What is it you live for?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Darksage profile image59
    Darksageposted 10 years ago

What is it you live for?

We all live for something, an idea, a belief, or probably for a person or an idol. What do you live for?

2. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 10 years ago

Achieving goals and making work easier for others. The second is the most difficult but I've made a passion out of it.

Darksageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Being a good person is always what we wanted to be. Thank you for being honest and for the answer smile

3. LailaK profile image70
    LailaKposted 10 years ago

Deep question! On a social level, I live to become a doctor and help others. But on a personal level, I live to fulfil my mission on this earth and leave a positive footprint in the world. I guess my mission is to help others and inspire them to chase their dreams.

Doctors always aim to help others and to save them whenever they can. Inspiring others is the best positive mark you can leave with others. Thank you for your honest answer smile

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 10 years ago

I am a naturally creative person, so I think I live to create, not necessarily for the benefit of others but to understand my place within the grand scheme of things. My actual living does come from helping those less fortunate, the disabled and those who have difficulty learning.

This is an example of living for what you know and what you want to do in life. Sometimes we don't need to help everybody just to live, but living on what you want to do and what you live on is always the best to live. Thank your answer

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

My family. They are everything to me.  I loved raising my kids, enjoyed it thoroughly and now enjoy my grandchildren.  It keeps me going through rough times and makes me happy to get up in the morning.

Family is always important and they are always needed, it is okay to live for your family, in fact I think that is a heroic deed, mam. I love my mother for her sacrifices and that she lived for me well. Thank you for your answer smile

6. WalterPoon profile image67
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

We did not choose to be born, so  the question, "What is it you live for?", is actually an afterthought. Since we have to live, we might as well make our life meaningful. The alternative is to lead a life of misery and despair.

To me, the answer is to enjoy my life to the fullest... to see this world and understand how it works. The pursuit of wealth is not in my cards. Neither is bringing joy and happiness to the world or to help the less fortunate. I'm not that altruistic. What I think will give me the greatest happiness is the ability to write a bestselling novel like Margaret Mitchell.

1. Abby Campbell profile image74
      Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, Walter. :-)

2. Darksage profile image59

Amazing answer once again sir. You are a very intellectual person and I always look forward to your answers. I hope you can live your life to the fullest and once you understand this world I hope you may share your knowledge with me.

7. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 10 years ago

I live, by choice for now, in the hope that the bullshit will clear up, and clarity, peace, routine, self-sufficiency, calm and control will somehow return.

Thank you for that answer. I believe that living is a choice as much it is freedom. But I know that "bullshit" will never clear up, everyday will have this "bullshit" and its just up to you how to handle it. Thank you for the honest answer smile

2. stanwshura profile image71
      stanwshuraposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Just so you know, I'm talking MAJOR bullshit, that keeps on coming and coming and coming - the kind that, by definition, makes most others go "daaayaaaamn", or to uncomfortably pretend they cannot help.

At least you appreciate honesty.  Thank you.

3. Darksage profile image59

I believe that there is always someone that could help. In times you just have to trust in things that you can't. It's never a gamble when it comes to life. I hope and I know that you can get out of that situation. smile

8. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 10 years ago

I live for my family members and myself to in search of the way of enlightenment. I live to learn of the unknown and finding the meanings behind our existence.

Thank you for that answer. In your answer I have found one of humanity's greatest achievement(if we are  to achieve it) and I hope that you may help us all understand everything that there it is for humanity.

9. connorj profile image70
    connorjposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8036518_f260.jpg

I believe I am in a journey and the ultimate goal for me and my loved ones is to end that journey in what some call Heaven, what I think is simply, "in the presence of God (the Father)." However, my time on the 3rd rock from the sun is not to try to think out this connundrum of sorts but to become more like His Son and thus, be privy to wisdom/insight to figure out the way...

Thank you for that beautiful answer and amazing picture, shows a lot of who we really are. We always want to be part of this "Heaven" and it does exist, I believe that God is up there making us children of this world.

10. modernalchemyst profile image88
    modernalchemystposted 10 years ago

Well, on a practical basis, I live for my mate and the goals we work toward together. The experience of love, happiness, security, shared passions and interests, kids one day. More generally, I live for the chance to learn as much as I can about whatever I can, for the chance to understand and be a part of something truly interesting, and to fully embrace all the beautiful and painful experiences I shape by my choices. But mainly I live for the fact that simply existing at all is pretty freaking awesome in and of itself. I mean, of all the things that don't exist in the universe, the fact that I get to be one of the ones that does is a miracle to take full advantage of in my book.

Thank you for your amazing answer. Love is great when we achieve it and we would live for it, you are one of the example why we live for love smile

11. rumanasaiyed profile image74
    rumanasaiyedposted 10 years ago

I take  my life as a journey. My final goal is heaven where I want to meet the creator of this Universe.

Thank you for your answer. All lives are a journey and all journeys have an end, which is for us, that end is heaven.

12. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 10 years ago

I live for inner freedom. The soul is on a pilgrimage and is not free until it rest in God. The wise know this. The outer things will come and go, and like the baby who will one day grow and forget childhood, so to we will sooner or later let go of things which are not permanent. The soul is on a quest for permanence or immortality, and will not be happy until it's found.

What do I live for? I mentioned this in the first five words, but I prefer to see it like the Christ did as this way is sweetest to me: Unconditional Surrender to the Will of the Supreme.

Thank you for your beautiful answer. It is truly overwhelming to read such words. This is a big commitment and choice for us all, even I don't think I can handle such commitment, but you sir seem to answer it honesty. Thank you smile

13. Abby Campbell profile image74
    Abby Campbellposted 10 years ago

I have many things that I live for, but I believe my ultimate reason for living is to make a difference in the lives of others whether they be may immediate family, friends, clients, etc. This can be done whether I choose to be a nutritionist, a writer, or anything else. Attitude and heart is what matters most and by showing my love and compassion to those who come in contact with me is hopefully the difference that will encourage them to do the same. We all want to be happy in this temporary life, so why not make the best of it?

Thank you for your great answer. We always aim to make a difference in our lives and in others. I think that this is our common goal. Make more people happy in your life an thank you once again for this honest answer smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)