Just found 2 of my hubs copied here by this blogger at http://fatema-taher.blogs

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (44 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

Just found 2 of my hubs copied here by this blogger at
    http://fatema-taher.blogspot.in/

since some time I've been experiencing a loss of traffic in some hubs of mine that have been doing very well for a long period of time. Since the drop was a continuous one I put a paragraph of one of my hub in Google search and the search returned this site.
    Clicking on the link took me to my copied hub. This blogger has copied 2 of my hubs in almost their entirety, with a line or a few words omission here and there. I have experienced quite a severe drop in traffic on both hubs.
    I'd request other hubbers too to see if she has copied their hubs!

2. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 11 years ago

I'm sorry to learn this has happened to you Rajan. I hope you're able to get the plagiarized material removed. Appreciate the heads up on this.

rajan jollyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have written to the blogger to take it off failing which I'll file a DMCA. Thanks for the concern L.L.

3. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

Rajan, you are such a good writer with rich content. It is so sad when other people copy your stuff. I'm really sad because you deserve all the best rewards for your hard work. Thank you for taking time to alert the rest of us. I hope this person receives the punishment that thieves deserve.

Marlene, I just hope other hubbers have a look in to see if their hubs too have been copied or not? I think it is sad for all those whose hard work is blatantly stolen.

4. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

It is too bad. Let's stand united to curb this malpractice by some crooked fellows.  Also you take necessary steps to get the copied stuff removed by Google by informing them with full details.

I will, thanks Sunil.

5. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 11 years ago

Rajan,
    I believe in forgiving. Products are duplicated. Content is copied and reproduced. Humans are cloned but still original will remain original as brass can not replace gold. Gold never gets oxidized.  The duplicator can not survive when he/she will not be able to reply to in depth questions and clarifications. Moreover I think your article are available on the web with claimed and verified Google Authorship. Even duplicators are making you more popular as when buying a branded product for a heavy price we look for bar code. It is quite possible that in the times to come your articles might also be having Bar Code so that duplicated content is ignored by the search engines.

1. MarleneB profile image91
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I absolutely relish the idea of using Bar Codes. That would be a great start to end the heavy duplication that goes on so easily in the internet world.

2. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

this sounds a nice idea, but i m sorry i dont know what are bar codes? Can you please explain how we can have it for our hubs.

3. rajan jolly profile image93

I hope something like a bar code comes in soon to make the lives of those who spend a considerable amount of time working on their hubs and articles. Thanks wqa.

6. younghopes profile image67
    younghopesposted 11 years ago

it is really unfortunate as even i have seen one of the bloggers' copying all my blog posts and putting on his blog. i am feeling frustrated since i really dont know wat to do. infact, he as copied exactly word by word even photos. i found it out when i saw traffic coming from his blog to mine, when i saw his blog, i was shocked to see so many of my posts there. i tried to contact him but he has no mail, comment box in his blog, so i just couldn't do anything. http://healthy-life-in.blogspot.in/
    is the url of the blog which has copied my beauty blog posts.

Didn't you file a DMCA, Shadaan? File it if you haven't.

2. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

no i havent filed it, how can i do that can you please tell

3. molometer profile image80
      molometerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@younghopes. not a good idea to put the URL of the offender in here. You probably sent them even more traffic, and you have given them a strong back-link.
      That is one of the reasons why adding URL's here is against hubpages T&C's

4. WalterPoon profile image68
      WalterPoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Molometer is right about adding URLs violating HubPages T&C. I was banned by HubPages for 24 hours for putting a link to support by answer just a few days ago , LOL.

5. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

@molometer   oh so sorry, i wasnt aware of this, but surely a lesson learnt, thank you, would be more cautious in future

7. Rosemay50 profile image61
    Rosemay50posted 11 years ago

Sorry to hear that Rajan. I hope you are successful in getting those copied articles removed by Google

I hope so but before filing a DMCA, I asked the blogger to take it off, failing which I will.

8. WalterPoon profile image68
    WalterPoonposted 11 years ago

It is amazing that you should lose traffic to someone who plagiarize your work! I always thought that Google identifies the date-stamp and treat all subsequent copies as duplicates. On top of that, HubPages has an Alexa ranking of 445, while the blogspot you mentioned is ranked at 5,140,224. A blog with an Alexa ranking like that can hardly find any visitors on most days!

My conclusion is that the severe drop in your traffic is not due to the blog you mentioned but more likely, your hub has fallen off from the first page of Google Search, due to competition from other websites.

As regards your two hubs, you can write to the blogger concerned at his blog to request him to remove the two articles.

I've written to the blogger though I doubt she will take it off. DMCA would be the way to go then.

9. Blond Logic profile image94
    Blond Logicposted 11 years ago

I too have had the same thing. I went to the Hubpage learning center where there were instructions about how to file a complaint. I did this, and sent it to Google. There was of course the message that they receive many complaints and it could take some time.

Because this was on Blogger, I received a very rapid response saying that the page would be removed shortly and it was.

It shouldn't have been allowed to happen but the response to my complaint was taken with the utmost seriousness and dealt with.
    Good luck .

