Are you worried about what happens after you die?

Jump to Last Post 51-65 of 65 discussions (92 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Tonythedemonposted 10 years ago

No, there is no time to worry. I just think that when you die you are dead, you can't feel anything and you won't exist on anymore but I would worry about after dying or even dying in general until I come to it. Nobody knows where you go after you die and personally It makes me kind of depressed thinking about it so I don't.

2. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 10 years ago

I am worried about the days till I would be alive. There is no need of thinking about the time after death. I am bothered about present.

3. profile image50
    Halle Louposted 10 years ago

Dear David,

If you cease to exist ... will you know that you no longer exist ? :-)   
    So you can strike that fear off your list ... 'cause you will never know that you don't exist.  How can you! If you have any awareness at all it means you do exist.

As to an "afterlife" ... well life in a physical body or a non physical body is a continuous learning experience. Once you get into the growth groove, there's no difference. 

You can connect with higher states of consciousness, right here, while still in a physical body.... and that way once again there's no difference ... "pre death or post death".

4. profile image56
    horseaholicposted 10 years ago

I believe that if you accept Christ and God into your life, you're in.  I also believe, as a Lutheran, that if you're baptized, you'll automatically be welcomed into the Kingdom of God, because you're baptized and because Christ died to save us.

On the other hand, if that isn't what you want to hear, I once asked my friend about it.  She is Pagan.  She replied that she too worried about it for a long time until she stopped believing in things that included Hell.  I believe in Heaven, not Hell.

That's the best advice I can give you.

5. MSGolden51 profile image75
    MSGolden51posted 10 years ago

Not at all, the Bible say's if any man is in Christ Jesus he is a new creature, old things are passed away all things, are become new. What I mean about that is when man accept Jesus Christ as his personal savior, Christ comes into your heart the moment you say "Jesus come into my heart" because with the heart man believeth in salvation and with the mouth confession is made. (Romans 10: 9,10). The Bible does speak about afterlife, and you have to accept Jesus into your heart and believe while you are still living, not whenever you die by then it's to late, because you don't have your will as you do right now. Don't let it be to late give Jesus your heart.

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!!!!

6. Raitu Disong profile image60
    Raitu Disongposted 10 years ago

If you are not ready to die,
    You are not ready to live....

Death puts an end to our mortal body, but our soul lives forever.
    I am not worried about what happens after death, but on the opposite I am excited about what God is going to show me..,

Without God we are hopeless,!
    God is with me...
    Death has no power over me....
    Just a change of address from earth yo a better place...

7. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 10 years ago

Many of us even don’t discover what life is all about and  die without retrieving the real joy of life. The reason may be that when we are young, we just spend our days without doing anything specific for our future. When we reach the old age, we repent  our mistakes  and thus  we are unable to perform our  precious role of life. We realize it only when we are at the deathbed.
    Those who have done their duties sincerely in life wherever required make examples for others to follow their path, and their souls rest in peace. However, a real cause of worry  will be  definitely  there    who  have spent  their lives doing nothing important and of course will make them unhappy after they die.

8. theodoresumrall profile image59
    theodoresumrallposted 10 years ago

I worry about how will I die rather than worrying about what will happen after I die!

9. cherryseeds profile image61
    cherryseedsposted 10 years ago

anyone can be scared of getting to a place they never know about. But however, after dying, my tasks here will be anyhow DONE. so i do not care of what my body will be. if they don't bury me, they will be bothered by the presence of the dead body, they better bury it

10. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 10 years ago

Fear of death is due to the fact that we do not know what we will be facing of the unknown.

If you have a religion then you will be comforted that after death, you will be with God.

Do not think of what will happen in death but learn as much as you can when you are living. As for me, I am constantly in search of the way of enlightenment. It is a journey that I believe that I need to pursue in my lifetime.

1. MSGolden51 profile image75
      MSGolden51posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is true that people are afraid of the unknown, but they don't have to be in the unknown the word of God says "That we shall be with him when we accept him and his son in our heart. It is not which religion you choose, but Jesus Christ you choose.

11. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 10 years ago

All the time.  I've written many hubs about this topic.  Check them out if you have the time.

12. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7999888_f260.jpg

I have learned not to worry about this and I truly believe my remaining loved ones (i.e. family) will be taken care of (also). Now I am not sure how this works; yet I have reason to believe that it does indeed happen. Those so-called coincidences may perhaps be the means by which a higher power intervenes to try to help you. Be aware of those so-called coincidences...

13. erorantes profile image49
    erorantesposted 10 years ago

No . I do not. because  no one knows .  What realy happen after you die.  It is better to enjoy life than worry about after death. Keep your mind busy. Read  good books that distract you. Watch movies and have some popcorn.   If you scare call the hot line.  non emergency call.

14. livinggood profile image60
    livinggoodposted 10 years ago

I always go back to what Jesus said:
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
    Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
    Mathew 6:33-34  NKJV

So don't worry about it, if you believe Jesus is the son of God and confess your sins you will go to heaven when you die.
    That's were I'm going and I hope you will join me.
    RT

15. Solaiman Abir profile image54
    Solaiman Abirposted 10 years ago

being a muslim.. if i say my prayers well and do good deeds according the holy quran... i will live in peace after death.. if i dont.. then i wont live in peace.. islam is a peacefull way of life.. and because everything written in the quran is proved true... it is also true.. thank you..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)