Is 22 is too old for a man?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. tuteramanda profile image61
    tuteramandaposted 10 years ago

Is 22 is too old for a man?

I feels my youth memory is far away from me ,it seems too much painful memory has split my soul into pieces.

2. definitions profile image58
    definitionsposted 10 years ago

No way!  22 is so young!  I am in my late 30s but I feel that this is very young too.  Actually to me, 60 is young!

tuteramandaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

being a young heart forever really wonderful

3. Candicetricks profile image57
    Candicetricksposted 10 years ago

I am a 18 year old girl but I do have the feeling that I am just 13. 22 is NOT at all old man's mind. Yes. As year pass, your thoughts will change, you will be more cleared, Sometimes you will have the chance of acting too childish, sometimes in a teen way, sometimes so matured. In my opinion that is a age. Why are you feeling, man. 22 is like kid, enjoy yourself, don't listen to the silly bad heart, listen to your kind good destinated mind.

thanks candicetricks, my friends often says girls are mature earlier than boys ,it might ture,thanks your suggestion

4. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 10 years ago

Age is a number. Plenty of young people mope around feeling sorry for themselves thinking they are "old" and many older people I know live life fully and energetically and are much more youthful than their younger counterparts.

If you feel a pity party at 22 I hate to think how you'll feel at 30, 40 and beyond.  Life is amazing at any age - it's what you do with it.  If you stay stuck in the past you can't make the most of now.

thanks,christin,maybe i am a little sensitive and emotional

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 10 years ago

At 22 your brain and skeleton aren't even completely matured, so 22 is far from old.  In fact, a lot of people over 50 or 60 will tell you that they feel as young now as they did when they were much younger. 

If you have painful memories and/or things that are making you feel unhappy now it's has nothing to do with "old".  It has to do with "unhappy" (or "dealing with difficult memories").

Even people who are fairly happy in life, though, may tend to feel less than happy in their early twenties because they can feel like they got to the adulthood they'd been waiting so long to get to, only to discover how many more challenges there can be in order for a person to get from "just being an adult" to being "where he really wants to be in life".  People often imagine how great it will be to get to adulthood before they're really there.  Then when they get there it can be kind of a let-down in a lot of ways - at least until someone has some more time to build his life to be more what he wants it to be.

In this day and age, it may be even more difficult for young adults, just starting out, to get to where they feel as if they "have it all together" as far as their life and aims and happiness go.

If you have painful memories, there's at least the chance that you haven't had enough time yet for time to do its job of making those memories feel less acute.  At only 22, there's also the chance you haven't had enough time to build up some new, nice, memories/elements in your life that can kind of "replenish" you "mental energy".

If you could do this, it may be helpful to find a counselor who can put some of what you're dealing with in a better perspective than someone as young as you is able to do.  When particular big and painful things go on, or when too many bad things happen, when a person is young; the person is often too young to have gotten some practice with coping skills and perspective.

Best of luck to you.  It sure seems to me that whatever has happened in your life has been a lot for someone as young as you to know how to process as well as someone older may be able to do.  Time should help some, but in the meantime try to find things that may help you get your mind off what is painful, and try to focus on happier, or least neutral, things.   (Give your mind a rest as much as you can.)  We can't make time pass more quickly, so giving your mind a mental rest whenever you can has to sometimes be the next best thing.

I dont know whether  i am mature enough,i just experience so much bad memory,maybe i am so sensitive and emotional that easily be hurt,but if i express my sensitive , others  will consider me not man enough.

2. Abby Campbell profile image73
      Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

tuteramanda - Don't live in the past. When we live in the past, we live in our suffering. We must live in the present. Each day is new and brings new things to the forefront of our lives. Focus on those. wink

6. robhampton profile image92
    robhamptonposted 10 years ago

Well, I am 42 and don't feel too bad. They say that 40 is the new 30! lol

that's interesting,rob

7. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

22.   Your life is just beginning. There is so much ahead and at this point in your life you can do or be anything you want to.  You have a precious gift and that is the gift of time.  Life passes quickly but now is the time to pick a path and strive ahead.  I am 61 and many things are now closed to me, health changes, physical ability and attractiveness change.  Enjoy 22, savor every precious moment.

thanks  mom, i would preciou my young lifetime, strive ahead may be the best choice for young people

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)