I will file a DMCA Blond, if it is not taken off by the blogger.

2. Relationshipc profile image88
      Relationshipcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had the same experience as Blond. The copied material was gone within a week. The thing that got me, though, was that the person was allowed to continue on with their blog. I think their blog should get shut down and they should be banned.

3. Blond Logic profile image94
      Blond Logicposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Relationshipc
      If they have copied material once, it is likely they will again.

10. gags3480 profile image59
    gags3480posted 11 years ago

Even I have experienced it lately. I found my best hub on a blogger blog in exact same words. It's shame that blogger doesn't has the filters to detect copied content. I don't know what to do with such bloggers.

11. FlourishAnyway profile image95
    FlourishAnywayposted 11 years ago

Sorry to hear this happened to you, Rajan.  I would definitely take action to reclaim what is yours while also considering the plagarism an unwanted compliment to your creativity and writing style.

1. WalterPoon profile image68
      WalterPoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I feel that if it does not adversely affects you, there's no need to take any action. After all, there are many people in the internet offering free services like Wikipedia and the Free Software Foundation.

12. DREAM ON profile image82
    DREAM ONposted 11 years ago

The nerve of someone taking your work after all your hard work and time.Why would anyone want to take credit for something they didn't write?Thanx for the tip I will check mine out too.Keep us informed of all your progress.Have a great day.

13. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
    LoisRyan13903posted 11 years ago

The person should have at least asked you for permission to do this.  Or if they just did a partial post with a back link to your article.

14. dorothy0328 profile image77
    dorothy0328posted 11 years ago

So sorry this happened to you however thank you for telling me how you found out. Best of luck to you and check plagerism laws or ask Hubpages if what they did is legal and what can you do about it.

15. cuttler profile image60
    cuttlerposted 10 years ago

This is sad indeed. I remember a while back someone did the same thing to you. How lazy and parasitic can guys get. Hope by now you have resolved the issue. By the way, is there a way you could briefly explain how you came to unravel this thief by using the graphs you were talking about? Again, am sorry this had to happen to such a dedicated and great writer like you.

WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

With the time spent to belabor over the issue, I would rather do a new hub. Whose article is higher up in Google Searchpage? The original or the imitation? If it is the original, why bother. Anyway, whose article is 100% original?

16. thedigger profile image58
    thediggerposted 10 years ago

You cannot stop this type of activity. If you this the copied text are coming above your hub in the search results just complain to google about this and google will review the content and remove the blogger's blog/page/content from search results.

17. BeBrown profile image65
    BeBrownposted 10 years ago

Thanks for this.  I did a quick search and found that http://if4incomefreedom.blogspot.co.uk/ … sites.html has copied this hub http://bebrown.hubpages.com/hub/Paid-to-write-sites - The funny thing is that whoever did it left all of my affiliate links in there!!!

Then you should thank him or her for helping you to promote your affiliate links! See, you should be giving him or her a cut of your commissions, just like what eBay and Amazon are offering us!!!

2. BeBrown profile image65
      BeBrownposted 10 years agoin reply to this

smile

18. old albion profile image61
    old albionposted 10 years ago

rajan. I am sorry to read this, I support you in whatever you can do in the matter. I am not surprised however that this has been done. The quality of your hubs is always outstanding.
    Graham.

19. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

hi there,

I tried that link, but it brought me to a home remedy site.

I never thought of hubs being copied, why would anyone want to do that, that is so sad.

Even if you are not good at writing or never really sat down to write, your own words and experiences are what draws people to your hubs.

Hope that problem gets solved
    Laurie

20. jobs4newcastle profile image57
    jobs4newcastleposted 10 years ago

Hello Rajan Jolly.. It is too bad, our efforts stolen by someone and thank you so much for your valuable advice.

21. djdaniel150 profile image60
    djdaniel150posted 10 years ago

You can file a DMCA request to have Google remove the pages, but this hardly fixes the problem. If you had you own domain you could effectively submit each new article to your webmaster tools account the moment you publish your content. This would effectively add a time stamp to your indexed content, in which Google would now know who the rightful owner was. This is what I do every single day! Then if someone copies and steal your content, they will get automatically penalized by Google for doing so, and no effort will be needed on your part to protect your work. TIMESTAMPS!

Djdaniel, that's a good idea. Another way is to apply for Google's Authorship at https://plus.google.com/authorship

This way, your name will be displayed in Google Search Results as the authenticated author.

2. djdaniel150 profile image60
      djdaniel150posted 10 years agoin reply to this

But anyone can apply Authorship to a post and claim it as their own. The only sure way to protect your work is again with a time stamp from the search engines themselves. Authorship does help with identifying a trusted person though!

22. profile image53
    mandi52posted 10 years ago

My Dear Friend Rajan Jolly.
    I am extremly sorry and I sincerely appolizise for the mistake.I on my part have no such intention of copying any of your material let alone any one else.It was not done intentionally but purely by mistake.I was shared both the article by one of my friend and i found it very help full so i just posted on my blog for others to benefit from it.I once again appolizise for all the inconvinece it caused you.I hope this will clear the matter.
    For future i would like your permission to post your article on my blog. Please need your help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)