If we get a chance to start life again from childhood,will we be better or worse

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)
  1. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years ago

If we get a chance to start life again from childhood,will we be better or worse?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8008273_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 10 years ago

It would probably be the same unless we knew  we were living it again and remembered the lessons

SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Very well said, but we often repeat our mistakes in life, without learning the lessons.Isn't it ?

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is true with some people but as far as some are concerned learning our lessons depends on the consequences. I've learned to change my actions at times due to harsh consequences

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

I am not sure one can really define the outcome of better or worse.

The only thing that may be beneficial to starting childhood again is knowing what we didnt know then that we know now. We may even have ideas now to fix the world. However once again, we were given the tools to fix the world and instead we destroyed it. There are many young ones that are able to get their message across and do good, but it seems as adults we listen only but do not act.

We may be able to change our paths. However no matter what we plan its the Lords plans that prevail. He brings us to our destinies.

So with all that said, in my opinion, I believe it would be worse to start again, knowing what we as adults know now, its in our best interest to help those that are learning and experiencing the world as they grow and to teach them what they could do to help. Being a child again would only in my opinion confuse our minds.

Good question
    Laurie

4. stanwshura profile image70
    stanwshuraposted 10 years ago

This is a very difficult question.  I'm assuming you mean a completely new start, with which we would not begin with all we have learned and experienced heretofore.  In that case, I think it is a literal coin toss.  For me, as of this moment, hitting the reset button sounds mighty attractive.  On the other hand, there are some gifts, and dare I say potential, that I would not wish to gamble losing.  It is a really tough call and good question!

5. djdaniel150 profile image60
    djdaniel150posted 10 years ago

Being as life is a learning experience, knowledge is something that is gained over time, so starting over makes no difference, because we wouldn't have the knowledge we gained.

True , but negligently we people forget and spoil the knowledge gained from experiences and commit the mistakes again and again.

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image62
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 10 years ago

In my case I will do better and try to avoid all mistakes I had committed earlier.  I will be thankful to God and surely lead a more better life on my second term.

You are right,so let us think that we are reliving our life from today onwards.

7. Peanutritious profile image61
    Peanutritiousposted 10 years ago

I would love to be able to have 'another go at life' knowing what I do now through the mistakes I have learnt. If I had to go back and live life again knowing nothing, then i'd pass. Growing up isn't easy and all you can do with the pain and hurt you suffered is put it down to experience. I'm happier now (more cynical definitely) but more comfortable in my own skin.

8. Kevin Peter profile image60
    Kevin Peterposted 10 years ago

It's a very interesting question. I think if I am given a chance I will surely do my best. There were many bad incidents in my life that happened due to my carelessness. So if I get a chance I would be rather careful not to repeat those mistakes.
    I think it would be the same with almost all people. We all may think that it would be a better one. But don't know what would happen because these are all simply imaginations.

Indeed this is a pure imagination, but the thought of it has made us all the better because of it; and your reply is the proof of it.

9. profile image59
    ElleBeeposted 10 years ago

All depends on whether we will remember the "first" life, and all the lessons we learned from having grown to be an adult already.

10. WalterPoon profile image67
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

To me, I don't think it's fair to use the knowledge and wisdom that we have acquired over the years to paste them onto our childhood days and then set our life on a different course. As it is, we are still on the learning path and there's no end in sight, as far as learning is concerned.

Having said that, it would be interesting to imagine what our life could have been, had we had the benefit of hindsight. I would probably have invested all my money in blue chips during the mid-1980s recession and sold them, just prior to the Asian Financial Crisis, LOL.

11. getdpg profile image55
    getdpgposted 10 years ago

I will enjoy my life from scratch . Things which i couldn't do in my childhood will try those things . It will be better because of technology and surroundings.

12. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 10 years ago

You have a positive attitude.The people talk about mistakes and the lessons learnt thereof.But life is just to live fully and completely.We will always remain imperfect.
    Our forefathers thought that, they were right.All superstitions are the ruins of old truths.The truth itself is not perfect, but relative; then how the life, being a part of that grand and eternal truth, is supposed to be perfect.The mankind is still discovering the truth, in its pursuit of perfection.Your answer is the best.

13. profile image57
    Anika Diariesposted 9 years ago

If I am so fortunate to get this chance, I'll celebrate the spirit of life and try to learn new things from my new mistakes and implement it in my new life.

SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I will not hurt the feelings of others again, as we often try to win an argument at the cost of relationship..........

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)