Did Jesus die to save the whole world? This includes Islams, Bahai's, Buddhists,

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image42
    Emmanuel Marosiposted 10 years ago

Did Jesus die to save the whole world? This includes Islams, Bahai's, Buddhists, Atheists, etc...

2. profile image52
    graceinusposted 10 years ago

Your question implies the people and religion are the same thing. Yes, Jesus Christ did die on the cross to save all of man. No, Jesus Christ did not die on the cross to save religions. Therefore it is not INCLUDED. There is a difference.

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image42
      Emmanuel Marosiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

you misunderstood. i did not mention islam, i mentioned islams, bahai's, buddhists, etc...these terms refer to people and not religions

3. profile image0
    barrydanposted 10 years ago

Jesus' death is sufficient for the whole world, 1 John 2:2, but to be effective still requires the confession of the individual, Romans 10:9.

4. IsaiasPablo90 profile image66
    IsaiasPablo90posted 10 years ago

Absolutely, there is no doubt about it. God's mercy extends to all mankind.

5. jstfishinman profile image60
    jstfishinmanposted 10 years ago

Emmanuel, Islam, Buddhists, Atheist even Christianity, and Judaism are referring to Religions of the world. The people that practice these religions are worldwide. To call an Israeli a Jew, is a reference to Israel's main religion.
    As far as Jesus death is concerned, Jesus took on the sins of the world, from the past as well as the sins of the future for all mankind. It is each individuals responsibility to accept Jesus's gift to us. Though there are many religions, and many sects or divisions, in each religion.
    Jesus came to save "The Church" of which there is only one. Repenting, accepting Christ into your life, and following Jesus in obedience in baptism, and striving to follow Jesus in all that you do. These are requirements for members of "The Church".
    So in reality you can be religiously affiliated with any religion, including calling yourself a Christian, but if you don't belong to "The Church" you have not taken advantage of Jesus's death or resurrection. I hope this helps.

6. PlanksandNails profile image80
    PlanksandNailsposted 10 years ago

Jesus Christ took upon Himself the sins of the whole world and brought a means of reconciliation to God. There is one exception, and that is rejecting the drawing and leading of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ died to save all mankind.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. - 2 Peter 2:9

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be SAVED BY HIS LIFE. - Romans 5:10

Jesus Christ paid for all our sins upon the cross.

The whole world is reconciled to Jesus Christ by what He did on the cross, but the whole world is not saved because their sins are forgiven. We must receive the Spirit of God (be born again) in order to be saved.

The Islams, Bahai's, Buddhists, Atheists, etc... who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit will not be pardoned from their sin.

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. - Matthew 12:31

The whole world is reconciled to God by the death of His Son. Reconciliation does not mean everyone is saved; it means that the enmity between God and mankind as a result of Adam's transgression has been reversed. True salvation is having faith in the resurrecting power of Jesus Christ. Receiving His resurrected life is having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in you.

Most modern "churches" will tell you that your sins must be forgiven in order to be saved, but true salvation is the result of having Jesus Christ in you (being filled with the Holy Spirit).

Confessing our sin is the admission that we need a Savior, but that is not the fulfillment of salvation. We must have faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ to be saved.

The true Gospel of Jesus Christ must include His resurrecting power.

7. Borsia profile image39
    Borsiaposted 10 years ago

You are including atheists and others but perhaps you aren't aware that many consider the tale of Jesus as just that,,, another tale.
    So asking me if Jesus died for my sins the answer is that first I would have to believe the story/. Secondly, for someone to do something in my behalf would require my direct approval and a contract to exist between us to that affect.
    In short the answer is no I don't believe it ever did / or could happen that Jesus, or any other deity, died on my behalf or anyone else's for that matter.

8. WalterPoon profile image67
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

I don't think Jesus DIED to save the whole world. On the contrary, I would think that he LIVED, so that the whole world could be saved through his teachings. Unfortunately, he was crucified. If anything, I would think that as a result of his death, the world would be condemned, instead of being saved.

But for argument sake, let's say that Jesus did die to save the whole world. Who set that rule? And why was that rule necessary?

By the way, Jesus was not the only one to die on the cross. Many others have suffered such a fate, justly or unjustly, so what's so special about Jesus' case? Miscarriage of justice is a fact of life.

And after Jesus died, where did he go to? And where did the others who died on the cross go to? If Jesus returned to his Father and not go to Hell like most of the rest (if not all), can you still call that a punishment, or just a return?

9. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

He died, shed His blood that ALL may enter the kingdom of God.   But that entry also has entry requiremens  WHosoever will must repent and be born again according to scripture and accept the work of Christ as payment for their sins.
    Any that are unwilling to do so cannot partake of the free gift.

1. WalterPoon profile image67
      WalterPoonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well said... the Christians near my house told me, "You will enter heaven, so long as you believe Jesus is the Son of God, and you accept Him as your Saviour." You may get 5 marks for that, but that's not enough to assure you of a place in heaven.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)