Why have I gone from a level 7 commenter to a level 5?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)
  1. pagesvoice profile image73
    pagesvoiceposted 11 years ago

Why have I gone from a level 7 commenter to a level 5?

I leave comments every day here on HP and yet I have helplessly sat by and watched my commenter level drop from a 7 to a 5 and quite honestly I have no idea why.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Oh, the wonders of Hubpages. There are so many of these questions that I would love answered. Only the minds of Hubpages know.

pagesvoiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It amazes me how they figure things here. I've been published numerous times in a national magazine and yet I seem to struggle here on HP.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh so true my friend. It seems that the harder you try the more aggravating they make things. Hopefully, it is just a glitch. I think I would write them and get an answer. Good luck!

3. seanorjohn profile image72
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

Questioning such decisions will most likely lead to further reductions in your commenter level.

Seriously, the levels are  reviewed every 6 months.That's all I know about this.

I certainly hope that isn't the case. I've always been taught to ask questions when things don't make sense and this doesn't make one iota of sense to me.

2. wqaindia profile image38
      wqaindiaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can level go below ZERO also. if it is so I will keep myself away from commenting voluntarily.

3. pagesvoice profile image73

It has happened again today. Yesterday I was level 6 and again today it's back to level 5.

4. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

I agree with JThom, you should write and get an answer.  There seems to be no apparent reason why your commenter ranking should drop.

Maybe I should contact the powers to be about this conundrum. Last night for instance my level was VI and the next time I logged in it was V and now it's VI again. I'm miffed, to say the least.

5. fatfist profile image65
    fatfistposted 11 years ago

Don't question, just comply. It's the only way to avoid trouble. That's my philosophy. I just do what I'm told and I'm grateful to be allowed to live.

6. ytsenoh profile image59
    ytsenohposted 11 years ago

I think you might have to leave several comments each day to get your number back up--to consistently maintain it.  I don't know if that's 10 a day or a dozen a day, and they have to be good, positive and meaningful comments that help the writer and the hub they wrote.  This, of course, is just my view.

7. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 11 years ago

I do not know the reason behind it.Contact the operators.

8. Becky Katz profile image80
    Becky Katzposted 11 years ago

I don't know either, but if you find out why, let me know. Mine went from a solid 8 down to a level 7 and has just stayed there. I answer 2-3 questions every day. I read and comment on 10-20 articles most days. I critique gently and praise lavishly. I went for a week with a 100 hubber score, but my commenter status does not go back up. I am really getting fed up with the changes that they are making that do not seem to make sense and do not improve things. My viewer level has not gone up a bit in the last year. I have pretty much quit writing on here because I do not have time to be creative as well as follow all of their new rules.

9. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 11 years ago

Does the commenter level have any impact on page views or other HP aspects?  I assume it has a bearing on your hub score, but I am curious how all of these things impact each other.

10. zebron profile image60
    zebronposted 11 years ago

Some accolades are temporary.  You can find the full list here. http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades

11. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I hope you find an answer. I was a level 8 and dropped to level 7. I had a period of time for about six months, where my contributions to the Hub were less than usual. So, I guess if you don't play you lose your rank. I also do not know how I obtained a Hub Score that went from 92 to 100 in about five days and then dropped to 92 a week later and is now at 95.

I have really give up trying to figure these things out.

12. DommaLeigh profile image60
    DommaLeighposted 11 years ago

When I started hubpages a friend of mine who has been doing them for a while told me to answer two questions a day, comment on two hubs a day and write as many articles that I could. With life being so busy for me with work, grand kids, life drama, and the normal daily/weekly routines, I haven't been able to follow the advice. My friend on the other hand has only seen his numbers grow, where mine go up and down. I don't know for sure but I think it is all linked to how active you are and maintaining the that level of activity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)