challenged (pun intended)... HIS

my thoughts exactly

2. CrescentSkies profile image63
      CrescentSkiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with, laugh at, but still challenge your pun.

3. celafoe profile image54

your comment is waiting for moderation I have hit a touchy subject and i am sure there are complaint by some that think they are special/  the ones that dont teach truth, but opinion   They have already had me banned from answering questions once

5. CrescentSkies profile image63
    CrescentSkiesposted 11 years ago

I was advised many times when writing my hub about political parties not to allow comments because they would flame and insult my article into nothing. None of the warnings came into fruition but I think the people that pull what you're talking about are of a similar mindset to those that advised me.

It's actually quite a foolish idea if you think about it. Comments on hubpages, like any place, are free content updates that you don't have to spend time writing. Also people are more likely to check out your hub if there is controversy in the comments, allowing your hub and your viewpoint to be spread to more viewers.

Summed up I think these people are just not all that intelligent.

that is something I didnt think about, thank you

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Not to be disrespectful but when you read an article in a magazine (whether you agree with the information or not) you cannot comment.  If you read an op-ed online, you don't always have the ability to comment.  So I am not sure why Hubpages articles (whatever the subject matter) need to be any different.

All things you read with regard to the Christian faith should be tested against Scripture.  And the amount of bad information out there is astonishing unfortunately.

my concern is for those looking for some truth that read one of these that look so good , but are full of error and fall for the lie.   myself I read one once in a while, just to see what trash to teach the truth about.   thanks for the imput

7. taburkett profile image59
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

You obviously belive that everyone and everything should be graded.  Therefore, you should recognize that hubs are posted as a personal belief based on experience and education.  Therefore, like in all Godly events, you have a choice, you can read a "Christian Hub" or not.  And equal to your choice is the coice of the Hub writer - permit response or not.  Thereby permiting the same Godly supported choices.

You are only blind if you choose such a venue.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

celafoe, take my word for it, you're not blind. taburkett is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)