jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you believe in life after death?

1. DancingRedFeather profile image58
    DancingRedFeatherposted 8 years ago

Do you believe in life after death?

Do you believe that when you die you go to heaven?

2. create a page profile image61
    create a pageposted 8 years ago

Yes, I do.  One of the best things about life is that it does not really end when we die, we enter a new realm.  No, I do not believe in reincarnation, as in the Hindu belief.  We live, but not on earth.

3. yolanda yvette profile image61
    yolanda yvetteposted 8 years ago

DancingRedFeather, you asked 'do you believe that when you die you go to heaven?'  I'm not sure if the question is meant to be answered in a specific or general sense, so I will answer it in both.  I know that when I die, I'm going to heaven.  My assurance is because of my trust in Christ Jesus, who is my Saviour.  That answer may sound arrogant and presumptous, perhaps even to those who are also Christians, but I have settled the issue in my mind once and for all.  I trust in the righteousness of Christ alone and no longer in my own.  His righteousness has become mine.  His death has repleced mine.  And His place in heaven has guaranteed me a place as well.  I am heaven-bound because Jesus Christ is the only one in whom I have placed my trust. 

Now to answer your question from a general perspective, when you die you do go to heaven, if you have placed your trust in Jesus the Christ.  For He is the way, the only way, into Heaven.

Life after death is a reality for every person, whether we believe it or not.  The sky is not blue because we believe it is.  It is blue whether we believe it or not. Likewise, whether we believe in life after death or not, it will find each of us in the end.  And we will either have eternal life with God or eternal suffering without Him.

4. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

yolanda is correct and I agree with her 100%. As far as the answer from you, Yes2Truth, if you sincerely believe that we do not go into the presence of the Lord when we die, please explain the following to me. When Jesus was on the cross and the thief next to him repented and believed, Jesus said, "Assuredly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." How else could that be interpeted? Where is Jesus? Heaven, right? So where could the thief go after his death to be with Jesus? Heaven! (Paradise)

5. DancingRedFeather profile image58
    DancingRedFeatherposted 8 years ago

When Jesus said that he would be in paradise, he did not mean right away..because it is written only one ascended in heaven and that is Jesus. Jesus gave him that promise for when paradise would be restored..on Earth..not in Heaven. No one has ressurected and gone to heaven but Jesus. Everyone else are *sleeping*. Jesus raised the dead and none said that they went to heaven, hell or anywhere else. Why? Because they were no where..they were dead and their Breath of Life went back to God and when Jesus raised them, they began *breathing* again. The body goes to dust..back to the ground and remain *sleeping* until God raises the dead.

6. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago
  7. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

The word believe is such a strong word. if you believe in something is it not true that you'll do whatever it takes to defend it? including making up your own stuff=)